PDA

View Full Version : Back to school tomorrow?

Jill
26-Oct-08, 10:30
Can anyone tell me if the primary schools (specifically Pennyland!) are going back to school tomorrow? I heard rumours that tomorrow is an inservice day but can't find any reference to it on the website. We missed the last day of last term so it's possible I've missed a note home from school ... !

shin chan
26-Oct-08, 10:31
The high school doesn't go back until Wednesday and I assume all the schools will be the same.

Wellies
26-Oct-08, 10:36
I think all the schools in Caithness are not back until Wednesday

Jill
26-Oct-08, 10:40
Hmm yes I heard about the high school but I know the hols are not always the same - all our written information (calendars, website etc) says back tomorrow, grr

Alice in Blunderland
26-Oct-08, 11:00
Monday and Tuesday are in-service days for the teachers in Thrumster so I would safely assume its the same all over. :) Kids back on Wednesday.

Moonboots
26-Oct-08, 11:01
As far as i know pennyland school is back on Monday but they have an in-service day on Tuesday

Venture
26-Oct-08, 11:17
Schools do not go back until Wednesday. See HRC website details.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/learninghere/schools/schooltermdates/

If you refer to the bottom of the page where it says Regional Closures.

ks
26-Oct-08, 12:25
Can anyone tell me if the primary schools (specifically Pennyland!) are going back to school tomorrow? I heard rumours that tomorrow is an inservice day but can't find any reference to it on the website. We missed the last day of last term so it's possible I've missed a note home from school ... !

Pennyland is not back until Wednesday, the original dates stated back on Monday but the nursery got a revised one saying in service days on Monday and Tuesday.

balto
26-Oct-08, 13:13
oh i wish the school was going back tomorrow but unfortunalty it isnt unto wednesday, even then i am only getting rid of one, since the other broke her foot, but the good news there is that the cast comes of on the 3rd so she will be back then.

Jill
26-Oct-08, 14:25
Thanks everyone! I never thought of looking at the highland council website (dimwit that I am!)