PDA

View Full Version : Electric storm

Manxman
24-Oct-08, 11:22
My dearest ( she is looking over my shoulder) says there was an electrical storm last night. Haven't seen anything here so was she dreaming it?

mccaugm
24-Oct-08, 11:25
News to me...although it was hellish wild over this way. My garden furniture was beautifully rearranged.

silverfox57
24-Oct-08, 13:51
My dearest ( she is looking over my shoulder) says there was an electrical storm last night. Haven't seen anything here so was she dreaming it?
she was not dreaming it, from glengolly to west of reay, sky was going blue in dark,think it was sheet lighting,

Valerie Campbell
24-Oct-08, 14:48
I don't mind watching the storms as long as they're not close. Sometimes they're really spectacular. Once I saw one in a single cloud which was the weirdest one I've ever seen. For as long as I can remember I've hated thunder storms overhead though. Spooks me out!

Manxman
24-Oct-08, 15:26
Just hihacking the computer. I am so glad someone else saw the storm to. It was still going at six thirty this morning so I know I didn't imagine it.

hobbes1962
24-Oct-08, 16:48
Glad I wasn't going mad - I too saw (or at the time was convinced I saw) flashing in the sky about 5am this morning. At the time I just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me as I'd also been hearing ghosts all night too!

Kevin Milkins
24-Oct-08, 16:55
Thanks manxman, I thought I was going a bit daft as well.
I walked my dog up towards Wick airport after midnight last night and there was not a cloud to be seen.

When I had got away from the light pollution I stood for a while gazing at the stars and considerd the UFO thread on the org that I had read before coming out.

Just as I turned to start home the sky to the North lit up.:eek: I stood for a while to see if happened again but it did not.

I thought lightning was caused by clouds and as there were no clouds about it spooked me a bit and then I thought I may have imagined it.:confused

pat
24-Oct-08, 20:20
There has been quite a bit of lightning this evening in Western Isles - but unusally no thunder - just big flashes and a power cut.
Hope there are no more power cuts over next few days as it is going to be very very windy and cold over here.
Everything tied down or inside - hardest part is taking dogs for a walk (although they dont want to go out in it either)

Alice in Blunderland
24-Oct-08, 22:01
I just got back from Wick just now and the sky was lighting up on the way in and out. No thunder just lightening. I thought it was fireworks at first but no the whole sky lit up when I came back from Wick it fairly made me jump. I dont like driving in lightening. :roll: or rain or snow or wind or fog......in fact you could say Im a fairweather driver :lol:

Dorrie
25-Oct-08, 00:55
I had also seen lightning but my husband convinced me it would have been fireworks, but I knew I was right! lol

Lavenderblue2
25-Oct-08, 01:01
Hubby and I have just driven from Berriedale back to Thurso and the lightening was spectacular.

dereek
25-Oct-08, 21:09
i seen it late last night around half 11 ish.. and even before i went to ma bed at 4ish..

thought my eyes were playing up to..

thanks for keeping me sane people!!

Ricco
26-Oct-08, 09:22
I don't mind watching the storms as long as they're not close. Sometimes they're really spectacular. Once I saw one in a single cloud which was the weirdest one I've ever seen. For as long as I can remember I've hated thunder storms overhead though. Spooks me out!

Personally, I love electric storms. I'll get up and watch them for ages. Remember to shut your system down and turn off your router when one is about, though. Oh, and unplug the TV ariel.