PDA

View Full Version : British Summer Time ends tonight

golach
25-Oct-08, 16:32
Please remember BST ends at 01:00 tonight, put your clocks back

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/time-zone/europe/uk/time/british-summer-time/

Kodiak
25-Oct-08, 16:33
Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten. :roll:

NickInTheNorth
25-Oct-08, 17:01
Please remember BST ends at 01:00 tonight, put your clocks back

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/time-zone/europe/uk/time/british-summer-time/

Being a pedantic old twit I should just point out the it actually ends a 0100 GMT, therefore you should be putting the clocks back at 0200 BST, making them read 0100 at 0100 GMT :D

Hope that makes things clear :)

justine
25-Oct-08, 17:06
thanks for telling us.You just reminded me that i will have an extra hour of sleeplessnes to get through...lol.;)

northener
25-Oct-08, 17:15
Yeah, cheers for that Golach. You have just reminded me that I have to work an extra hour tonight. :~(
Super. Great. Smashing. Ooh, just look at the sleep you could have had.......

canuck
25-Oct-08, 20:44
This means that I am going to have to stay plastered one hour longer!!! If I don't get this cast off soon I am going to scream my way to a hardware store and buy a chain saw. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

wifie
25-Oct-08, 20:52
Yeah, cheers for that Golach. You have just reminded me that I have to work an extra hour tonight. :~(
Super. Great. Smashing. Ooh, just look at the sleep you could have had.......

Hope you get paid for it Mr Bowen! ;)

wifie
25-Oct-08, 20:53
This means that I am going to have to stay plastered one hour longer!!! If I don't get this cast off soon I am going to scream my way to a hardware store and buy a chain saw. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

Thus concludes the trailer for Saw V! [lol]

rockchick
25-Oct-08, 21:04

<passes Canuck a hacksaw>

canuck
25-Oct-08, 21:40
Oh thank you rockchick. You've come to my rescue. I have been begging the Edi orgers for weeks to find me a sharp implement. Is this one of Tristan's Canadian Tire hacksaws?

footie chick
25-Oct-08, 22:15
Please remember BST ends at 01:00 tonight,

Did we have a summer?? must have missed that :lol:

One hour longer in bed can someone programme the kids ;)

Kodiak
25-Oct-08, 22:42
Yes we did have a Summer, I remember it very well.

It was on a Tuesday Morning and it was the day I slept in till 9am and I missed it.

Julia
25-Oct-08, 23:00
I'd totally forgotten about the clocks going back too! :eek:

footie chick
25-Oct-08, 23:06
:lol:
Yes we did have a Summer, I remember it very well.

It was on a Tuesday Morning and it was the day I slept in till 9am and I missed it.

That must have been the one day in the summer holidays that the kids let me have a long lie :(

Hopefully it will be better next year ;)

highlander
26-Oct-08, 01:01
I changed to clocks at 11pm just to confuse hubby heheheh think i am now in the "dog house" lol

Welcomefamily
26-Oct-08, 11:09
Not much good when you read it this morning, wife worked last night and I thought she was late home.

jac1791
26-Oct-08, 11:12
I was on sleep over at work -- on floor working at 6am instead of 7 -- felt so stupid when it was pointed out to me

balto
26-Oct-08, 13:16
well even after reading this yesterday, i still forgot to put the clocks back, must apologies to my friend(she knows who she is) my youngest daughter was phoning her at 8 this morning looking for her son, poor bairn thought it was 9. might be cruel and leave the alarm clock the way it is, so that my oh gets up for work an hour earlier and goes and stands for the dounreay bus at 6.15 instead of 7.15, cruel i know but would love to see his face when he realised.[lol][lol]

northener
26-Oct-08, 14:50
When we lived in England Me and Mrs N walked 5 miles to our favourite pub at Sunday lunchtime, only to find it shut at 12:10 (they open at 12 in England).

Furious hammering on door resulted in Landlord in piggy jim-jams openening bedroom window and telling us in no uncertain terms it was 10 past 11.........