PDA

View Full Version : Retirement home wanted (not just yet though)

kriklah
17-Oct-08, 11:39
i currently have a pair of budgies, Impy and Gimpy. ive had them a couple of years, but they are at the very least 8 years old.

unfortunalty Gimpy has an inoperable tumor on her wing, and i constantly expect to come down one morning to find her toes up in the bottom of the cage. when this happens i think Impy will be very lonely and pining for his life partner may mean losing him quickly too.

so what im hoping is there is someone with an avery that would be willing to take him in so he can live out his days, months or even years in the company of like minded featherbrains.

ive no idea how long before this retirement home would be needed, Gimpy may go soon but she could hang on in there a long time before she make her way over the rainbow to where the bluebirds fly, but id like to have arrangements in place for Impy before then.

Fran
19-Oct-08, 03:45
So sad, but could you not just get another budgie for company for Impy rather than part with her. She will be so sad when she looses her friend so it would be terrible if she lost you too. please keep her and get her another pal.

kriklah
19-Oct-08, 10:00
while that would Impy an new companion, hes not a young bird, and when he goes to join Gimpy, it would leave me yet again with a lonely birdy, id end up in a vicious circle, replacing one only to lose the other.