PDA

View Full Version : Just to let you know

munron
17-Oct-08, 13:30
That Penny is still living the high life in her new home, much loved and well looked after. She came to visit the other day and she really has a sparkle in her eye, she even had a present for me to say thanks. How wonderful that a simple act of gratitude can lift your day.

I think that some things in life are just meant to be, I never told the story here but Penny did go to another home the day before my wedding and came back the morning after my wedding. The reason? One of the couple had a migraine and could they try again in a week. I never heard from them again, but suffice to say she was not going back there anyway. I don’t know how rescue centres and their workers are not queuing at the doctors for valium. I was at the stage where she was going to a rescue down south and then like a miracle her new family appeared.

So with Penny gone I had sometime on my hands, well until tomorrow. A very special boy is coming to stay, he is a big chunky monkey and I love him a bit already. His name is Paddy and he is a horse - so one P out and one P in.

bluebell
17-Oct-08, 13:45
So happy to hear the great news about Penny she was a lovely wee thing just a shame her and Rascal didn't see eye to eye,shame about other couple but she is now at the best place where she is getting spoiled rotten and getting the love and attention she deserves, Munron you have a heart of gold xx

binbob
17-Oct-08, 13:45
thank u for letting us know about penny...
so happy all is well.u are truly a special person.
good luck with paddy..

munron
17-Oct-08, 13:50
Och for any sake you pair, I am not that great ha ha

Bluebell, I was going to email you today to apologise for not being in touch. We will go that dog walk one of these days - if it ever gets fine weather and I can escape the animal farm.

I think Penny's problem was she didnt do small dogs, she is obviously a little girl with big boots.

carasmam
17-Oct-08, 14:32
I think Penny's problem was she didnt do small dogs, she is obviously a little girl with big boots.

The little ones are the worst - and I am allowed to say that cos I am only 5' :lol:

So glad she is still happy, I opened this thread with baited breath - phew.

You are special Munron, you had a wedding to organise, that alone puts some folk on valium, on top of finding a good home for Penny and you did both brilliantly well done:cool:

cuddlepop
17-Oct-08, 14:54
Glad Penny has settled in her new home.

We've had Scorrie for three weeks now and the change in him is amazing.Still as mad as a hatter but he now knows the boundries.:D

I done a double take on your post,thought for a minute you really were taking in a big chunky monkey....well maybe,as they say "never say never":lol:

munron
17-Oct-08, 15:49
I done a double take on your post,thought for a minute you really were taking in a big chunky monkey....well maybe,as they say "never say never":lol:[/QUOTE]

Remember Cuddlepop I did just get married, so who is to say I didnt get one ha ha

My mum said that the little chap said dada when a gorrilla came on tv the other day. I thought that was setting his sights to high, a howler monkey may have been more appropriate.

I am glad that Scorrie is getting along just fine and dandy, he has landed on all four paws as well.

teenybash
17-Oct-08, 17:33
You are such a lovely human being with a heart more precious than the Koinoor Diamond. Bless you for hanging onto little Penny..............where she is is Happy Forever Land.;) Fantastic.
Give the big fella a hug and an extra mint to say hello from Teenybash...Glad you have found your special fella..no, not the new hubby..................Paddy the horse!!!!! :Razz Of course you know we are all waiting for the Paddy Pics................and the wedding!!!!!!:D

Liz
17-Oct-08, 19:30
So chuffed to hear that wee Penny is so happy in her new home.

You are wonderful Munron so just accept it!!!!lol

Seriously though you did a wonderful thing in taking Penny in and caring for her until she got her forever home.
I know she is happy in her new home but sure you will always have a very special place in her heart.:D

Would love some photos of Paddy.