PDA

View Full Version : Parking at church's!

floyed
19-Oct-08, 15:01
Does anyone else on the org think that people who go to church on Sundays think they can park wherever they like.

I mean the church up beside Somerfield's is rediculous, there is a massive car park at the back of the church and they choose to clutter the road in front of the church. Its just pure laziness![evil]

Rant over!

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 15:04
Does anyone else on the org think that people who go to church on Sundays think they can park wherever they like.

I mean the church up beside Somerfield's is rediculous, there is a massive car park at the back of the church and they choose to clutter the road in front of the church. Its just pure laziness![evil]

Rant over!

Agree with you there its only a matter of time before theirs an accident there as all those lovely old wifies get into their cars and take off without looking! (Maybe they have god on their side;))

floyed
19-Oct-08, 15:07
Agree with you there its only a matter of time before theirs an accident there as all those lovely old wifies get into their cars and take off without looking! (Maybe they have god on their side;))

I am surprised there hasn't been an accident yet either, but i don't think it would make much of a difference if there was one:roll:

northener
19-Oct-08, 15:17
That's the mentality of a lot of people...they're only prepared to get closer to God if they can drive right up to Him.

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 15:19
That's the mentality of a lot of people...they're only prepared to get closer to God if they can drive right up to Him.

The way some of them park they may be meeting their maker quicker than they think! :)
Why do they insist on opening their door and then stand and yap for ages with someone who's passing them and wonder why their is steam coming out of ears [lol]

percy toboggan
19-Oct-08, 15:20
It's a little known fact that there are dozens of Parish Council by-laws forbidding people to travel to church in wheeled vehicles. Perhaps the law should be enforced more. The scale of this problem was brought home to me in 1994 when I toured Southern Ireland in a car. Sunday mornings were heaving. If as many people attended church in England as did in the nineteen twenties then for sure something would have to be done. As it happens churchgoing has fallen out of vogue.
Amen to that.

router
19-Oct-08, 15:37

and he's not even their!
it's his day off :lol:

but agree it's gets a bit much there ,and outside the pipeband hall,but like all the other streets that get blocked with parked cars it won't change not even if you contact your mp(am not mentioning mc arthur street;))
think so many people or a certain percent of the population get killed there first before any of the authorities responsible do anything.

nellie
19-Oct-08, 16:45
Ever tried driving round Argyle Square on a Sunday morning when the Wick christians are worshiping???:roll:

rangers1873
19-Oct-08, 16:45
if any of us were to park like that through the week we would be shifted like another orger said there are plenty of parking spaces at somerfield

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 17:48
Ever tried driving round Argyle Square on a Sunday morning when the Wick christians are worshiping???:roll:

It is really bad there as Argyle sqaure is wicks very own bible belt!!
They always insist on standing outside the churches "gassing" and then proceed to walk out on the road without looking or unable to see due to traffic.
Its the "I am a christian I am immortal" way that they step out on to road looking at us mere heathens going about our business [lol]

floyed
19-Oct-08, 18:02

Try living in Argyle square! Go and do your shopping on Sunday, come back to find that you cant park in front of your own house, because some church goers thought it was the perfect spot to leave their car for the weekly service.
So you have to park half a mile away from your house and drag your shopping back with you!:eek:

SNOWDOG
19-Oct-08, 19:10
I have raised issues with the 'parking' at the Parish kirk for yonks now, but to no avail! The number of cars parked there, on a main road, on a bend beggars belief! How there hasnt been anything serious happen is beyond me!

gleeber
19-Oct-08, 19:22
I reckon you lot are just waiting impatiently for some car to get a scratch so as you can all say i told you so. For goodness sake. It's early Sunday evening in Wick. What kind of traffic are you all expecting? Theres something quaint about people going to church and leaving the car(t) outside the door. It's a disappearing world. Make the most of it. It wont last much longer if you lot get the chance.

silverfox57
19-Oct-08, 19:28
peace be with you all on sunday,

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:04
Maybe some of the people can't manage the walk from the Car-park to the church entrance?

