PDA

View Full Version : George Calder & Catherine Dunnet

Anonymous
08-Aug-01, 22:23
Hello, Looking for information on Catherine Dunnet born about 1836. She married George Calder in June 1859 in Lyth, Bower. They had 8 Children, Donald, Alex, David, George, Elizabeth, Margaret, Catherine, & William. Margaret Calder was born 1873 and she married James M Sutherland in 1898 and died in 1935. They had a croft just up the road from "Maryanns croft", Dunnet. Would be glad to hear from anyone connected to these family`s. Also researching the Caithness names of Budge,Bain,Mckay,Nicolson,Swanson & Lyall or Leal.

Yours Caraid

Anonymous
08-Sep-01, 09:22
hello I might know someone who could help with the dunnet connection but dont want to give name over the board

Anonymous
08-Sep-01, 13:52
Sheila, email me direct at caraid68@aol.com with any info that may help. Thanks

Dogrump
07-Sep-03, 07:23
I have different ones that you but maybe they might match somewhere.

I have a George Dunnet m. Charolette Laird 19 Jun 1855 and they had 9 Childern.
And I have an Elizabeth Calder m. George McAdie 11 jul 1856 and they had 7 children. Elizabeth's Parents were William Calder and Helen Barneston(no dates). I hope you can help me

Thanks
Rachelle Clayton
Canada

caraid
07-Sep-03, 22:03
Hi Rachelle
Sorry but I havn't come across any of those names you mentioned in my search of this family. My George's father was Donald Calder who married Margaret Nicholson in 1811, and Catherine's parent were Alexander Dunnet, born 1799 at Thura, and Christine Mcleod born 1798 in Claredon.
My Dunnets seem to come from the Bower area
Yours
Caraid