PDA

View Full Version : Accident!!!!!

melted_wellie
17-Jan-06, 19:58
I had an accident this morning on Bridge St. Wick at 7am.
To give you an idea of the severity of this accident,empty the contents of a family size jar of crunchy peanut butter into your underpants and you will begin to get the idea.
Did anyone witness this?

I hope not.

Do you think if any "dog mess protesters" saw me scooping that lot out, would they have said anything to me?

rfr10
17-Jan-06, 20:08
People who own dogs need to be more responsible. I noticed, the other day, a man was walking his dog and when we were passing by in the car, he let his dog...poop right in the middle of the pavement and he never even picked it up- disgusting! Did he not notice that there was a big string of cars with people inside all seeing what he was doing.

mischief
18-Jan-06, 13:53
i agree with you there robin it is mingin'!! pople with dogs shouldbe responsable whilst walking there dogs i don't think they would like to stand in it!!![disgust]
anyway beJaye least you are concerned about peeps seeing it!:D

Julia
18-Jan-06, 15:18
To give you an idea of the severity of this accident,empty the contents of a family size jar of crunchy peanut butter into your underpants and you will begin to get the idea.
Did anyone witness this?

I'm confused, you mean you actually had a toileting incident?

krieve
18-Jan-06, 16:35
I am also confused is it you Bejaye that had an accident or your dog?????

Chillie
18-Jan-06, 17:01
People who own dogs need to be more responsible. I noticed, the other day, a man was walking his dog and when we were passing by in the car, he let his dog...poop right in the middle of the pavement and he never even picked it up- disgusting! Did he not notice that there was a big string of cars with people inside all seeing what he was doing.

So why did you not take a photo of him with your phone (if you have one) then report him.

katarina
18-Jan-06, 17:13
Do you think if any "dog mess protesters" saw me scooping that lot out, would they have said anything to me?

Depends where you scooped it, and where you deposited it, ainit? Surely not in the middle of Bridge street!!!!

paris
18-Jan-06, 17:24
Am also confused but i sensed it was you that pooped not a dog! am i right ??

rfr10
19-Jan-06, 22:37
So why did you not take a photo of him with your phone (if you have one) then report him.

Because, we were just passing in the car and I probably wouldn't have enough time to take my phone out of my pocked because I think the dog had just about finished doing its business lol.

~~Tides~~
19-Jan-06, 23:49
If the dog had just about finished doing its business when you past, then surely you didnt see if the cheil picked it up or no? Cos you were past by then.

Yeah, but anyway, it disgusting. Someone keeps letting their dog do it everymorning outside my 94 year old granny's gate. She has to step over it every day to get into the Laurandy minibus!!! Everysingle day!

rfr10
19-Jan-06, 23:50
............he had stopped just as we were passing and I didn't have enough time to get my phone out before we passed and I saw him walk away with his dog as we passed.

JAWS
19-Jan-06, 23:54
I've shown my dog the signs many times and he still refuses to take any notice. :roll:

connieb19
19-Jan-06, 23:54
If the dog had just about finished doing its business when you past, then surely you didnt see if the cheil picked it up or no? Cos you were past by then.

Yeah, but anyway, it disgusting. Someone keeps letting their dog do it everymorning outside my 94 year old granny's gate. She has to step over it every day to get into the Laurandy minibus!!! Everysingle day!I know how mad you must feel... someone keeps letting their dog do it outside my gate..[mad] and thats bad enough, but outside a 94 year olds is even worse..Have they no consideration at all :(

angela5
20-Jan-06, 00:04
Anyone been walking along Wellington Street Lately..ugg! just watch your feet it looks like the new dumping ground for doggy poo.

krieve
20-Jan-06, 00:07
Yes it is rank nearly sick the other day when walking down there but the council have cleaned it since.

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:43
It's all over the place lately dog onwers should get a grip and clean up after there dogs.

connieb19
22-Jan-06, 17:50
It's all over the place lately dog onwers should get a grip and clean up after there dogs.I took my dog a walk this morning and I had my poop scoop with me.. only to return home to find someone elses dog had done their business at my gate..I am fuming..[mad]

melted_wellie
22-Jan-06, 17:54
I took my dog a walk this morning and I had my poop scoop with me.. only to return home to find someone elses dog had done their business at my gate..I am fuming..[mad]hahaha,at least you had your scooper with you.

nicnak
22-Jan-06, 21:44
If you think that is bad you should take a walk up the road by the hill o many stanes at Clyth the amount of dog poo on the rise towards the stanes and by the stanes entrance is horrendous. Enough to turn even the strongest of stomachs. It really annoys me that people just dont clean up after their dogs, surely if they have them on a lead they cant help but notice when their dog does its business or is it that these people just have no concern for anyone else except themselves????

ice box
22-Jan-06, 21:57
i just think there trying to get the grass to grow up to the same height as the stanes

angela5
22-Jan-06, 21:59
Forest trail at the top of newton hill is fill of dog droppings.

ice box
22-Jan-06, 22:02
well why dont you do the good deed for the day and pick it up that way then i wont step in it lol

nicnak
22-Jan-06, 22:18
Isn't there a fine for anyone letting their dog/s foul in a public place maybe the new dog warden could help or perhaps we should try getting enviromental health to do something about these messes, after all what will tourists think when they come to caithness?

angela5
22-Jan-06, 22:21
I seen the dog warden she looks pretty nippy on her feet im sure she will do a better job than the last one.

Dog Warden
23-Jan-06, 12:57
I have recently been appointed as dog warden for Caithness within the Highland Council, and have been following this thread over the last few days. Pick up the phone and report the offenders, I will need your name and details as I cannot respond to anonoymous calls, but i would never divulge it to offenders. There is a fixed penalty for anybody failing to clean up after their dog but there is only one of me so it is very difficult to monitor everywhere, if your know of any problem areas let me know too, on 01955 607735.

much appreciated

Ta

Chillie
23-Jan-06, 13:09
I have recently been appointed as dog warden for Caithness within the Highland Council, and have been following this thread over the last few days. Pick up the phone and report the offenders, I will need your name and details as I cannot respond to anonoymous calls, but i would never divulge it to offenders. There is a fixed penalty for anybody failing to clean up after their dog but there is only one of me so it is very difficult to monitor everywhere, if your know of any problem areas let me know too, on 01955 607735.

much appreciated

Ta

Go to page 6 and read the thread Dog Mess:mad:

wilma
23-Jan-06, 20:55
Did anyone witness this?

I hope not.

Oh dearly me were you not potty trained as a kiddie :lol:

Lynz39
23-Jan-06, 21:35
SO SO SO Sick of dog poo.
Try scraping it out of the grooves in the wheels of a pram. When I was out walking the other day I must have gone through very wet dog crap. It splattered all over the base of my pram and all over the rain cover. Absolutely disgusting. The stuff is everywhere at the moment. I have never seen the streets so bad.

krieve
23-Jan-06, 21:49
SO SO SO Sick of dog poo.
Try scraping it out of the grooves in the wheels of a pram. When I was out walking the other day I must have gone through very wet dog crap. It splattered all over the base of my pram and all over the rain cover. Absolutely disgusting. The stuff is everywhere at the moment. I have never seen the streets so bad.
I have done that before it's not very nice.