PDA

View Full Version : Have you BIN had?

brokencross
21-Oct-08, 08:31
From the newspapers so it must be true:-
Today's edition of Warden Hodges' Britain comes from Liverpool, where war has been declared on the illegal disposal of industrial waste. Every firm in the city is getting a visit from enforcement officers working for a public-private agency set up by the council.
Last week it was the turn of Frank Hughes, who runs a small scaffolding hire company. The inspector asked him how he disposes of his waste.
Frank said he doesn't. He explained that scaffolding is a relatively simple business which doesn't generate waste.
But you must eat lunch, the inspector retaliated. I bring sandwiches, Frank told him. And before you ask, I take the wrapping home with me.
In which case, you're breaking the law, the jobsworth informed him. Sandwich wrappings are classified as industrial waste within the meaning of the Act. You need a licence to dispose of them.
And since you don't have one, you are committing a criminal offence. Frank would be hearing from the litigation department in connection with this heinous crime and could expect a minimum fine of £300.

AND

'Enviro-crime' is the new 'hate crime'. All must be punished, all the time.
Many councils have already hired teams of environmental crime enforcers. In Salford, they have started patrolling the streets looking for any emptied dustbins still on the pavement at 11am.
Offenders are issued with fixed-penalty fines.

This is particularly distressing for pensioners and for mothers with young children who return from shopping trips to discover they have been nicked.
How are people out at work expected to bring in their bins before 11am? Has that occurred to the morons at the Town Hall?

You gotta pay for the bank bail out somehow I suppose!!

Fly
21-Oct-08, 23:51
I'm speechless
You can't really be serious, can you?[disgust]

Kodiak
22-Oct-08, 12:33
MMMM Very suspicious, sounds like someone was trying it on. Sandwich Wrapper industrial Waste, I do not think so.

What would he have said if his sandwich was kept in a Tupperware Container which he took home to wash out and reuse. Would this be industrial Waste and would he have to destroy it. I do not think so. A wind up me thinks!!