PDA

View Full Version : Metallica UK Tour :)

Gizmo
20-Oct-08, 18:56
March 26th 2009, SECC Glasgow, tickets on sale friday 9am...woo hoo :)

Jeid
20-Oct-08, 20:13
4 days before my birthday! NICE!

loganbiffy
20-Oct-08, 20:58
Day after my Birthday, I will be there! :)

Rheghead
20-Oct-08, 22:44
They are excellent in concert, I saw them at NEC in '96.:)

Metalattakk
21-Oct-08, 10:41
Well, they used to be excellent in concert. No idea what they are like now, I have to admit. I seriously don't think I could sit/stand through a two-hour concert of theirs unless they only played their decent stuff and none of the commercial pap they've released since the 'black' album.

First saw them in 1990 at the SECC and they gradually declined each time I saw them after that. Last time I went was when they headlined Milton Keynes Bowl with Megadeth, The Almighty and Diamond Head in '94.

They had become too egotistical and insisted on rounding off each song with a three-minute crescendo. Well done guys. :roll:

Gizmo
21-Oct-08, 13:48
First saw them in 1988 at the Playhouse in Edinburgerland, my very first gig, and still one of the best i have attended, have not seen them since 1996 in the Barrowlands, and boy that was one hell of a gig, i'm not overly fond of SECC gigs, i'm a short arse and can never bloody see over all the tall people :lol: but i'll be going to this gig for sure, should have my tickets secured by tomorrow morning :)

rangers1873
21-Oct-08, 22:03
got 3 tickets today for me and my 2 boys through the metclub pre-sale,

zappster
21-Oct-08, 22:21
First saw them in 1988 at the Playhouse in Edinburgerland, my very first gig, and still one of the best i have attended, have not seen them since 1996 in the Barrowlands, and boy that was one hell of a gig, i'm not overly fond of SECC gigs, i'm a short arse and can never bloody see over all the tall people :lol: but i'll be going to this gig for sure, should have my tickets secured by tomorrow morning :)
what a coincidence I was at both of them well ...never spotted ye there!! My shirt fae '88 still fits me does yours?teehee...
But gonna miss the march gig!!
:(

Julia
22-Oct-08, 00:40
I never really listen to Radio 1 but for some reason bunged it on tonight in the kitchen and just in time too as heard My Apocalypse! First tour for 13 years apparently.

I've been lucky enough to see them three times, Wembley 1991, Milton Keynes 1996 and Download 2004.

Can't make up my mind whether or not to go for it in March :confused

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Oct-08, 01:48
Well, they used to be excellent in concert. No idea what they are like now, I have to admit. I seriously don't think I could sit/stand through a two-hour concert of theirs unless they only played their decent stuff and none of the commercial pap they've released since the 'black' album.

First saw them in 1990 at the SECC and they gradually declined each time I saw them after that. Last time I went was when they headlined Milton Keynes Bowl with Megadeth, The Almighty and Diamond Head in '94.

They had become too egotistical and insisted on rounding off each song with a three-minute crescendo. Well done guys. :roll:

Fair play. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jeid
22-Oct-08, 07:05
Saw them in Wembley last year and they were SUPERB. Basically played a greatest hits gig. I don't recall a single song past 1990. Nothing from Load or Reload or St. Anger.

I like the new album, so if they mix this up with the older stuff, it'll be an amazing night.

Hopefully I'll be there

BazzaG
22-Oct-08, 09:36
First time i saw them was at Monsters Of Rock Donington Park 91, It was my first concert seein them live and have seen them afew times since, Will certainly be bookin my tickets

Gizmo
22-Oct-08, 17:24
Sweet!!...got my tickets secured this afternoon :D

rangers1873
23-Oct-08, 11:06
gizmo
you staying overnight lad, got a room in the kelvingrove hotel. its only a ten minute walk from secc. room for me and the 2 boys is £90 ensuite and cooked breakfast here is the link

http://www.kelvingrove-hotel.co.uk

Jeid
23-Oct-08, 13:33
Got tickets today :)

Gizmo
23-Oct-08, 16:37
gizmo
you staying overnight lad, got a room in the kelvingrove hotel. its only a ten minute walk from secc. room for me and the 2 boys is £90 ensuite and cooked breakfast here is the link

http://www.kelvingrove-hotel.co.uk

Cheers mate, will check it out.

BazzaG
23-Oct-08, 17:23
lol never thought about staying anywhere, will see emorra to see if i get tickets then worry about stayin somewhere

BazzaG
24-Oct-08, 09:32
Just my luck, Sold out, Nae tickets for me :-((

Gizmo
24-Oct-08, 10:19
Yeah a mate just talked to the SECC and it's sold out

Gizmo
24-Oct-08, 14:44
So was anyone lucky enough to secure tickets from this mornings online shambles?, so much for tickets going on sale at 9am, i don't even think Ticketmaster had any tickets left for the Glasgow date to put on sale this morning, they seem to have all been sold through the last few days pre-sale to Metclub members etc, and also there seem to have been plenty of other ticket agencys selling tickets prior to the official 9am start, there are a few posts on the official Metallica forum from people saying that they managed to get tickets last night, the way tickets are sold these days is just a bloody joke, and ebay is already flooded with tickets for the Glasgow dates.
I managed to secure 2 tickets through the friend of a friend who joined the Metclub, and i only had to pay £5 over the face value plus fees, so i was lucky, i just feel gutted for all the other true fans like myself that were unable to get tickets, i think it's now time for a mass rebellion against Ticketshafter.

Jeid
24-Oct-08, 16:08
We got ours on Thursday via Ticketmaster. Since we went to Wembley last year to see them, we got first choice on the tickets again.

BazzaG
24-Oct-08, 16:20
well i must o been one o the 1000's that logged onto ticketmaster at 09.00am and no luck then so no happy lol

moncur
24-Oct-08, 16:33
like BazzaG i was online for 9am kick off only to be told 'nae chance'. I even tried for the O2 arena gigs only to be told the same. Well and truly gutted and also suspect that the entire gig had been snapped up by people who had presale offers etc.

Jeid
24-Oct-08, 18:59
like BazzaG i was online for 9am kick off only to be told 'nae chance'. I even tried for the O2 arena gigs only to be told the same. Well and truly gutted and also suspect that the entire gig had been snapped up by people who had presale offers etc.

Haha... nae luck bawbag!

loganbiffy
24-Oct-08, 19:57
My mate got 4 for Newcastle, seemed to be the best to get tickets for.

Gizmo
24-Oct-08, 20:25
Yeah i could have had 4 tickets for newcastle from Ticketshafter, it was the only date i could get through to, probably could have made a few pound out of it if i had pond scum tout qualities about me, come to think about it, i should have actually bought them and passed them on to genuine fans for what they cost me.

Julia
25-Oct-08, 20:20
Cheapest tickets for Glasgow on ebay are £74 each, or a few are selling for £300 a pair!

Everywhere is sold out too make a fast buck :confused

Gizmo
25-Oct-08, 23:57
Everywhere is sold out too make a fast buck :confused

A fast buck?, is that one that can break into your house and clean you out in 5 mins? :lol:

Jeid
26-Oct-08, 09:43
A fast buck?, is that one that can break into your house and clean you out in 5 mins? :lol:

Haha... SUPERB!