PDA

View Full Version : Fishing advice wanted

willowbankbear
16-Jan-06, 16:39
My Brother in law is moving up to caithness next month and he`s got a wee 17foot boat.
Now he`s moving in2 the Lybster area and would like to know some crack about sea angling around those parts, as im a former fisherman ,he did ask me but unfortunately I didnt fish those waters with rod & reel.
Does any one have some info for me, like where is good to fish,what bait, seasons,etc .
Id be much obliged, Oh and he asked me about creels but ill try and deter him from that as i think that there are far too many in the water down the coast.
cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A`hoy lads,shiver me timbers

Saveman
16-Jan-06, 19:39
Sea-fishing licences can be real expensive!
PM me for a good deal, I'll print one out for you no problem.

;)

Astra
16-Jan-06, 23:44
The coast line between wick and lybster is as good a place as any to do sea angling i go sea angling in the summer months for mackrel and in the winter you can get the coddys an other good area is round by freswick you get alot of ship wrecks with some good fishing spots

Is he planning chartered fishing trips ?

nicnak
17-Jan-06, 01:28
To be quite honest the best thing he could do is have a trip to Lybster harbour and have a chat with some of the fishermen there, George, Robin and Jock amongst the many I'm sure that they would be more than happy to have a natter and help if they could.