PDA

View Full Version : question for all mothers

brandy
15-Jul-03, 05:02
hiya my 3 month old has a stopped up nose and wondering what i can do to help him out!
he is having a hard time sleeping and his poor nose is just running everywhere..

Jenni
15-Jul-03, 08:21
When my kids were little and had a blocked nose I used to use those Karvel capsuls. You cut off the end and squeeze the liquid onto their clothes or you could put it on a bib etc and leave it beside their head when they are in their bed/pram. Also my health visitor used to swear by putting a blob of vics vapour rub in a bowl and add boiling water to it. If you leave this in the room quite close to where the baby is sleeping then they should be able to breathe it in and clear their nose. Hope this helps :o)

Tristan
15-Jul-03, 11:38
hiya my 3 month old has a stopped up nose and wondering what i can do to help him out!
he is having a hard time sleeping and his poor nose is just running everywhere..

Well, the good news is that his immune system is working just fine! Bad news is, what a mess...About the only thing you can do is keep the moisture levels up - a humidifier for his room (my mom used to put a bowl of water on the radiator) and keep his fluid level up. Lots of water, juice if he's big enoug, to help flush out his system. If he was older, I would suggest chicken soup/broth (it works wonders!) but at three months he's probably too wee.

Good luck!

sassylass
19-Jul-03, 21:33
I used an aspirator, a bulb one, to suction out their noses. It works well to give babies relief from a blocked nose, just be careful not to insert the tip very far in their nostril.

jjc
19-Jul-03, 22:07
just be careful not to insert the tip very far in their nostril.
You see, now I just want to know what happens if you do stick the tip too far in... :lol:

t
20-Jul-03, 21:13
Why question for all mothers, what about the Fathers??????

Drutt
20-Jul-03, 21:55
Why question for all mothers, what about the Fathers??????
Because when men have stuffed or runny noses they whine and feel sorry for themselves... :roll:

...how can we expect them to know how to help a baby with the same problem??! :confused

gordon the moron
21-Jul-03, 17:39
Would it not be easier if children in Scotland were built the right way up and their noses smelt and their feet ran?

golach
21-Jul-03, 19:46
Gordon,
I have not laughed so much since gleeber asked me for a loan [lol] [lol] [lol]
Golach

scotsboy
23-Jul-03, 11:23
hello everyone hows my good scottish friends??????