PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year again ...

Tugmistress
16-Oct-08, 19:25
we all know it's been a tad breezy of late, but pre-warning for monday (well sunday evening through to tuesday lunch ish) it could be a little more :roll:
general direction of wsw through to nw so anything not tied/anchored down that's shiftable in a good gust of wind please sort out, we could be having wheelie bin races again. probably gusting to around 70mph at it's height, low pressure also means tides higher than normal,

i'll go back to my corner now :)

Buttercup
16-Oct-08, 19:56
Thanks for the warning, will have to check the garden.

sweetpea
16-Oct-08, 20:33
I saw a plant pot in a place it shouldn't have been:eek: also, today in Thurso we had lots of sideways rain and at one point all the girls in my office including myself thought we saw hailstones. There were some wee tropical storms today.

balto
16-Oct-08, 20:49
I saw a plant pot in a place it shouldn't have been:eek: also, today in Thurso we had lots of sideways rain and at one point all the girls in my office including myself thought we saw hailstones. There were some wee tropical storms today.
what you mean it wasnt hail stones me myself thought it was snow.

mums angels
16-Oct-08, 20:50
Thanks for the warning tuggs thought we were due a battering sometime this month , kinda hoped last night was as bad as it was going to get though.(wishful thinking:lol:)
keep up the good work Tuggs

sweetpea
16-Oct-08, 20:57
what you mean it wasnt hail stones me myself thought it was snow.

It was one or the other.

trix
16-Oct-08, 21:00
cheers for 'e warnin tuggs,
il make sure ma manies an wifies wrap up warm....

Alice in Blunderland
16-Oct-08, 21:04
YYYIIIPPPEEEEE I love the wind the rain and the snow bring it on. Winters coming great fun and brilliant time of year. At least in Winter you expect rubbish weather. ;)

Whens it going to snow Tugs ................. :eek: :lol: Ive got my wellies and sledge ready.

cuddlepop
16-Oct-08, 21:15
Thanks for the warning tuggs.

It said on the forecast tonight that the inner and outer hebridies are expected to come off the worst.

As this is only Thursday and there predicting Sunday storms well anything can happen.:eek:

lynne duncan
16-Oct-08, 21:53
well that will finish off the flooers in the garden, will try and tidy it up before then.
hope nicola's trampoline next door doesn't come and visit

teenybash
16-Oct-08, 23:12
Thanks for warning....must batten down the hatches......................Brrrrrrr!!!

Kevin Milkins
17-Oct-08, 00:17
The flowers in containers have lasted well this year so its time to have a clear up or they will end up in the next street.lol Thanks Tugs.

Tugmistress
17-Oct-08, 07:07
as cuddlepop says, it's early yet and things can change, will update you all tonight :)

bobandag16
17-Oct-08, 19:31
we all know it's been a tad breezy of late, but pre-warning for monday (well sunday evening through to tuesday lunch ish) it could be a little more :roll:
general direction of wsw through to nw so anything not tied/anchored down that's shiftable in a good gust of wind please sort out, we could be having wheelie bin races again. probably gusting to around 70mph at it's height, low pressure also means tides higher than normal,

i'll go back to my corner now :)
in 1960 i came to thurso dressed cfor an artic winter duffle coat fur boots seaman sweater thermal under wear i sat on the beach in shorts with the sun shineing so for 48 years here . u will only get caithness weather as it wishes.

Tighsonas4
17-Oct-08, 19:40
as cuddlepop says, it's early yet and things can change, will update you all tonight :)
thanks for the up date tuggs and will be checking tonight BUT
try and keep that boat running for the last sailing tomorrow night regards tony

Tugmistress
17-Oct-08, 20:13
in 1960 i came to thurso dressed cfor an artic winter duffle coat fur boots seaman sweater thermal under wear i sat on the beach in shorts with the sun shineing so for 48 years here . u will only get caithness weather as it wishes.

all i am doing is pre warning of high winds which will probably help people to put away / fasten down loose stuff rather than lose it and risk it causing an accident :confused

thanks for the up date tuggs and will be checking tonight BUT
try and keep that boat running for the last sailing tomorrow night regards tony

ok duration of the high winds looking shorter, mainly just monday now, with lunch time still the worst of it. certainly 60+mph gusts, maybe in to the 70's for a short time. the centre of the low has gone a little further north, so the worst will be the north coastal area's, the western isles are looking a little more out of it now though still expect a decent blow... your worst is looking like sunday night.

will see if the charts change again tomorrow and update any changes i see if you want.

mums angels
17-Oct-08, 20:24
Thanks for the update tuggs its always appreciated :) will keep an eye for any of your updates

Venture
20-Oct-08, 09:12
Well Tugs have we missed the bad weather, or is it still to come. It's certainly pretty calm in Wick at the moment. Could this be the calm before the storm?

Tugmistress
20-Oct-08, 23:45
Sorry venture just got on the comp been out all day then actually had a little social life tonight for a change lol anyways ...
it's a seriously mixed bag this coming week, that low that was threatening for today did a last minute diversion so we got away with it thankfully, looks like tomorrow going to give a little bit of a blow, calmer wednesday, thursday a bit of a blow friday and saturday windy then not then windy again lol i think it's silly season for the weather ;) typical caithness really :D

Venture
21-Oct-08, 01:03
Good for you Tugs, a girl has to let her hair down once in a while.;) Certainly sounds like a mixed bag to come. Saw a robin in the garden today so maybe thats a sign of things to come.

telfordstar
21-Oct-08, 10:57
mmmmm think its time for the trampoline to come down.

Tugmistress
21-Oct-08, 12:59
mmmmm think its time for the trampoline to come down.

err, yup, i would agree with that! lol

balto
21-Oct-08, 16:04
so tugs when is this really horriable weather going to end, or is it here to stay.

Tugmistress
21-Oct-08, 17:18
here to stay til at least sunday i'm afraid balto, sorry.

balto
21-Oct-08, 17:22
here to stay til at least sunday i'm afraid balto, sorry.
it could have been worse you could have said unto march 09 lol