PDA

View Full Version : Alex Salmond's Hamper

Tom Cornwall
18-Oct-08, 10:12
If, as reported recently, Alex Salmond had the time to visit Thurso to pick up a hamper from the Halkirk Young Farmers, why didn't he, while he was up there, take the time to visit Wick High School, or perhaps he thought hamper-presentations looked better in the press.

DeHaviLand
18-Oct-08, 13:01
If, as reported recently, Alex Salmond had the time to visit Thurso to pick up a hamper from the Halkirk Young Farmers, why didn't he, while he was up there, take the time to visit Wick High School, or perhaps he thought hamper-presentations looked better in the press.

Maybe he didn't have the time?:roll:

northener
18-Oct-08, 14:32
Oh, hamper...I thought it said hamster.

Why the leader of the SNP would want to go around picking up hamsters is his own personal business.

But I can see Alex definitely wanting to pick up a free hamper....

Alice in Blunderland
18-Oct-08, 15:11
Oh come on now the last thing most politicians want to do is face up to reality..............esp the bad ones. :roll:

A hamper of food or a wreck of a school.........yip we can see why the wee man went to Halkirk. ;)

I know I know its Highland councils mess but he could at least lend a hand here.

percy toboggan
18-Oct-08, 15:19
I think he's losing it....hamper or not.
As I understand it he's having a pop at Gordon Brown for criticising Iceland !
Saying he's 'picking upon' small countries.
It will be interesting to see how Salmond navigates this patch of troubled financial water. Better I hope than his treasury spokeman who this morning said Iceland's economy was 'fundamentally sound'.

(Ears, my own, could I not believe)

tonkatojo
18-Oct-08, 19:05
I read a quote the other day it was really appropriate to the SNP '' Bonnie prince Charlie suckered us SCOTS pretty well, Now ''SAVIOUR'' salmond is trying the same - BUT he's not so Bonnie ''.