PDA

View Full Version : Pumkin soup

Thumper
17-Oct-08, 13:56
Another idea to use up the pumpkin flesh you dont need after making a lantern :D

4 medium cloves of gralic
1Kg pumpkin flesh peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon of oil(20ml)
1 large onion
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 litre of veg or chicken stock
cream and nutmeg to serve

preheat oven to 180c(170 if fan assisted)
chop pumpkin into even sized pieces and place on baking tray with whole garlic cloves and drizzle with 3 teaspons of oil,shakeing gently to coat
bake for 20 mins then remove garlic and continue to bake pumpking until soft(be careful not to let it burn)

heat teaspoon of oil in pan add chopped onion,nutmeg,cumin,salt and pepperand cook for 1 minute
add pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil,reduce heat and simmer uncovered until onion is soft and stock is reduced slightly(around 20 minutes)
peel roasted garlic and add to pan
allow to cool slightly and then blend with hand blender
serve with a drizzle of cream and a pinch of nutmeg x

Ash
28-Oct-08, 13:02
i dont have a hand blender can i make it without it
any tips

Thumper
28-Oct-08, 13:58
Hi Ash,you could puree it through a sieve but it would take quite some time!Have you got a food processor?If not pop to tesco or woolis and buy a hand blender,they have one in tesco for 3.99 and its good enough for doing soups etc x

Ash
28-Oct-08, 18:02
no food processor
i had a hand blender went and bought everything for making the soup and forgot our hand blender broke
is it wick or thurso tesco

Thumper
29-Oct-08, 14:51
Hi Ash,I got mine in Wick but Thurso may have them,if not woolies do a value range and I think their version was around about £5 x