PDA

View Full Version : Worst Gaurd Dogs??

justine
17-Oct-08, 15:39
Ok so a little fun now, would you nominate your dog for the worst gaurd dog in caithness.
I know that tank is pretty good, he barks and alerts us but then hes a fun, but a dog i had in the past was terrible. Toby a yorkie was the lousiest gaurd dog known to man,He woudl show you where the silver was and help you out if he could.

So would you put your dog forward for the "Worst Gaurd Dog" award for 2008..
Full explanations helpful as to why your dog could be the king/Queen of this title.

porshiepoo
17-Oct-08, 16:14
We had a German Shepherd once called Satan and he could be quite nasty when the notion took him. We thought he was a brilliant guard dog until the day my mum was looking after the kids and she accidentally locked herself and the girls in one of the bedrooms.
Eventually a salesman knocked on the door and she asked him out the bedroom window if he'd mind coming up and letting her out but he was to tread very carefully as there was a guard dog downstairs.
Well, the guy walks in pooping his pants but determined to save the damsel in distress and the dog just let him - didn't even sniff him, or move either come to that.
Laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the dogs we have now, unfortunately I can almost guarantee that they'd bite if a stranger tried to get in or tried to get on the land!

justine
17-Oct-08, 16:20
my mum did that. Locked herself out and had to get someone to come and break in throught he kitchen window. Whilst this bloke was trying to get the window open he could here my mums dog barking madly in the house, he had a very deep bark and it sounded like the dog from hell.

When he managed to open the window he refused to enter the house and my mum was then forced up the ladders through the window and opened the back door. Imagaine the look on this mans face when she opened the door carrying a toy yorkie in her arms that weighed no more than a couple of pounds..
Dog bark is always worse than the bite.well in pips case it was.

teenybash
17-Oct-08, 17:24
I think I woul nominate my hairy white lurcher Shoolee. Anyone could walk in, take anything, make a cup of tea, do anything they wanted and she would sleep on and on and on.................she's as deaf as a post!!!![lol]

brandy
17-Oct-08, 19:09
omg bubbles! the dog is an idiot.. she barks like she would eat you alive, and then will knock you over to sit in your lap and lick you to death as soon as she gets you in the house.
unless a burglar was terrified of being trampled by an over excited doodle he would have nothing to worry about, well until he woke me up.. my bite is def. worse than my bark!

kriklah
17-Oct-08, 19:33
lurch the lurcher is a great alarmist, someone comes to the door, he barks, someone drives onto the driveway, he barks, someone passes the house, he barks, the wind makes noises outside, he barks, and woe betide the butterfly in china flaps its wings....... and we're not just talking couple of barks then stops, this is totally brainless nonstop till hes happy with the situation typ barking. however he ignores my bro in law and a friend who comes round often, so i guess he recognises the sound of their cars as apposed to any other car, and will quite oblivously lie on the sofa as they come in. on the down side my mum and her hubby came to stay for a week and when they arrived, lurch took one look at my stepdad and crapped himself, and im not metaphoricly(sp?) here either!!!!!!

and he hates postmen!!!!

but would i consider him a WORST guard dog?....... let me think on that one:confused

teenybash
17-Oct-08, 21:15
lurch the lurcher is a great alarmist, someone comes to the door, he barks, someone drives onto the driveway, he barks, someone passes the house, he barks, the wind makes noises outside, he barks, and woe betide the butterfly in china flaps its wings....... and we're not just talking couple of barks then stops, this is totally brainless nonstop till hes happy with the situation typ barking. however he ignores my bro in law and a friend who comes round often, so i guess he recognises the sound of their cars as apposed to any other car, and will quite oblivously lie on the sofa as they come in. on the down side my mum and her hubby came to stay for a week and when they arrived, lurch took one look at my stepdad and crapped himself, and im not metaphoricly(sp?) here either!!!!!!

and he hates postmen!!!!

but would i consider him a WORST guard dog?....... let me think on that one:confused

I think you might have a winner!!!!![lol] Brilliant.

Tilter
18-Oct-08, 14:07
If you count Death by Licking, we've always had the best guard dogs in the world.

GruesomeTwosome
20-Oct-08, 13:23
Please accept my application for my two rotties. Absolutely pathetic guard dogs. Once, I was happily singing away to myself in my bedroom doing the housework when a complete stranger to the dogs (friend of mine) came right through the house (dogs in their beds sleeping, flaked out on their backs to boot) right past the dogs to give me the fright of my life, when we went back through the house I think the dogs thought to themselves, 'Ooops, I think we better get up out of bed and at least look as if we were alert to any dangers!' They are an embarrasement to the reputations you usually hear :lol:

justine
20-Oct-08, 16:03
Nice to see owners admitting their dogs as the worst guard dog. The winner will be named at the end of this week.

I imagine tank would just lick everyone who entered our house, but he does bark more if i am on my own, but when oh is here he would let you all in..But keep them coming. we need a winner.:lol:

evelyn
20-Oct-08, 19:18
I'll nominate my two greyhounds....Zelda and Andie.
Two couch potatoes who will barely lift their heads unless its food or walky times!!!!
Neither of them bark so no fear of being alerted to an intruder coming into the house!!!!
evelyn

justine
28-Oct-08, 12:06
Well going from the response there are not many dogs that are bad gaurd dogs, but reading these i would like to say that the winner for the great achievement is

GruesomeTwosomes rotties.

Well done doggies..

GruesomeTwosome
28-Oct-08, 15:08
OMG, I am so honoured to accept this title on behalf of my worse guard dogs ever. Best title they have ever won!

What a fab thread, really enjoyed everyone elses stories, glad I am not alone at disparing of my dogs lack of enthusiasm! :lol::lol: x x x

justine
28-Oct-08, 15:17
I chose yours because for the rep that the rotts get it is nice to hear a story of 2 dogs that would gently allow you to into their lives, let you feed them daily, walk them lovingly and then allow anyone into the house without much of a todo.;)
CONGRATS to the both of them.:lol: