PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish left on the beach!!!!!!!!!

2little2late
17-Jul-03, 23:03
My wife and I took the children to Reiss beach today. We had an excellent time, what with a barbecue and the bairns splashing about in the sea. When we packed up and were walking along the beach to the car park, I could not believe the amount of rubbish left by users of the beach. The worst of the rubbish was left at the bottom of the steps that lead to the beach. There were about three carrier bags (handles tied), three empty boxes that had inflatable toys in them and one punctured inflatable. We left the beach about 7.30 p.m. so the beach was quite empty.

Do these uncaring people not realise the consequences of rubbish on the beach? It is absolutey disgusting that this kind of thing goes on. They may as well have not put the rubbish in bags as they will probably get ripped apart by seagulls anyway. If users of the beach can't be bothered to take their rubbish home with them, then they shouldn't go at all. I sincerely hope that the person(s) that left the rubbish are reading this as they may just have a tiny bit of remorse. The trouble with rubbish left on the beach is that there isn't anyone to clear the beach afterwards, but then, why should there be. It is left to the individual that they will be trusted to take thier rubbish home with them.

Lets not spoil a good beach.

jjc
17-Jul-03, 23:20
Quite right, Deacon Blue, it's disgusting. I can't understand why people think it is okay for them to dump their rubbish anywhere they like. It's the same as people who spit out their chewing gum, empty their ashtrays into the gutter, drop their takeaway wrappers in the carpark, leave their dogs to go wherever they like (to the toilet, that is), and all the other anti-social things that seem to be on the increase.

Let's face it, there are just people out there who think the world exists to clean up after them..

mike.mckenzie
18-Jul-03, 10:17
They should be electrocuted.

:eek:

Mr P Cannop
18-Jul-03, 10:34
they should be locked in on the beach untill they take their rubbnish with them