PDA

View Full Version : Freeview TV

dortmunder
17-Oct-08, 20:12
Here's a post from a thread in the General section:

"the digital setup will be switched on around the 18th of november and it should help withthe freeview problem that is upsetting a lot of freeview watchers just like me...cant wait."

I queried it but the poster either hasn't come back or hasn't revisited. Can anyone explain the comment please? Freeview IS digital so what's this we're apparently getting...

blueivy
18-Oct-08, 20:38
Here's a post from a thread in the General section:

"the digital setup will be switched on around the 18th of november and it should help withthe freeview problem that is upsetting a lot of freeview watchers just like me...cant wait."

I queried it but the poster either hasn't come back or hasn't revisited. Can anyone explain the comment please? Freeview IS digital so what's this we're apparently getting...

Hi dortmunder,

It could be that they mean that they are due to boost the signal for digital on the 18th of November? As they switch off analogue transmitters they are boosting the freeview signal so that a lot more people can get it. However I didn't think they were doing that around here until 2010.

I could be wrong, but this is just a thought.

dortmunder
19-Oct-08, 10:57
Yes, I'm of the same opinion as you - 2010. In the absence of further comment, let's just see what occurs next month. Meantime, I'm putting in a new wideband aerial.