PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou Caithnessians

rich62_uk
16-Jan-06, 21:47
This is going to be a very short thread.

I would like to thank all the people of Caithness for the help and support we have be given while trying to find somewhere to live in the area. I recently posted a thread on this message board asking for some advice on finding accommodation in Caithness. The number of messages with helpful advice we received was unbelievable, the offers of help were much the same from telephone calls asking friends and family, to an offer to pick me up from Inverness on my house hunting trip (thank you Fran). Golach and Lizz in the chat room have been invaluable with advice on places to visit even a phone call when I got lost (Must get Sat-Nav). On my trip to Caithness I was supposing that all the nice people of the area were on the message board and that the locals would be much the same as anywhere else. Not at all, I have never visited an area where I have been made more welcome in the whole of my life hence this message being to all Caithnessians.

A final thank you must go to Alice In Blunderland as hers was the help that ended in finding us a home. See you all I hope in 5 Weeks time as this is when we move into Forss.

Heartfelt Thanks Richard, Trish and family

golach
16-Jan-06, 21:56
Ahhh Shucks :o You say the nicest things Richard & Trish :lol:

Tugmistress
16-Jan-06, 22:16
well done on finding a home so quickly and well done to Alice in Blunderland too :)
looking foward to seeing some more posts off you in here :)

Kenn
17-Jan-06, 00:29
Good luck to you and the family Rich and Trish make the dream come true in "God's own County" we will be green with envy.

JAWS
17-Jan-06, 01:13
Got lost! How do you get lost coming to Caithness?
Head north until your feet get wet and cold, back up a bit.
Turn right and drive on until your feet get wet and cold, back up a bit.
You are then at John o' Groats.
How much simpler can it be?
Welcome to the best place ever created.

angela5
17-Jan-06, 01:19
Got lost! How do you get lost coming to Caithness?
Head north until your feet get wet and cold, back up a bit.
Turn right and drive on until your feet get wet and cold, back up a bit.
You are then at John o' Groats.
How much simpler can it be?
Welcome to the best place ever created.

That's right you only need to follow the winding roads and your temperature dial in the car..the colder it gets you know your getting pretty close to us wonderful caithnessians..Welcome aboard.

Alice in Blunderland
17-Jan-06, 15:44
You will love it here Richard and Trish,you can borrow our sat nav if needed when you get here but all you need is a good tongue in your head.

rich62_uk
17-Jan-06, 16:07
You will love it here Richard and Trish,you can borrow our sat nav if needed when you get here but all you need is a good tongue in your head.

So many replies jumped into my head when I read that, one was printable .......thank you lol.......Trish. :evil