PDA

View Full Version : When do you put up your Christmas Decorations

Kodiak
21-Oct-08, 14:26
When do you Put up you Christmas Decorations?

I have for the past 30 odd years put up our Christmas decorations on the 6th of December. The reason for this is this is the Date of our Oldest Sons Birthday.

Even though he now lives in Edinburgh and has done for for 15 years now, we still put them up on his Birthday. At least we never forget his Birthday :Razz

wifie
21-Oct-08, 14:34
Nice idea! Ours go up the weekend before Christmas or during the week if it is a whole week away. Much as I love my decorations I cannot bear them bein up forever!

lynne duncan
21-Oct-08, 15:17
1st weekend in december, we love having them up for the month and then down after the 12th day after xmas, though don't like the empty room then

balto
21-Oct-08, 15:19
1st weekend in december, we love having them up for the month and then down after the 12th day after xmas, though don't like the empty room then
thats when we put them down, but i take them down a few days after new year as i cant stand the glutter in the sitting room, mind you not sure when they will be down this year as we are supposed to be moving on the 5th of january.

golach
21-Oct-08, 15:22
Never!!! If I could get away with it, hate the things, messy dust collecting rubbish. But sadly I will not get away scot free, her who must be obeyed or else will get her own way, as usual.:(
But each year I become a little more minimalistic, so eventually one day [lol]

over-the-ord
21-Oct-08, 15:29
normally put mines up the weekend before my sons birthday on the 16th but was still putting them up on Xmas eve last year! :roll:

Thumper
21-Oct-08, 15:52
Well right now I am trying to put up the halloween decorations,but my oldest is horrifed and says its to early :roll: as for christmas decs,they usually go up first weekend in December,thats just because the rest of December can be hectic so the sooner they are up the less hassle it is for me x

trix
21-Oct-08, 17:38
i put up ma decorations til celebrate 'e life o' 'e christ-man aboot 'e middle o' december, choost when 'e mood takes me an everyone else is thinkin aboot'ed...

as for ma samhain decos, any day now! ;)

Tilter
21-Oct-08, 22:55
Never!!! If I could get away with it, hate the things, messy dust collecting rubbish. But sadly I will not get away scot free, her who must be obeyed or else will get her own way, as usual.:(
But each year I become a little more minimalistic, so eventually one day [lol]

Me neither golach. Why do I do it? He who must be obeyed gets his own way as usual. He's a big baby over it. Don't know why - he's not even religious. I think Christmas decorations are a load of tripe. Bah humbug.

Julia
22-Oct-08, 00:28
The day after my son's birthday is the new tradition that was started last year, as he grows up I want him to know that his birthday is separate from Christmas, so from now on December 12th, they will no doubt be taken down again by Jan 3rd, I'm really fed up of them by then

brandy
22-Oct-08, 10:22
usually about the second week in december.depends on the tree really, i tend to leave it a few days later if its a real tree! which is what i want this year!!! frumble rumble if i can just get himself to buy a decent stand without frumbling over the price!

Sandra_B
22-Oct-08, 12:07
They go up the first week of December and come down before the new year.

Average
22-Oct-08, 16:33
i put up ma decorations til celebrate 'e life o' 'e christ-man aboot 'e middle o' december, choost when 'e mood takes me an everyone else is thinkin aboot'ed...

What? :confused

floyed
22-Oct-08, 16:35
As soon as i can i love Christmas, usually the first week of December:D

Tilter
22-Oct-08, 17:50

What sort of decorations do you put up for Samhain Trix?

Venture
22-Oct-08, 18:21
What? :confused

Here's an explanation for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/paganism/holydays/samhain.shtml

dessie
22-Oct-08, 19:21
Its actually quite obvious from the christmas carol the twelve days of christmas. Your supposed to put them up twelve days before xmas day signifying the 12 celebratory days leading up to xmas. Then down on the 6th of Jan 12 days after.....

Much more fun having them up early though!!

Sporran
22-Oct-08, 19:44
We usually put our tree and decorations up by the first week of December, and take them down by the first week of January.

Ricco
22-Oct-08, 19:49
When I am told to! LOL :lol:

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 19:54
Mrs.T can't wait much beyond three weeks away from the 25th. despite my protestations. Every year I'd rather not get a tree, every year I'm proved wrong and enjoy the sight of one. Now we have a Grandchild Christmas is once again a time to spread cheer and goodwill to all men and women.

p.s. count this as yer card & Xmas message, 'cos I'll no be bothered sending one nearer the time

brokencross
22-Oct-08, 20:01
We usually put our tree and decorations up by the first week of December, and take them down by the first week of January.
Same in our household. My wife does it, OR should I say my wife won't let me do it...something to do with her artistic eye and better taste I think. (Oh I get to make sure the lights are working)

teenybash
22-Oct-08, 21:30
Usually mine are up sometime in Christmas week.................but I have two little sparkly Christmas teddies that sit by the fire all year round.....:)

floyed
23-Oct-08, 08:49
Mrs.T can't wait much beyond three weeks away from the 25th. despite my protestations. Every year I'd rather not get a tree, every year I'm proved wrong and enjoy the sight of one. Now we have a Grandchild Christmas is once again a time to spread cheer and goodwill to all men and women.

p.s. count this as yer card & Xmas message, 'cos I'll no be bothered sending one nearer the time

Good cause we don't want one:p