PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced pics

brawboy1943
23-Oct-08, 20:07
I hope someone can direct me to 2 pics which I viewed recently, but foolishly didn't take sufficient note of. I'd dearly like to re-view them. They are as follows:-
1. A view of Macleay Terrace, Whitechapel and the bleaching green, taken from the Old Parish Church tower. B/w circa 1920.

2. A pic of a number of fish wives taken at Wick harbour. The accompanying text suggests that a lady on the extreme left is the contributor's grandmother. I, too, believe the subject to be my grandmother. B/w circa 1920.

Any info as to where I can locate these pics would be appreciated.

Anne x
23-Oct-08, 21:26
try the section on photography titled Old Wick Pics or old Thurso Pics if it was on this site you viewed them

Betty
24-Oct-08, 02:38
I hope someone can direct me to 2 pics which I viewed recently, but foolishly didn't take sufficient note of. I'd dearly like to re-view them. They are as follows:-
1. A view of Macleay Terrace, Whitechapel and the bleaching green, taken from the Old Parish Church tower. B/w circa 1920.

2. A pic of a number of fish wives taken at Wick harbour. The accompanying text suggests that a lady on the extreme left is the contributor's grandmother. I, too, believe the subject to be my grandmother. B/w circa 1920.

Any info as to where I can locate these pics would be appreciated.

As Anne x suggests, I think you will find them in the Old Wick Photos (top of the Photography thread). #1 Might be post #265, on page 14. #2 is post #87, on page 5.
Hope this helps.

brawboy1943
24-Oct-08, 10:13
Thanks for your help in tracing the pics. Much obliged.