PDA

View Full Version : Energy Saving

thursachick
20-Oct-08, 15:57
;)Wondering if anyone out there has tried using price comparison website or any other energy saving tips you often see advertised? Would like to know how cheap they were and of course how effective!!!:lol:

justine
20-Oct-08, 16:05
or you could try them out yourself and find out.;)

toy boy
20-Oct-08, 16:12
hi thursa chick

i found that E-on were the giving the best deal.and scottish power were in mid table. and edf were in second place. how ever i wonder if it does pay to change as i fear once you change companies the price will go up.

nanook
20-Oct-08, 16:14
To Save energy and Money switch all lights off when you leave the room ,:roll:

breadalbane kid
20-Oct-08, 16:14
Have always stuck with same energy companies, so can't recommend anything along these lines.

joxville
20-Oct-08, 17:02
Four new members~welcome all. As for the original post-I've never tried comparison sites for energy supplies.

stewart4364
20-Oct-08, 17:37
Try Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus). I have been with them now for 3 years approximately and I have found them the cheapest. Worth a try. If you want to know any information no matter how obscure or complicated try Google or Yahoo -- they have a mine of information.

Rheghead
20-Oct-08, 17:37
To Save energy and Money switch all lights off when you leave the room ,:roll:

Good advice, even if you aren't paying the bill. It annoys me at work when folks don't turn off stuff after themselves.

It also annoyed me when I suggested a few energy saving measures that because the place uses a lot of energy, (multiples of MW) a few lights weren't worth bothering about, even if they were the 2kw type.:eek:

I give up sometimes...:roll:

badger
20-Oct-08, 20:31
Since the subject of Christmas lights has already come up, wouldn't it be good if both public and domestic lighting displays were kept to a minimum. There's really no need for all those horrible flashing reindeer etc. on houses - a simple lit tree in a window would look so much nicer, especially on a clear starry night. Maybe the cost of electricity will force people into conserving it for once. Same goes for street lighting - let's have it but not until mid-December. Sometimes less really is more.

Julia
20-Oct-08, 22:12
Does anybody have an Owl, a wireless electricity monitor?

'' provides up to the second information on the amount of electricity you are using in terms of both power and cost. This means you can see in real time the benefits of turning off electrical devices at home. Whether it’s turning off at the plug rather than just using standby, or simply turning off a light, OWL shows you the cash impact of changing your habits and behaviours which could amount to savings of hundreds of pounds per year. ''

I quite fancy one but would like to know if any other orgers have tried one.

pat
21-Oct-08, 09:17
Julia

have not heard of this thing - where did you find out about it - like the idea, must try to find out more.

Rheghead
21-Oct-08, 09:22
I have had Owl since January and it has enabled me to take charge of my lecky bills. I fully recommend one as I have reduced my electricity useage by nearly a half.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Owl-Electrisave-Mk2-Wireless-Electricity/dp/B000LQ79Q6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224577425&sr=8-1

BazzaG
21-Oct-08, 09:59
Try Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus). I have been with them now for 3 years approximately and I have found them the cheapest. Worth a try. If you want to know any information no matter how obscure or complicated try Google or Yahoo -- they have a mine of information.

Same here mate, I have been using Telecom Plus for the past few years and have always found them one of the cheapest companies on the go