PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

Liz
15-Oct-08, 22:23
Thought this might be of interest to some of you. I use both the Feliway and DAP diffusers and they are really good:-

Dear Pet Vet Care Customer,

We are getting dangerously close to the firework season with Diwali (the Hindu Festival Of Light) on 28th October and Bonfire Night on November 5th. There are products that can be used such as D.A.P, Bach Remedies and Feliway which many of you will be familiar with. We also have a new product called Zylkene which was launched this year and is already being used by Vets with great success. You may have heard about it in forums and it is thankfully available without prescription. All of these products will also apply to those pets who suffer during thunderstorms.

It is important to be well prepared as this year November 5th is midweek which means that there will probably be celebrations both on 5th and the weekends before and afterwards. Please try to order your supplies in good time. Don't forget that D.A.P and Feliway Diffusers need to be plugged in and running for 1 week before the event.

From 5th October to 5th November we will be offering 5% off all Firework Fear Products with the Coupon Code ffear8 there is no minimum order value. If you don't have a pet that is afraid of fireworks but you use any of these products for other stress related problems, please feel free to use the code. If you have friends with pets...pass it on!

To use this coupon code enter the code number in the coupon code box which is located on the page where name and address details are entered, (between the bottom of the name and address and the tick box for 'Terms & Conditions').

** THE SMALL PRINT**:
----------------------------
Items not included in the promotion will not be discounted but can be added to your order.

Order must be placed and paid for online.

Payment must be using a credit/debit card ONLINE (Not by Phone or PayPal)

Offer ends 05/11/08

No discounts can be applied to orders placed before the offer begins of after it ends.

We NEVER forward any of our customers email details to 3rd parties and will only send emails that we feel may be of benefit to either you or your pet. If however you would prefer not to receive further emails please contact info@petvetcare.co.uk and put unsubscribe in your subject line.

Please upgrade high value orders (over £50) to include insurance and tracking by selecting Special Delivery at checkout or International Signed For for overseas orders.

With Kind Regards,
Rachel Gowshall Dip AVN (Surgical) VN SQP-C
Pet Vet Care Online

www.petvetcare.co.uk (http://www.petvetcare.co.uk/)
in conjunction with
www.frontline4fleas.co.uk (http://www.frontline4fleas.co.uk/)
www.green-um.co.uk (http://www.green-um.co.uk/)
1 St Katherines
Winterbourne Bassett
Swindon
Wiltshire
SN4 9QG
United Kingdom
(+44) 01793 739063
(+44) 01793 739063
info@petvetcare.co.uk

There is a newsletter which you can get in 'Word' format by emailing info@petvetcare.co.uk This gives more info on all the products and advice.

unicornleather
16-Oct-08, 10:01
I have just started using Zylkene on my lurcher, seems to help. Vetuk.co.uk is far cheaper than most sites too if you buy on a regular basis, Oz

Liz
16-Oct-08, 12:58
Sorry folks! This is not the website I thought it was!:roll:

Like unicornleather I often use Vetuk but use Petmeds as well as they are very reasonable as well with free delivery (www.petmeds.co.uk).
This is who I thought the email was from!

So read the info but don't buy from them as you will get it cheaper elsewhere.

Sorry about that!:confused

ciderally
16-Oct-08, 23:15
ok peeps....whats all this about? as my dogs go nuts at the fireworks. thunder....

Aaldtimer
17-Oct-08, 02:35
My wee Westie just shouts back at 'em! Nothing scares him!:lol:

teenybash
17-Oct-08, 11:32
ok peeps....whats all this about? as my dogs go nuts at the fireworks. thunder....

One of my girls gets into a right old state with thunder, fireworks and those horrible people that use rifles to shoot geese.......something that has helped is putting one of my old T shirts on her and she settles. Still doesn't like the cracks and bangs but at least she is calmer......worth a try........but I never let her see me smiling at the sight of her.:Razz

cuddlepop
17-Oct-08, 14:58
This will be Scorries first fireworks "season" unfortunatly its no longer one night.
We're afraid he'll just copy our other dogs behaviour and shake like a leaf.:(

unicornleather
17-Oct-08, 20:38
Teenybash are you following the Tellington TTouch method?
I hope to go on a course for this next year for my Lurcher who is terrified of Bird scarers (gas guns), thunder, fireworks, guns and low flying RAF Tornados (don't ask!) If the tellington ttouch method works I am going to try it for the firework season, Oz :)

teenybash
17-Oct-08, 21:13
UnicornLeather I have never heard of the Tellington..............
I used my T shirt because she would come over to me and simply look for me to reassure her and I would sit with my arms wrapped around her......so it just seemed logical to put something belonging to me on her. Anything is worth a try when they get so afraid. Thanks for telling me about it as I would be interested to learn what their methods are. By the way my old girl is a staghound so, not too different from a lurcher....big softies:)

unicornleather
18-Oct-08, 09:11
http://www.ttouchtteam.co.uk/
Have a look at that link teenybash and there are areas of Scotland that are serviced by practitioners.
I want to go on a days course next year with my Lurcher so I can learn what it is all about and how to apply it, may come in handy too when handling nervous horses.
Hope it helps, Oz :)

teenybash
18-Oct-08, 11:55
Had a look at the link and what a lovely informative site. I have passed it onto my daughter who has a rescue dog, now ten who still carries psychological scars from a horrendous past.
My old lady that was frightened of everything that clicked, cracked or exploded has never needed her T shirt again...............:Razz

DeHaviLand
18-Oct-08, 12:42
One of my girls gets into a right old state with thunder, fireworks and those horrible people that use rifles to shoot geese.......something that has helped is putting one of my old T shirts on her and she settles. Still doesn't like the cracks and bangs but at least she is calmer......worth a try........but I never let her see me smiling at the sight of her.:Razz

No-one uses rifles to shoot geese. Shotguns, yes, but not rifles. And you should refrain from calling people you dont know, horrible. You may not agree with what they do, but it is a legal and sustainable activity.[disgust]

teenybash
18-Oct-08, 13:14
No-one uses rifles to shoot geese. Shotguns, yes, but not rifles. And you should refrain from calling people you dont know, horrible. You may not agree with what they do, but it is a legal and sustainable activity.[disgust]

Rifles, shotguns makes no difference....................Please do not tell me what opinions I should or should not have or what words I should use for an abominable 'activity' that involves killing and the people who carry it out in the name of 'sport.'[evil]

DeHaviLand
18-Oct-08, 13:25
Rifles, shotguns makes no difference....................Please do not tell me what opinions I should or should not have or what words I should use for an abominable 'activity' that involves killing and the people who carry it out in the name of 'sport.'[evil]

Show me exactly where I said what opinions you were allowed to have? And try telling the police there is no difference between a shotgun and a rifle! In fact, why not use google and educate yourself?

teenybash
18-Oct-08, 13:57
Show me exactly where I said what opinions you were allowed to have? And try telling the police there is no difference between a shotgun and a rifle! In fact, why not use google and educate yourself?

Think you are having a bad hair day De Haviland and are nit picking furiously............ I have nothing to say to you on the subject of firearms.
Draw your horns in and think calm thoughts.......................;)