Kevin Milkins
19-Oct-08, 20:06
peace be with you all on sunday,

Ok Ringo.lol:lol:

floyed
19-Oct-08, 20:16
I reckon you lot are just waiting impatiently for some car to get a scratch so as you can all say i told you so. For goodness sake. It's early Sunday evening in Wick. What kind of traffic are you all expecting? Theres something quaint about people going to church and leaving the car(t) outside the door. It's a disappearing world. Make the most of it. It wont last much longer if you lot get the chance.

Quaint shmaint:lol: they are parking there cars on a bend its an accident waiting to happen!

floyed
19-Oct-08, 20:18
Maybe some of the people can't manage the walk from the Car-park to the church entrance?

They could easily get dropped off by someone and there is the church buses that could pick them up from there house and drop them right at the church door.

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:19
They could easily get dropped off by someone and there is the church buses that could pick them up from there house and drop them right at the church door.Maybe it is not that simple a solution for everyone.

floyed
19-Oct-08, 20:22
Maybe it is not that simple a solution for everyone.

What being picked up from there front door and dropped off at the front door of the church:confused

Whitewater
19-Oct-08, 20:24
Tend to agree with Gleeber, sure lots of cars park outside the churchs on Sunday. Why not? if they do cause a problem it is only minor. If the people moaning about it tried driving and parking during the week I'm sure they would find things more difficult. I'm sure loosing a parking spot after going shopping should not be too big a problem, simply change the shopping time, there are at least 12hrs seven days a week available for many shops.

floyed
19-Oct-08, 20:25
Tend to agree with Gleeber, sure lots of cars park outside the churchs on Sunday. Why not? if they do cause a problem it is only minor. If the people moaning about it tried driving and parking during the week I'm sure they would find things more difficult. I'm sure loosing a parking spot after going shopping should not be too big a problem, simply change the shopping time, there are at least 12hrs seven days a week available for many shops.

Why should i have to change my shopping time?? Why do they not leave the car at home!

Whitewater
19-Oct-08, 20:28
It's a public road, you have no more right than the person going to church.

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:29
What being picked up from there front door and dropped off at the front door of the church:confusedMaybe they like using their own car.

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:30
Why should i have to change my shopping time?? Why do they not leave the car at home!Why should they leave the car at home so you can do your shopping. God is more important than your selfishness.

floyed
19-Oct-08, 20:34
Maybe they like using their own car.

Fair point, but why park in the stupid of places like on a bend.

floyed
19-Oct-08, 20:35
Why should they leave the car at home so you can do your shopping. God is more important than your selfishness.

Why am i being selfish by wanting to park my car outside my house?

And who the hell told you that god was more important than shopping:roll::lol:

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:37
Fair point, but why park in the stupid of places like on a bend.
Isn't that a place for parking?

Whitewater
19-Oct-08, 20:38
[QUOTE=floyed;And who the hell told you that god was more important than shopping:roll::lol:[/QUOTE]

Good point. I won't argue with you on that one.

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 20:40
I think the point is being lost here.
The point that was initailly raised was dangerous parking outside churches NOT a topic about who has the right to use their car!
People going to church have just as much right as a shopper has but the point being that some of the church go-ers are parking as close as possible to the church and causing an obstruction and blocking the view of the road for other road users, now TBH who is being selfish their then? The driver who cant see round the bend or Mr and Mrs god fearing christian who left their car on the bend and blocked the view?

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:42
The point that was initailly raised was dangerous parking outside churches NOT a topic about who has the right to use their car!
People going to church have just as much right as a shopper has but the point being that some of the church go-ers are parking as close as possible to the church and causing an obstruction and blocking the view of the road for other road users, now TBH who is being selfish their then? The driver who cant see round the bend or Mr and Mrs god fearing christian who left their car on the bend and blocked the view?What view of the road are they blocking exactly that isn't a restricted view anyway?

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 20:44
Isn't that a place for parking?

from the Highway code.
Point 217: DO NOT park your vehicle or trailer on the road where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users. For example, do not stop:

Near a school entrance

Anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services

At or near a bus stop or taxi rank

On the approach to a level crossing

Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

Near the brow of a hill or hump bridge

Opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle

Where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane

Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users

In front of an entrance to a property

On a bend

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 20:48
What view of the road are they blocking exactly that isn't a restricted view anyway?

Depends which church you are on about!
If they are all converged at the entrance then you are bound to get someone try to cross the road between the parked cars.
By parking opposite the Parish church all the way down to the sports shop it makes the corner "blind".By parking at the back of the pipe band hall they are forcing the road to become "one-way" thus increasing the likelyhood of an accident and making a hazard.

