PDA

View Full Version : Marriage - 2nd time around

squidge
17-Jan-06, 14:20
This christmas i have three friends who have become engaged to their partners. One lives with her partner already but the other two dont. Interestingly all of the individuals concerned have been married before and its sooooooooooooo lovely to see them all happy and hopeful.

I had a quick look to see what the popularity of marriage second time around was -whether its rising or falling but struggled to find anything interesting. HAs anyone else spotted an increase in second time marriages or am i just hopeful?:o

jjc
17-Jan-06, 14:28
Hey Squidge, seems like you are giong to have a busy time of it then. You should treat yourself to a new wedding-outfit :D

I don't know if this (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBASE/xsdataset.asp?More=Y&vlnk=5274&All=Y&B2.x=75&B2.y=15) is quite what you were after, but it shows the previous marital-status of the bride and bridegroom for all weddings (in England and Wales) between 1845 and 2002.

paris
17-Jan-06, 14:29
30 years ago i met my hubby who had been married before. We married 1 yr after we met and most of our friends at the time were also getting wed. Thing is most of our friends who married when we did are no longer together ..... but are all remarried AND happy. Squidge, there is always someone to love and who will love you back no matter how many times you've been married before. The world work's in mysterious ways !!!

squidge
17-Jan-06, 14:34
Hey Squidge, seems like you are giong to have a busy time of it then. You should treat yourself to a new wedding-outfit :D

I don't know if this (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBASE/xsdataset.asp?More=Y&vlnk=5274&All=Y&B2.x=75&B2.y=15) is quite what you were after, but it shows the previous marital-status of the bride and bridegroom for all weddings (in England and Wales) between 1845 and 2002.

Aye well jjc - i have to get on that diet first!!!!!

Yes its interesting to see people are still hopeful even after divorce - thanks for that.

Squidge, there is always someone to love and who will love you back

I know that as well Paris - it shure is mysterious but as someone who swore never ever ever to do it again im delighted and thrilled to see the enthusiasm of my friends - maybe im thawing out a little lol

weeboyagee
17-Jan-06, 14:47
Methinks there is more to this thread than meets the eye, eh squidge? :D

For some of us there has to be a first time though!....then the divorce,.... before we catch up! :)

WBG :cool:

squidge
17-Jan-06, 14:57

I wish lol

Nope just dont remember such a group of wedding announcements in such a short time - not even when i was in my twenties and i was interested WBG HONEST!!!!!

Alice in Blunderland
17-Jan-06, 15:35

For some of us there has to be a first time though!....then the divorce,.... before we catch up! :)

WBG :cool:
Weeboyagee do you not think you should get your finger out you dont realise what your missing....lol.....or maybe you do...

DrSzin
17-Jan-06, 16:22
Weeboyagee do you not think you should get your finger out you dont realise what your missing....lol.....or maybe you do...Was that a proposal Alice? ;)

I think I may have an inkling why that question is so ridiculous, but I could well be barking up the wrong aisle.

DrSzin
17-Jan-06, 16:23
Methinks there is more to this thread than meets the eye, eh squidge? :DD'ya think she's dropping hints WBG?

squidge
17-Jan-06, 16:27
i cant deny it - im madly passionately torn between WBG and the bad dr,

Be still my beating heart!!!!:eyes

im desperately waiting for a leap year to get down on one knee!

DrSzin
17-Jan-06, 16:35
That's an offer you can't refuse. Go for it WBG!

And you might even make Alice happy too.

connieb19
17-Jan-06, 19:46
Someone once said to me that the firt time is just a practice and the second time is perfect...:)
I couldn't tell you though... I'm still waiting for fist time too!! :eyes

PS. Pm me with any offers...lol :evil

melted_wellie
17-Jan-06, 19:49
Someone once said to me that the firt time is just a practice and the second time is perfect...:)
I couldn't tell you though... I'm still waiting for fist time too!! :eyes

PS. Pm me with any offers...lol :evilis it a box? is it a cube? oh its ok folks,its just a square!!!!

paris
17-Jan-06, 19:56
Can i be bridesmaid, never been one .

crayola
17-Jan-06, 20:01
I couldn't tell you though... I'm still waiting for fist time too!! :eyes Fist time? Are you spoiling for a fight before you've even met him?

golach
17-Jan-06, 21:17
i cant deny it - im madly passionately torn between WBG and the bad dr,

Be still my beating heart!!!!:eyes

im desperately waiting for a leap year to get down on one knee!

Squidge behave!!!! you know your spoken for [disgust]

Alice in Blunderland
17-Jan-06, 21:37
Was that a proposal Alice? ;)

I think I may have an inkling why that question is so ridiculous, but I could well be barking up the wrong aisle.
Oh Dr Szin I think not woof woof you are way up the wrong aisle.I think squidge can try and make an honest man of weeboyagee if she is brave enough......

ice box
17-Jan-06, 23:07
I wonder if there's is going to be wedding bell on here or iam i barking up the wrong tree .

connieb19
18-Jan-06, 00:16
A male friend of mines always says "if there's so many beautiful brides, how come there's so many ugly wives?"......lol :confused:

squidge
18-Jan-06, 00:23
I wonder if there's is going to be wedding bell on here or iam i barking up the wrong tree .

You are barking - i was simply interested thats all. And Alice sweetie i think WBG can find his own bride if he wants one from what i hear he ALWAYS has a queue!!!![smirk]

Moira
18-Jan-06, 00:58
Interesting topic - got me thinking. 6 out of 10 of my immediate work colleagues are divorced. 4 are in happy second marriages - the other 2 are happy to be single at the moment - but ever-hopeful & still looking. I have to say that all are over 40. Maybe it's the maturity of years which helps or maybe both parties work harder at a second marriage - don't know for sure - I'm still with the original hubby - lol. But it's nice to see that romance is still alive & well with my colleagues - I am truly envious of the hearts & flowers bit :)

squidge
18-Jan-06, 12:47
Squidge behave!!!! you know your spoken for [disgust]

golach honey

i didnt know you felt that way

mmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

weeboyagee
18-Jan-06, 17:29
DrSzin - squidge is just wanting to get into my................

weeboyagee
18-Jan-06, 17:29
.....................car! :lol:

_Ju_
18-Jan-06, 19:27
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Jan-06, 19:36
I am sure squidge has been told ...never get into cars with strange men....lol

Malcolmdog
18-Jan-06, 22:44
You are barking - i was simply interested thats all. And Alice sweetie i think WBG can find his own bride if he wants one from what i hear he ALWAYS has a queue!!!![smirk]

A queue!!

WBG told me that he could only stay in Canada for a week because of "work committments" hmmmm. Come to think of it, he was not intimidated by the 40 min wait in queue at the CN Tower - must have been fond memories for him!

Anyways heres hoping that the queue isn't TOOO long in the spring when I visit - I do only have a week!!

Malcolmdog.

squidge
18-Jan-06, 23:40
im sure he wont make you join the end of it - if you have come all the way from canada he should surely put you to the front!!!!