PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:38
How come some posters have 11 squares of reputation, and are bright green squares worth more than dark green ones?

I've had some favourable comments on my posts and I very much appreciate it when someone takes the time and trouble to tell me they liked a certain post, but a lot of people must receive far more comments than I do. It's not as if I'd ever had a bad rep before last week (see the wind turbines thread for an explanation.)

Any hints on upping my reputation level will be gratefully received.

Moi x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 01:48
Hint:Keep posting and threading.

P.S Moi X............Reputation means ?

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:50
P.S Moi X............Reputation means ?In my case, usually bad reputation! :lol:

Moi x

Tom Cornwall
18-Oct-08, 10:18
It looks like I've just recieved a black square...is that good or very bad...:)

Angela
18-Oct-08, 10:24

It's a RED square that's bad, Tom.

I think (could be wrong here) that a grey/black square is rep from someone who doesn't yet have enough rep him/herself for it to count.. so in terms of points, it's neutral.

golach
18-Oct-08, 10:29
Tom, the little black box top right means you have opted not to receive Reputations if it was green then you can receive good & bad reps, you need to go into your user cp to chose your options

dragonfly
18-Oct-08, 10:30
the black square means you have disabled your reputation so no-one can good or bad rep you. To turn it on, go to UserCP, Edit Options (under Settings & Options) and put a tick in the "Show Your Reputation Level" box, you should then see if you have any good or bad reps and your box will be green HOPEFULLY :D

helenwyler
18-Oct-08, 10:42
You can still rep a poster even if they have disabled their 'show reputation' facility. It just doesn't show, but they will be able to see your rep on their User CP.

Moi x, you have to earn more rep points to get the lighter green squares than the darker ones...takes bliddy ages, in my case :lol:.

You can only up your rep level by contributing posts somebody thinks are worth repping .

Kevin Milkins
18-Oct-08, 11:12
Thanks for those explanations as I have been wondering why some have black squares.:confused

grumpy1
18-Oct-08, 21:57
im intrigued i never noticed the boxes so thought id add a reply to se what mine was....

Moi x
19-Oct-08, 01:24
A big 'thank you' to everyone that responded.

I'm still not sure how I get bright green squares but I suspect the process begins automatically after the five dark green ones.

Moi x

loobyloo
19-Oct-08, 02:14
Thanks for posting this.... I had absolutely no idea what the squares meant!!!! Ha ha ha. Just had a look at my settings and discovered all these little messages from folk that I didn't know existed (the messages, not the folk!). I am seriously technologically challenged. Thanks!!!! :)

loobyloo
19-Oct-08, 02:15
Thanks for posting this.... I had absolutely no idea what the squares meant!!!! Ha ha ha. Just had a look at my settings and discovered all these little messages from folk that I didn't know existed (the messages, not the folk!). I am seriously technologically challenged. Thanks!!!! :)

Oh, I don't have many do I? I'm going to get 'square envy' now. Maybe it wasn't such a good thing.

loobyloo
19-Oct-08, 02:24
I'm sorry to be 'fick' but how do you rep people? There's been many a time I've admired someone's reply/point of view but I didn't know you could help them get a green square!!!! A whole new world is opening up to me..... Moi is definitely getting a bit of a green square, if I ever figure out how to do it....

Margaret M.
19-Oct-08, 03:04
I'm sorry to be 'fick' but how do you rep people? .

Just click on the scales in the top right hand corner of the post you want to rep. A wee box will come up and you can choose to approve or disapprove.

loobyloo
19-Oct-08, 03:10
Just click on the scales in the top right hand corner of the post you want to rep. A wee box will come up and you can choose to approve or disapprove.

Thank you. You are my first victim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moi x
19-Oct-08, 14:34
Thank you. You are my first victim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can I be your next one? ;)

Moi x

Tighsonas4
19-Oct-08, 20:03
dont want to change the subject but there was a time if you got a pm it flashed up .does that no longer happen?? tony
by the way moix you and started off at the same time as me t

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Oct-08, 22:40
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9gRhctFm8

:)

Bobinovich
19-Oct-08, 23:14
OMG Pepsi - should get a link to that in the Forum Rules :lol:

loobyloo
20-Oct-08, 00:17
Can I be your next one? ;)

Moi x