PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Coffee Shop

Ash
16-Oct-08, 17:51
was really disapointed when we went here to eat last week, was in doing a clothes shop and myself and mum and wee one decided to get some lunch i had chili con carne and mum and macaroni, they portions were absolutely tiny and tasteless, my mum asked for garlic bread with hers and got 1 tiny piece.... the place was dead

Buttercup
16-Oct-08, 19:41
I was in, for the first time, a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed. It was just after 2 o'clock and they'd next to nothing left only a few toasties (with a choice of 2 flavours) and a couple of scones. Decided on a toastie and after paying was told she'd bring it over when it was ready. Well it took 15 minutes for me to be presented with this dried out thing that I couldn't even get my teeth through. I was in a hurry so just left it and vowed not to go back. I could see the long wait if they were busy but there was only another two customers there. Don't know what time they close, so maybe I was late in going in, mind you another 3 customers came in (and were served) whilst I was waiting. Anyone know the hours they're open?

cemmts
17-Oct-08, 09:21
It's been going downhill for months we stopped going around april ish. It was very good at the start.........

ashaw1
17-Oct-08, 12:30
was really disapointed when we went here to eat last week, was in doing a clothes shop and myself and mum and wee one decided to get some lunch i had chili con carne and mum and macaroni, they portions were absolutely tiny and tasteless, my mum asked for garlic bread with hers and got 1 tiny piece.... the place was dead

The Tesco cafe's are not actually run by Tesco, a couple of years ago they decided to employ outside agencies to run them. I know the one in Wick is having problems with the company who runs it for them, such a shame as it could be a little goldmine in the right hands.

edayhouse
18-Oct-08, 21:49
i agree i have eaten with the kids there about 4 times now just out of convenience when shopping and the children are hungry and we have never had a good meal, meals always seem dried up and not very warm and also only once could i say that the staff were friendly and helpful so going to try not to eat there again!

oldmarine
24-Oct-08, 20:09
Tesco sounds like a good place to stay away when it comes to eating.

Julia
24-Oct-08, 21:53
I had lunch in Tesco on Thursday with my Ma and my kids, it was the first time in about a year (we thought it's bound to have improved), it was absolutely awful, I had fish and chips, the chips were freezing, the drinks machine wasn't working and it took four attempts to get a proper drink. The cafe itself was cold and felt really drafty. A new member of staff was very helpful though. Won't be going back.

jings00
25-Oct-08, 12:43
i don't think the drinks machine ever works!!!

Margaret M.
25-Oct-08, 15:45
I have eaten there once and was not impressed. The fare they serve is not hard to cook so it is puzzling why they can't have a top notch cafe. They need to find the people who ran the Caithness Glass cafe -- that was lovely.

morganria
25-Oct-08, 18:33
Was in on Friday lunchtime and thought it was okay. We only had toasties and kids boxed lunch but it was good and the person on the till was really helpful (when cappacino machine played up - he made a fresh one and took it over to our table). I thought it was okay for what we paid