PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Astrology?

crayola
17-Jan-06, 19:20
I hope the title says it all.

jjc
17-Jan-06, 21:11
I don’t believe in astrology, but I believe in the power of suggestion that astrology might have. Say you wake up in the morning and read in your horoscope that you are destined for a day of happiness, are you not going to leave your house expecting to be happy? Equally, if you read that you are going to find your work monotonous are you not going to concentrate on the dullest aspects of your day?

golach
17-Jan-06, 21:26
Total bumkum, for wee wifies to read while doing their knitting[lol]

connieb19
17-Jan-06, 21:44
Its not just about your Horoscopes and stuff though...
I had a friend who was interested in Astrology and some of the stuff she used to tell me was quite interesting.... I just wish I could remember what it was.. or if I believe it, but I would certainly listen..
A few years ago, I used to work with someone who wouldn't come to work if the moon was a certain way.
I think if you just go by listening to Russell Grant ect. it is a lot of rubbish but if someone knows a bit about it, then theres a lot that makes sense!!:grin:

Sporran
17-Jan-06, 22:11
It's been so long since I last read my horoscope, that I can't remember when it was! :lol:

angela5
17-Jan-06, 22:20
I don't even remember my star sign that's how interested i am:roll:

ice box
17-Jan-06, 22:28
its just a lot of rubbish i think .

cuddlepop
17-Jan-06, 22:43
We're experiencing a void moon,thats why the moon seems so close just now.The last time this occured was eighteen and a half. years ago.Astrologists believe that what we experienced then we will again.Its all about cycles and alingments.I do believe in this stuff but it doesnt rule my life.Some people view it as a form of religion.Me, I feel sure we've lost what living is suppose to be all about.It can be another form of self discovery.:)

teddybear1873
18-Jan-06, 17:56
i think its all a load of trollop like religion...filling peoples heads wi mince...but thats my opinion

krieve
18-Jan-06, 21:49
I think It's alot of rubbish.

Pink Lippy
18-Jan-06, 21:57
It's trouble n tripe,
Like a lesion to wipe,
Ye canna be serious,
Ye believers imperious,
Gimme a drink,
Engage brain, start tae think! :confused

weeboyagee
19-Jan-06, 15:55
.....are you asking me if I believe in the "stars"? Well,....of course I do - and all of them are posting in the great cosmos of caithness.org!

gleeber
20-Jan-06, 00:18
Im surprised this thread hasnt attracted much attention...yet.
Astrology is big business and although its probably top of the new age league tables for earning potential, its been around for a long time. Thousands of years to be exact.
That gives me my first clue about the beginnings of astrology.
Superstition would have been rife in those days and mans appetite for understanding the cosmos didnt have to contend with smart science orientated ideas like the earth going round the sun or the theory of special relativity or even planetry evolution.
Sure, these people were observors of the heavens. They knew more about the cosmos on one finger than I know now in all of my brain, but I suspect the movements of the planets would have been associated with whatever the particular duty astrologer or the Pharoah was feeling when they saw the moon eclipsing the sun or mars and venus winking at each other.
The heavens were Gods. Every star had a meaning and would have been alligned with a particular human emotion or event that occured at the exact moment of the planetary happening.
For me, astrology is probably closer to a science than it is to a religion, and much cleverer, but unfortunately thats not much of a reference for it being of any worth to some poor old dear who wants to know whats going to happen to her at 4.30pm on Thursday.

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 02:22
It's gratifying to see that almost 50% have voted for No, absolutely not! My faith in the sanity of the good people of Caithness has been restored. Maybe we should have a rerun of Rheghead's poll, "Do you believe in the Supernatural" (or whatever the question was) from last year. I was kinda shocked by the results of that one.

