PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wonder?

Saveman
16-Jan-06, 19:25
Do you ever wonder while standing in the queue at Lidl, Coop and/or Somerfield if the person next to you is a fellow ORGer? Perhaps someone you have debated with or had a laugh with online?

Maybe we should set up some kind of mason-like system of recognition!

I'll pretend to be texting on my phone..... :)

_Ju_
16-Jan-06, 19:29
That is something I have thought of very often, Savey! Strangely enough, it is something that comes to mind most often when I am at the library! So when I'm there, I find myself sureptitiously glancing at the screens, trying to figure out if caitness.org is open. Bad girl! Bad girl! BBBBAAAADDDD girl!!! (castigating myself!)

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 19:29
Do you ever wonder while standing in the queue at Lidl, Coop and/or Somerfield if the person next to you is a fellow ORGer? Perhaps someone you have debated with or had a laugh with online?

I'll pretend to be texting on my phone..... :)The thought is on my mind constantly...everywhere i go..lol
What agreat idea about some sort of code :o)
What if it's someone you've really annoyed though..I don't know if I would fancy meeting them!!

laguna2
16-Jan-06, 20:13

... only problem with that is how many people DO text on their phones - we would still be wondering if they are ORGers :D

Rheghead
16-Jan-06, 20:32
Do you ever wonder while standing in the queue at Lidl, Coop and/or Somerfield if the person next to you is a fellow ORGer?

I have thought this as well and those that have come along to the posters parties are now recognisable.

teddybear1873
16-Jan-06, 20:50
I dont get that feeling when i'm standing in a queue at Wal-Mart as i'm in Louisiana, but you never know lol....It's a small world after all

DW
16-Jan-06, 20:53
If you are so keen to be recognised why not use your real name and a photo?
Or is it that 'the wee club' would be restricted to certain people?
Aye aye, like the masons and all the other 'wee clubs' - practising any kind of exclusivity - sad! sad! sad! :cry:
Much more fun to be anonymous and be able to purr people up :Razz

scorrie
16-Jan-06, 20:54

I have a system for spotting the bORG in supermarkets. Simply keep yourself within earshot and if you hear Religion being blamed for the fact that bread stocks are low, then you know it is one of the bORG. Other signs are the recoiling from natural daylight and copious notes being taken on the quality, or lack thereof, of service. Some may even be downloading bad service updates direct to these pages.

Coop staff, prepare to be assimilated.

Loafer
16-Jan-06, 21:05
Strangely enough, someone at work was going on about a thread and how a certain "loafer" was being cheeky about shops in Thurso.

Mind you, I have met a few as well......

He doesn't know yet!!!!

The Loafer

JAWS
16-Jan-06, 21:10
Spotting ORGers is easy.
Bottle bottom glasses - from staring at the screen.
Twitchy fingers with flat finger ends - from constant typing.
Difficulty walking - from sitting too long at the puter.

brandy
16-Jan-06, 21:27
*laughs* well it is easy to spot me! brandy is my real name and pretty sure theres not many peeps in wick named brandy!
but yup i often wonder about it as well .. whos who on the ORG?

Alice in Blunderland
16-Jan-06, 21:49
Well my real name aint Alice but I have wondered who some of the people are posting the messages, might get a shock if we saw all the people behind the postings not as we probably imagine them. For instance I owe Rheghead an apology I thought you sounded older than you are weeboyagee put me right when I mentioned it to him.

Fran
17-Jan-06, 00:33
Maybe we should all go around wearing a red rose on an agreed certain day of the week, that would be very interesting!!!!!!

angela5
17-Jan-06, 00:35
It's that cold outside fran think every person has a red nose.:lol:

Saveman
17-Jan-06, 00:49
... only problem with that is how many people DO text on their phones - we would still be wondering if they are ORGers :D

Yeah its a common thing to do while waiting in a queue...maybe I'll whistle a happy tune instead

scotsboy
17-Jan-06, 05:26
Maybe we should all go around wearing a red rose on an agreed certain day of the week, that would be very interesting!!!!!!

On another board I used to frequent the board members used to meet up every now and then, the flower of choice was not a ROSE but a CARNATION. After the initial meeting only those that had not met others previously were required to wear the carnation........then one wag turned up with a tin of carnation milk!! So from then on it was a tin of carnation milk that had to be carried. So maybe all listees should add carnation milk to their shopping list.

