PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Wick Academy

Venture
25-Oct-08, 17:04
Congratulations to Wick Academy for holding their own against Edinburgh City in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup and gaining a return match at the Harmsworth. Great result.:)

teenybash
25-Oct-08, 17:25
Excellent....well done WA................:)

Poor cat
25-Oct-08, 18:01
Yes another great result after another long trip.

Great to see a young local side doing so well and playing some really great football.

Next Saturday's replay will be one of the biggest games at the Harmsworth for years.:D

Amy-Winehouse
25-Oct-08, 18:45
I shall be there, it should be a cracking game. How much is it to get admission to the match?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
25-Oct-08, 19:05
On the scorries.Well Done guys.:D:DBring the Edinburgh to Wick,if they know where it is.Probably think their going to Orkney.

golach
25-Oct-08, 19:25
On the scorries.Well Done guys.:DBring the Edinburgh to Wick,if they know where it is.Probably think their going to Orkney.
Well done Wick, and Cedric, you found Caithness ok didn't you? And so did R L Stevenson, he was from Edinburgh, and that was before the days of Sat Nav, don't worry if they want directions I'll point the way [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
25-Oct-08, 19:31
Well done Wick, and Cedric, you found Wick ok didn't you? And so did R L Stevenson, he was from Edinburgh, and that was before the days of Sat Nav, don't worry if they want directions I'll point the way [lol]

I never found Wick,Thurso found me.See golach yer jumpin to conclusions again.The Scorries are on homeground now and the Academy will do the bizz.:D

golach
25-Oct-08, 19:45
I never found Wick,Thurso found me.See golach yer jumpin to conclusions again.The Scorries are on homeground now and the Academy will do the bizz.:D
I hope they do Cedric, I only live in Edinburgh, I do not support them [lol]

lagertops
25-Oct-08, 23:49
Great result! will be good if a big crowd turns out for the replay. Cause if they win it could be Celtic Park or Ibrox in the next round.

speedo215
26-Oct-08, 11:24
I shall be there, it should be a cracking game. How much is it to get admission to the match?

it should be £6 for adults unless the scottish cup is different prices compared to the highland league, hopefully we will get a crowd to come along to cheer the scorries on, the crowd in edinburgh yesterday was fantastic

Amy-Winehouse
26-Oct-08, 14:50
Hopefully theres a big crowd next week & the boys dont get stage fright- they certainly used to in the 90`s , crowds of 1000 & they would lose gallantly!!!
The fourth round is when the big boys come in , It would be brilliant if Celtc or Rangers were here , the pubs would benefit as would several business`s for a few days. And Wick police would crap themselves[lol]

hotrod4
26-Oct-08, 18:30
Well done to Academy. Havent been foir years but may go along and support them. Hope they do well, they deserve a bit of luck.If the big boys come to Harmsworth park it would be magical!

Colin MacDonald
26-Oct-08, 19:45
Academy played really well yesterday and were unlucky not to win it at the end. The teams were evenly matched, and it should be a good game at The Harmsworth on Saturday. But I think one of the Academy boys gets married this coming Saturday, so while that's good news for him, it's not good news for hopes of Scottish Cup glory!There was a good crowd of Wickers at the game - which was played in appalling conditions.

Poor cat
27-Oct-08, 12:49
The winners of the Wick Academy/Edinburgh City replay have been drawn at home to Brechin City. Brechin are currently sitting top of the 2nd Division.

Brizer2k7
27-Oct-08, 13:54
full draw is as follows:-

Stilring Albion v Partick Thistle
Forfar Athletic v Stranraer
Lochee United v Ayr United
Forres Mechanics or Keith v Dalbeattie Star
Inverurie Loco Works v Civil Service Strollers or Vale of Leithen
Elgin City v Annan Athletic or Spartans
East Stirlingshire v Livingston
Edinburgh City or Wick Academy v Brechin City
Albion Rovers v Queen's Park
East Fife v Arbroath
Peterhead v Morton
Clyde v Montrose
Airdrie United v Cove Rangers
Raith Rovers v Alloa Athletic
Clachnacuddin v Stenhousemuir
Ross County v Dumbarton

The third-round ties will be played on Saturday, 29 November.

AfternoonDelight
11-Nov-08, 12:46
Academy played really well yesterday and were unlucky not to win it at the end. The teams were evenly matched, and it should be a good game at The Harmsworth on Saturday. But I think one of the Academy boys gets married this coming Saturday, so while that's good news for him, it's not good news for hopes of Scottish Cup glory!There was a good crowd of Wickers at the game - which was played in appalling conditions.

He did get married and we had a wonderful day! No doubt that was the reason for the return result!! ;)