TBH
19-Oct-08, 20:56
Depends which church you are on about!
If they are all converged at the entrance then you are bound to get someone try to cross the road between the parked cars.
By parking opposite the Parish church all the way down to the sports shop it makes the corner "blind".By parking at the back of the pipe band hall they are forcing the road to become "one-way" thus increasing the likelyhood of an accident and making a hazard.Which church was the O.P on about?

router
19-Oct-08, 20:59
The way some of them park they may be meeting their maker quicker than they think! :)
Why do they insist on opening their door and then stand and yap for ages with someone who's passing them and wonder why their is steam coming out of ears [lol]

and when they come out they got to tesco and do the same,stand about and yap and draw you a dirty look caus you can't get past them with a trolley :confused
that's good christian folk for you,like a lot o folk, don't realy give a monkeys about the rest,as long as they get where the're going that's what matters.

TBH
19-Oct-08, 21:05
and when they come out they got to tesco and do the same,stand about and yap and draw you a dirty look caus you can't get past them with a trolley :confusedSo you actually watched them leave the parish church, drive to tescos then stand around yapping to prevent you from getting past with your trolley?:lol:

router
19-Oct-08, 21:46
[quote=TBH;447438]So you actually watched them leave the parish church, drive to tescos then stand around yapping to prevent you from getting past with your trolley?:lol:[/quote
no,the suits and tweed clothing that smell of mothballs is a giveaway:lol:

Metalattakk
20-Oct-08, 03:59
Try living in Argyle square! Go and do your shopping on Sunday, come back to find that you cant park in front of your own house, because some church goers thought it was the perfect spot to leave their car for the weekly service.
So you have to park half a mile away from your house and drag your shopping back with you!:eek:

> O NOES! I can't park outside my own house!!!11!!0ne0neone!1 I will be killed 2 deth soon!
> Killed!
> 2 DETH!!!!oneoneeleven!!11!!
>
> O NOES! Am ded now. :(
>
>

Seriously, people need to learn that they have no right to park right outside their house. Streets are there for people to traverse upon, not to park your bloomin' cars on, and block up the roads for proper road users.

If you need somewhere to park your car, rent a garage. Oh no, wait...you don't want to do that because you're all too lazy to walk the slightest distance from your car to your house.

Dry your eyes and stop being so selfish.

floyed
20-Oct-08, 08:19
People going to church have just as much right as a shopper has but the point being that some of the church go-ers are parking as close as possible to the church and causing an obstruction and blocking the view of the road for other road users, now TBH who is being selfish their then? The driver who cant see round the bend or Mr and Mrs god fearing christian who left their car on the bend and blocked the view?

Thank you, someone speaking sense:D

floyed
20-Oct-08, 08:20
> O NOES! I can't park outside my own house!!!11!!0ne0neone!1 I will be killed 2 deth soon!
> Killed!
> 2 DETH!!!!oneoneeleven!!11!!
>
> O NOES! Am ded now. :(
>
>

Seriously, people need to learn that they have no right to park right outside their house. Streets are there for people to traverse upon, not to park your bloomin' cars on, and block up the roads for proper road users.

If you need somewhere to park your car, rent a garage. Oh no, wait...you don't want to do that because you're all too lazy to walk the slightest distance from your car to your house.

Dry your eyes and stop being so selfish.

hahahahahhaha your soooooo funnyyy, keep them coming Metalattakk:lol:

trinkie
20-Oct-08, 08:32
This seems rather a peculiar Thread - I have gone over it several times.
Do you have a problem with Parking or Christians. Or do you have a problem with Old People ?

Think carefully before you answer.

Trinkie

floyed
20-Oct-08, 08:40
This seems rather a peculiar Thread - I have gone over it several times.
Do you have a problem with Parking or Christians. Or do you have a problem with Old People ?

Think carefully before you answer.

Trinkie

I have no problem with christians my mum is one and goes every Sunday (by church bus). No problem with old people at all they are the same as me just older which i will be someday.

Its the parking that i don't like, i just don't see why they cant park in the car park at Somerfields instead of blocking up the road in front of the church that is it that is all i was saying:)