Wizzbang
17-Jan-06, 06:06
A small lapel badge worn like the old cycling proficiency badge you used to get .
Do they still do them ?
A small triangle with a silhouette of Caithness on it perhaps?

Swlr

teddybear1873
17-Jan-06, 08:18
even better what about if they started an online shop then we can go aboot wearing our .org T shirts, caps, jackets etc

brandy
17-Jan-06, 10:30
*laughs* that would be cool have an "Im an Orger" tshirt

paris
17-Jan-06, 10:49
Put me down for an Orger Tshirt size small.....opps i mean large. Id sure wear it but then again it wouldnt mean anything to anyone where i live, ha ha

spiggie
17-Jan-06, 11:12
Ok. So how do we see eachother? Old, young, fat, bald? It would be interesting to get your 'take'

paris
17-Jan-06, 11:19
OK spiggie start a thread so we can describe ourselves.

Saveman
17-Jan-06, 14:12
Standing in Somerfield this morning I started whistling "Scotland the Brave" and texting frantically.......I think everyone thought I was a bit mental :D

unicorn
17-Jan-06, 14:15
If I had seen that I dont think I would have said hi cos I would have found you scary savey lol!!!

weeboyagee
17-Jan-06, 14:53
Well my real name aint Alice but I have wondered who some of the people are posting the messages, might get a shock if we saw all the people behind the postings not as we probably imagine them. For instance I owe Rheghead an apology I thought you sounded older than you are weeboyagee put me right when I mentioned it to him.

..............I lied :D

Rheggers is a wee, bawldy-heeded owld mannie wi two teesh an' a stick. He sits at his dusty owld dresser wi' his 'puter next 'til his glass fur his falsers.

Anyone not believe me? What does golach look like anyone? :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
17-Jan-06, 15:01
Wee boyagee if a told you once a told you a thousand times come away from the mirror You just described yourself in that post.You said Rheghers was tall dark and handsome you must be jealous

rich62_uk
17-Jan-06, 15:05

my moneys on Patrick Stewart ......Trish. :p

weeboyagee
17-Jan-06, 15:12
my moneys on Patrick Stewart ......Trish.
Patrick Stewart.....in an owld fashioned green and white bukta fitba' shirt,......where's ma camera!...:lol:

DrSzin
17-Jan-06, 16:16
my moneys on Patrick Stewart ......Trish. :pPatrick Stewart? Lol, lol, lol!

Not unless Patrick Stewart has grown some hair, or Golach has shaved his head recently...

Maybe it should be "Orgre" rather than "Orger"? Gleber2's t-shirt could read "Outre Orgre"...

I look just like my avatar, but I looked a little healthier before I had my little scrap with Obi-Wan Kenorgi.

golach
17-Jan-06, 16:19
Patrick Stewart? Lol, lol, lol!

Not unless Patrick Stewart has grown some hair, or Golach has shaved his head recently...

Maybe it should be "Orgre" rather than "Orger"? Gleber2's t-shirt could read "Outre Orgre"...

I look just like my avatar, but I looked a little healthier before I had my little scrap with Obi-Wan Kenorgi.

LOL Doc your kindness is only exceeded by your own personal beauty. Thank for those few kind words [lol]

rich62_uk
17-Jan-06, 16:21
Patrick Stewart? Lol, lol, lol!

I can c u in a 3 p o [lol]

DrSzin
17-Jan-06, 17:18
I can c u in a 3 p o [lol]May the Forss be with you. :D

JAWS
17-Jan-06, 17:30
May the Forss be with you. :D
Oh dear DrS. Oh dear, dear, dear.
I will make the assumption that you were forced to watch the films because you had to take your youngsters. :lol:

I wouldn't dare wear an ORGer T-shirt or one dark night -------- how tragic!

I do so hate the sight of blood - especially my own! :D

Sporran
17-Jan-06, 17:36

Don't you look like George Clooney when you remove your Darth Vader disguise, doc? ;)

katarina
17-Jan-06, 17:42
Weel, I look just like my avatar too.

katarina
17-Jan-06, 17:49
..............I lied :D

Rheggers is a wee, bawldy-heeded owld mannie wi two teesh an' a stick. He sits at his dusty owld dresser wi' his 'puter next 'til his glass fur his falsers.

Golash - hmm. late middle age, glasses, wearing a woolie jumper. Still has hair, grey ans frizzy?