PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows of Yesteryear

Tymey
17-Jan-06, 13:36
Maybe this thread has been done before, but I'm new so humour me.

What TV's progs were "must watch" for you? Progs from when you were wee right thru the teenage years and beyond.

Here's a few I loved and was terrified by: The Moomins (scary). Button Moon (loved), Doctor Who (scary and loved). There are more but that will get us going.

Saveman
17-Jan-06, 14:03
Worzel Gummidge - that was a freaky program

The Adventure Game - the final game was tense

Battle of the Planets - unmissable

Lots more where that come from... :)

paris
17-Jan-06, 14:34
crackerjack, noel Edmund's house party, bill and Ben, fraggles rock , crossroads, and Saturday afternoon wrestling, had to watch that as it was a sat ritual in our house.

Julia
17-Jan-06, 14:42
Not a tv show I know but my sister and I used to go to the Pavillion cinema here in Wick every Saturday morning to see Flash Gordon, I think it cost 10p...

thrumsterloon
17-Jan-06, 17:58
Tiswas was my fave never missed it.

landmarker
17-Jan-06, 18:08
The 'terrible ten' - about a gang of aussie kids c. 1962.
Super Car - same era.

Later.. 'Gideons Way' No Hiding Place' 'Top of the Pops' 'The Sweeney' 'Manhunt' 'Dad's Army' 'Monty Python'

even later...Auf Widersehen Pet !

now.....er.....nothing stands out.Early Doors. The Office maybe ..... I have a growing dvd/video collection lol.
Documentaries and serious stuff for me these days. 'Life on Mars' might be okay.

flyfifer
17-Jan-06, 18:24
When I was very small (!!) I loved watching "White Horses". Think it was dubbed into English from French, and had a lovely tune!! Reminds me of summer holidays. Loved Tales of the Riverbank too. Never missed an episode of Dallas. My very fave though, was Butterflies with Wendy Craig - just loved the intrigue and the wonderful cooking!!!! Thrumsterloon - hubby loved Tiswas too, specially Algernon Razmataz, hee hee!!!! Great thread - lovely memories!!!

spiggie
17-Jan-06, 19:26
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=4944&highlight=cartoons
check here

elaine
17-Jan-06, 19:43
The Flumps and Lets Pretend

lab
17-Jan-06, 20:22
I loved pipkins, when i was little. My dad used to make me record Tickle on the Tum because the man in it was a good guitar player.

watman
18-Jan-06, 18:09
Supergran was excellent, loved it also Fragile rock, Grotbags and emu, T-bag, Bannana man, Superted.
Loved staying up late on a Sunday night to watch Prisoner Cell Block H. It was brilliant. Anybody else out there admit to watching it? Remember characters like Queen Bea the top dog on the steam press. Lizzie and her 'grog'. Joan 'the freak' ferguson. It was re-run couple of years ago on c5 but never seen it since.

Geo
01-Feb-06, 11:43
Too many to list really.

Bagpuss
Mr Ben
Battle of the Planets
StarTrek TOS
Dr Who
The Tomorrow People
The Flashing Blade
The Clangers
The Pink Panther
Prisoner Cell Block H "He used to bring me roses, I wish he could again....."
Falcon Crest
Fraggle Rock
Anything by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson (Thunderbirds etc)

and loads more. I think I watched way too much TV.

grantyg
01-Feb-06, 17:00
http://www.sausagenet.com/

http://tv.cream.org/

Oh no I appear to have an encyclopedic like knowledge of waste of time websites!

Sorry for dstracting you all again:confused

rich62_uk
01-Feb-06, 17:33
The A Team, Grange Hill, Bag Puss, Dallas, Top of the Pops, Take Heart, Starsky and Hutch lots more just having trouble remembering the names ....Trish.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 18:07
Dr Who. Sapphire and Steel. Sat afternoon wrestling too....My Gran wouldn't miss it...and she used to get soooo mad at Mick McManus and Jackie Pallo!! Does anyone remember a series called "My Mother the Car' or something like that. It was either his mother or her mother who had died and taken over the car...so funny:lol: . Hogan's Heroes! House Party! Top of the Pops with Tony Blackburn and Jimmy Saville.........gosh! where to stop!!?

Alice in Blunderland
01-Feb-06, 20:07
The A Team, Grange Hill, Bag Puss, Dallas, Top of the Pops, Take Heart, Starsky and Hutch lots more just having trouble remembering the names ....Trish.
Oh dear I still remember where I was the night JR got shot in Dalllas.I used to love Swapshop on a Saturday morning.