I'm surprised that relatively few people want more research. That's a popular refuge for the naive and the fence-sitter.

crayola
20-Jan-06, 02:37
.....are you asking me if I believe in the "stars"? Well,....of course I do - and all of them are posting in the great cosmos of caithness.org!Does that mean I can get a shot of your car? ;)

What star sign are you all? According to my birthday, I'm a Scorpio (http://www.kellystarsigns.com/). And I quote:

Scorpios make everyone go weak at the knees they are so utterly gorgeous. They have a brain sharper than a computer and no challenge is too difficult. They are very interesting, friendly and helpful. If you don't do something mean to a Scorpio they will be your friend for life. They have total control of everything and everyone. They are extremely jealous and will plan for weeks how to get their revenge. They make the best detectives, doctors and lawyers as nothing escapes their notice.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. :)

Pink Lippy
20-Jan-06, 03:05
My sign is Banana,
My religion's Manana,
I believe in the stars,
Cos I see them in bars.

I'll see them tomorrow,
Come rain, hail or sorrow,
Tis the end of the week,
And the hi-life I'll deek.

I'm fresh outta jail,
After G8 blackmail,
The fools stitched me up,
It's revenge - then we'll sup. :D

I'm peaceful really. :confused

weeboyagee
20-Jan-06, 10:55
See what I found when I looked up Crayola's link! This is supposed to be me!

Aries can get anything they want off the ground, but they may land back down again with a bump. Quick to think and act, Arians are often intelligent and have little patience with fools. This includes anyone who is slower than them.

They are not the tidiest of people and they are impatient with details, except when engaged upon their special subject; then Arians can fiddle around for hours. They are willing to make huge financial sacrifices for their families and they can put up with relatives living with them as long as this leaves them free to do their own thing.

Highly sexed and experimental, they are faithful while in love but, if love begins to fade, they start to look around. Arians may tell themselves that they are only looking for amusement, but they may end up in a fulfilling relationship with someone else's partner. This kind of situation offers the continuity and emotional support, which they need with no danger of boredom or entrapment.

Their faults are those of impatience and impetuosity, coupled with a hot temper. They can pick a furious row with a supposed adversary, tear him or her to pieces then walk away from the situation five minutes later, forgetting all about it. Unfortunately, the poor victim can't always shake offthe effects of the row in quite the same way. However, Arian cheerfulness, spontaneous generosity and kindness make them the greatest friends to have.

If you ask me golach, we should sue the lady who nicked that description for her website off the one that tells you what a great personality a jambo has :lol: !!!! WBG :cool:

Of course you can get a shot of the car crayola..............

golach
20-Jan-06, 11:27
See what I found when I looked up Crayola's link! This is supposed to be me!

Aries Their faults are those of impatience and impetuosity, coupled with a hot temper. They can pick a furious row with a supposed adversary, tear him or her to pieces then walk away from the situation five minutes later, forgetting all about it. Unfortunately, the poor victim can't always shake offthe effects of the row in quite the same way.
If you ask me golach, we should sue the lady who nicked that description for her website off the one that tells you what a great personality a jambo has :lol: !!!! WBG :cool:

Of course you can get a shot of the car crayola..............

How true WBG, the above personality is a perfect Jambo description :lol:

katarina
22-Jan-06, 14:12
Here's me.

"The Scales"

Short Summary
Librans are emotionally impulsive and just love being in love. In fact they can get quite depressed if they feel unwanted. (DO i?)
They're also known as 'Lazy Libran' because they don't like to make decisions. (i AM DEFINATELY NOT LAZY)
They're just happy to go with the flow. (IF THE FLOW IS GOING MY WAY, YES)
They're fantastically beautiful. (LOL ..DEFINATELY)
People will do anything for them. (I WISH...)
They're affectionate and sympathetic and intensely interested in people.(YES I AM)
They love entertaining and lots of good food, (HMM....ONLY OCCASIONALLY)
which means they're forever dieting. (NOT TRUE)
They're also the world's biggest spenders. (DEFINATELY NOT TRUE)

I won't bother with the long summery as i won't want to bore you, suffice to say it's about 50 percent accurate.

conclusion......no I am not a believer.

paris
22-Jan-06, 14:37
I'm a Leo and it sums me up to perfection.