PDA

View Full Version : Knocked Off

bluebell
24-Oct-08, 18:50
I have wanadoo broadband but when I'm on line and use the phone or if someone phones and I answer it I get knocked off, anyone know how to sort this?
Thanks in advance
Bluebell

Bobinovich
24-Oct-08, 18:59
In my experience this is usually caused by the ADSL filter(s) either being faulty or incorrectly fitted. Can you describe how your system is setup with regards to BT master socket, extensions & the relative position of the filter(s)...

bluebell
24-Oct-08, 19:32
Hi bob pulled it all out and got knocked off again,right bare with me not very computer friendly main line;one cable comes off and goes to extension and the other one goes under carpet:eek:where too no idea,the filter is on the extension then it goes onto computer, off for duster like a snow storm here

blueivy
24-Oct-08, 21:49
Hi bob pulled it all out and got knocked off again,right bare with me not very computer friendly main line;one cable comes off and goes to extension and the other one goes under carpet:eek:where too no idea,the filter is on the extension then it goes onto computer, off for duster like a snow storm here

You effectively need one filter for each 'wire' plugged into the main socket (so if you have a little plug in extension into the socket, you will need a filter on that) and one filter for each device plugged into extensions that are hard wired into the main box (ie. if you have an extension that is wired into the back of the main socket, you will need to plug a filter into everything you have a phone / modem / fax etc. in)

bluebell
25-Oct-08, 00:20
Thanks bobinovich & blueivy for your help,computers and me are a no go, does anyone recommend someone that can come out and sort it out for me? I am also having problems with the computer running slow and sometimes freezing and pop-ups[evil]