PDA

View Full Version : Red Pepper in Thurso

Dorrie
17-Oct-08, 00:34
I was part of a party of six eating here tonight. We were the only people in and I must say I am surprised at that. Both the food and the service were excellent. We had eaten there once before and enjoyed it but tonight every meal was perfect. The steak especially was the best I've had in a long time.
I would highly recommend this as an eating establishment.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Qb_FmJfzwNEJ::www.usna.edu/MWR/5-Star.jpg

balto
17-Oct-08, 13:24
was there myself last saturday and the meal was lovely.

BazzaG
17-Oct-08, 14:25
Where abouts is it?

alanatkie
17-Oct-08, 14:32
It's in the Holborn

BazzaG
17-Oct-08, 14:34
It's in the Holborn

Ah rite cheers lol, No in Thurso very often

buggyracer
17-Oct-08, 14:50
there is 2 new chefs who have started in the last few weeks, who have im told previously worked in highly acclaimed restaraunts. :)

Dorrie
04-Nov-08, 17:45
I was also impressed when they telephoned me a few days after we ate here and asked our opinion about the meal, the place, the service, any improvements they could make etc.

I told them the only thing that needed changing in my opinion was the tap in the toilet, which turns on really hard and sprays you and the floor with water!

Cathymac
08-Nov-08, 10:49
On behalf of the Staff at The Red Pepper we would like to thank you for your good comments, we have a feedback that we do for our customers so they can let us know what we're doing right and what we're not doing right so come along and enjoy a meal with us.

We have also recently refurbished a small room that can hold about 16-20 people for a conference or private meal and this will be ready shortly. Come and have a look around and if your someone who's not seen the changes to the Holborn you will be pleasantly suprised

:)

footie chick
09-Nov-08, 03:03
We went there tonight for the first time and it will NOT be the last. Excellent service and fillet steak to die for. Will be back very soon.

anneoctober
10-Nov-08, 11:20
Had a meal there last night. We had the special which was main course and either starter OR dessert for £9.95 ( £1.95 supp if you ordered prawn cocktail) . Food fantastic, staff SO welcoming and the restaurant was warm, great on coming in from the freezing temp outside!:eek: Great atmosphere, a couple & their two girls and other couples were in, excellent waitress service , very helpful and friendly - TOP marks :)

poppett
10-Nov-08, 18:26
Will give it a try soon, as it sounds lovely.

Last time I was at the Holborn was about a year ago and the meals were being served in the bar. The fire door was open to accommodate the smokers and the smoke was blowing back into the room. Our feet were freezing! The menu was quite a limited choice, and we ended up leaving and going to the Royal bar and had a superb meal there, so good in fact we booked for Christmas lunch there.

scotlady
13-Nov-08, 20:33
Was in for a bar meal the other wk! the food was lovely! shame couldn't be said for the woman behind the bar! absolutely no manners wot so ever! not even a smile or a thank you when we left! think Mr Calder needs to put his staff on customer relations training .

anneoctober
14-Nov-08, 10:36
Was in for a bar meal the other wk! the food was lovely! shame couldn't be said for the woman behind the bar! absolutely no manners wot so ever! not even a smile or a thank you when we left! think Mr Calder needs to put his staff on customer relations training .
Have to say, we've never eaten in the bar, so cannot comment on that side o things. Hopefully someone will take note and improve their welcome "barside" ! :lol:

Edna
29-Nov-08, 21:51
Myself and my family were in the red pepper tonight, the food was brill, also the staff were very nice. I would highly recommend it.

mm1ii2aa3
30-Nov-08, 04:59
what time are they open? do we need to book a table before we go?