AR
01-Feb-06, 21:12
Ahh, the nostalga of it all! The professionals, the sweeny, the persuaders, faulty towers,Dempsy and Makepiece, Only Fools and Horses, The Saint(and The Return of the Saint).....what crap i used to watch... Only Fools and Faulty Towers aint crap though!

solastar
01-Feb-06, 21:37
has anyone tried the website tv cream themes?you can listen to most of the old tv tunes and a few old tv clips,very entertaining.....

krieve
01-Feb-06, 21:38
Worzel Gummidge, Gummie bears, fraggle rock, Raggy dolls, grange hill .

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 21:40
Mr Ben and Jamie and his magic torch....:grin:

rich62_uk
01-Feb-06, 21:54
Jim L Fix it ! I wrote to him asking to meet The Bay City Rollers it must of got lost in the post as he never replied lol .......maybe that was for the best, I remember the swap shop and Cheggars Plays Pop ( think that was the name ) oh and the Clangers who lived on the moon and my very fav was Blakes Seven .....Trish.

rich62_uk
01-Feb-06, 21:57
Oh dear I still remember where I was the night JR got shot in Dalllas.I used to love Swapshop on a Saturday morning.

Own up who had an WHO SHOT J.R t-shirt....Trish.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 22:25
Jim L Fix it ! I wrote to him asking to meet The Bay City Rollers it must of got lost in the post as he never replied lol .......maybe that was for the best, I remember the swap shop and Cheggars Plays Pop ( think that was the name ) oh and the Clangers who lived on the moon and my very fav was Blakes Seven .....Trish.

Jim'll fix it was so good...............I am a bit of a softie and I cry at silly things like that. Same with that Cilla Black thing..........something about Hearts or something. Quite liked Blind Date at the beginning but thought that it got a bit 'staged' later!.....and What about Saturday Night at the London Palladium!!!!?:lol:

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 22:26
Own up who had an WHO SHOT J.R t-shirt....Trish.

Hope that somebody answers this soon as I am having a senior moment and can't remember what happened!! Help:confused: :D

landmarker
01-Feb-06, 22:34
Jim'll fix it was so good...............I am a bit of a softie and I cry at silly things like that. Same with that Cilla Black thing..........something about Hearts or something. Quite liked Blind Date at the beginning but thought that it got a bit 'staged' later!.....and What about Saturday Night at the London Palladium!!!!?:lol:

Senior moment agin or wot lol...
It was Sunday Night at the Palladium! dont you remember that gut wrenching 'school in the morning' feeling whilst watching Forsyth, Vaughan (swinging/dodgy) and Tarbuck? I do.

Cilla Black show was 'Surprise,Surprise'? I think - dunno.
Remember seeing her on the Palladium show though.(dont know why)
Blind Date - bobbins towards the end. Like the final five years!

landmarker
01-Feb-06, 22:36
Hope that somebody answers this soon as I am having a senior moment and can't remember what happened!! Help:confused: :D

Was it Digger Barnes ? In the shower with the pistol, or the lead pipe?
Oh no - it wor Bing Crosby's lass, and I think it was all a dream.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 22:39
Senior moment agin or wot lol...
It was Sunday Night at the Palladium! dont you remember that gut wrenching 'school in the morning' feeling whilst watching Forsyth, Vaughan (swinging/dodgy) and Tarbuck? I do.

Cilla Black show was 'Surprise,Surprise'? I think - dunno.
Remember seeing her on the Palladium show though.(dont know why)
Blind Date - bobbins towards the end. Like the final five years!

Thought that Saturday night didn't sound quite right:lol: :lol:

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 22:42

Ok Trish.........have we confused you totally yet!!:lol: I'm off back to my paperwork. It was supposed to be all done yesterday for circulation today so good job there was a snow storm last night. I really need to get away from this screen!!! I may pop back and forth now and again...just to make sure I am not missing anything important you understand!:D ;)

rich62_uk
01-Feb-06, 22:44
I thought it was Lucy with her assets, or was it Bobbie after his 35th attempt of making a go of his marriage to .........nope its gone.....Trish.:lol:

rich62_uk
01-Feb-06, 22:47
Ok Trish.........have we confused you totally yet!!:lol: I'm off back to my paperwork. It was supposed to be all done yesterday for circulation today so good job there was a snow storm last night. I really need to get away from this screen!!! I may pop back and forth now and again...just to make sure I am not missing anything important you understand!:D ;)
Take pity on me I was only eight.......Trish.:p

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 22:59
Take pity on me I was only eight.......Trish.:p

A mere babe in arms but.....sorry! Still can't remember!!:lol: Now I am off to do some work!!!

The Enigma
02-Feb-06, 00:35
Does anyone remember a kids show called Tottie about these dolls that lived in a dolls house? It was done by the same people as Bagpuss, but dont think it proved to be too popular, possibly because it was the first kids show to have a death in it (I remember that well, it was my favourite character they killed off and I was soooo upset!) Anyway, I think I've only ever met one other person that remembers this programme... anyone here remember it?