PDA

View Full Version : Sports programme

Poor cat
20-Oct-08, 15:26
Hi,

My son went to the football and Multi sports being held in the Wick games hall this morning from 10am to 12am. He fair enjoyed it but it was disappointing the low turnout, only about 8 kids.

It seems strange that more primary school kids don't make use of this or has Wick all of a sudden got plenty of exciting things happening?

The programme is free and you don't need to register. Not sure of the exact primary school ages it is for but I think it is P4's to P7's. Football the first hour and Multi sports the second hour and I think you can do either or both.

A ggod way to pass the morning during the holidays.

Moonboots
21-Oct-08, 12:32
I never even heard about it. Mind u its maybe because im from Thurso but my family lives in Wick tho.

balto
21-Oct-08, 20:20
we could do with something like that here in thruso, my daughter would love it.

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 20:15
Todays 'English' Mail carried a paragraph saying Moray Council are appointing a 'Street Football Co-Ordinator' at a starting salary of £19,887.

Nice work if you can get it. At first this looks like 'council excess' but if the successful applicant is good, gets the local youth organised and involved in channelling their energies towards footi then it might be momey well spent.

I hope your project picks up and as the grapevine spreads the news more youngsters attend. I'd have given a lot for organised coaching when I was kid.