PDA

View Full Version : ferret trouble

emszxr
18-Oct-08, 15:56
i have just got a new jill to keep my hob company as his last one unexpectedly died. i had my hob and new jill in a big cage in house to see how they got on and they were fine together, but have since put them outside in the run, which is huge with loads of tubes and logs etc to play in, but she has started being pretty vicious to him after being out a couple of days. i got her from her previous owner where she shared a hutch with a jill and hob. my ferrets are fed a good diet of fresh meat and dry food. they dont fight over the food. he is now really scared of her. i have put her in a big cage in the run, but not sure if it will work, will she ever be happy with him. forgot to say, altho she quieter than my last jill she is quite happy to be handled and hasnt shown any signs of trying to bite me.

Rie
19-Oct-08, 11:44
she is showing classic signs of protecting her teritory , staking a claim so to speak and this should subside eventually , takes time to settle in to new enviroments , an indoor cage has less "private " space but out doors with tubes ect , she is just claiming her fave toys .

TisIivy
22-Oct-08, 15:11
I have a jill who in the past has killed two hobs for no apparent reason,she is well handled
and has never bitten or attempted to bite any human ,at the moment as she is out of season she is back in with another jill and three hobs but come the spring she will be seperated again as it was just after she came in heat three years ago she killed the last one ,but as she is getting a bit older now maybe she'll mellow with age and as to why she suddenly turns on another ferret she had been wintered with I don't know.