PDA

View Full Version : driving tests

pirateeye
17-Oct-08, 23:48
just curious, anyone know what the waiting list for taking theory and practical tests is in caithness?
also how much is the practical? did you pass first time?:lol:

northener
18-Oct-08, 01:48
Waiting times vary, the longest wait is always during the summer hols as a lot of students want to get their test done before they leg it to uni.

Average was around 4 weeks for a practical, although you can pick up cancellations at short notice occasionally. The best thing to do is go onto the DSA website. Once you've passed your theory test you can look up the diary for practical test bookings - you can also do the same for theory test dates. Prices are given on the website too.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/DG_066356

floyed
18-Oct-08, 07:45
I did my theory a few months ago now and it cost £30 they are done in Wick i think every 2 weeks down at the harbour in the big bus. Practice your theory alot and you will find it easy and straight forward. I passed first time but i practiced every day.

I really want to be up for my practical before Christmas, i think its about £60 i don't know how long you have to wait to sit a practical. I want to pass first time but we will see maybe it will take a few go's.

pirateeye
18-Oct-08, 11:15
thanks
was just curious. i passed my theory in stockport and am doing the practical in st helens. 2week waiting list for the practical. i just wondered what it was at home

Blondie
18-Oct-08, 11:30
thanks
was just curious. i passed my theory in stockport and am doing the practical in st helens. 2week waiting list for the practical. i just wondered what it was at home

It was around a 2 week wait here in September for the practical test. My daughter booked hers in July though and had a 2 month wait!

She passed first time at the start of September :)

Now she will have to get a part time job to pay for all the fuel she is using! :eek: