PDA

View Full Version : BT Basic

Julia
22-Oct-08, 13:48
BT have introduced a new reduced rate line rental of £4.50 per month for those on benefits. it's only beneficial to those who don't use the phone much as any current phone option you are on will be lost, instead you gain a £4.50 call allowance and any calls over that are charged at 10ppm, good idea if you don't make many calls each month and trying to save money.

http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/phoneservices/services/btbasic/index.htm

Kodiak
23-Oct-08, 11:55
This is a great Idea but please note that if you have a Broadband connection you will NOT be able to sign up for this offer. This is due to the ability of making free Skype Telephone Calls via your Broadband.

I would love to sign up for this offer but BT tell me because I have Broadband I am Not allowed to do so and since I am not willing to give up my Broadband I will have to stay on the plan I am on.

Mark_W
25-Oct-08, 19:25
There's been some discussion about BT Basic and broadband - so just to set the record straight. BT Basic provides a line suitable for broadband, and customers are free to subscribe to either BT or other suppliers for the service. We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of being online - so are delighted to be able to offer the option of broadband to our customers who are in need of this highly-subsidised social scheme.

Mark Wilkin
BT Broadband Support Community Coordinator

Kodiak
25-Oct-08, 19:55
There's been some discussion about BT Basic and broadband - so just to set the record straight. BT Basic provides a line suitable for broadband, and customers are free to subscribe to either BT or other suppliers for the service. We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of being online - so are delighted to be able to offer the option of broadband to our customers who are in need of this highly-subsidised social scheme.

Mark Wilkin
BT Broadband Support Community Coordinator

If this is the case then I why does it state on the BT Web Site at :-

http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/phoneservices/services/btbasic/form.htm

Even if you receive one of the benefits we described earlier, you can't get BT Basic if you have any of the following:

A phone service provided by another company (either directly or not directly).
An Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) - this is a phone network system that digitally transmits voice, text and images.
A business, temporary or payphone line.
Any of the inclusive Calling Plans, "Friends & Family", "Mobile Saver" or "International Saver".
BT Pay&Call, a "pay as you go" service where you pay for your phone service as you use it.
A phone line that doesn't let you make calls (it only lets you receive them) or one that you only use for a burglar alarm (this does not apply to lifeline alarms or monitoring systems).
More than one phone line - whether these are at the same or different addresses.

Also when I phoned to make enquries and and asked if having Broadband would be a problem, I was advised that BT Basic was Not available to customers who had a Broadband connection and was pointed to :-

An Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) - this is a phone network system that digitally transmits voice, text and images.

This she said covered anyone who had a Broadband connection.

So if I call again can I quote you?