PDA

View Full Version : BT Yahoo Connection

Tosh
15-Oct-08, 21:40
Has any one else been having a problem with connecting to BT broadband? Called the number given, message says having problems hope to rectify soon. I use wireless with the white hub, keep losing connection & hub completely on both PC & laptop, used 2 different wireless connections. Hub is only a few months old.

Tristan
15-Oct-08, 21:53
Well if they are saying there is a problem, I would wait a day before you think there is a problem with the hub.

rfr10
15-Oct-08, 22:31
Has any one else been having a problem with connecting to BT broadband? Called the number given, message says having problems hope to rectify soon. I use wireless with the white hub, keep losing connection & hub completely on both PC & laptop, used 2 different wireless connections. Hub is only a few months old.

I have BT Broadband and have had no problems. Likely to be the fact that yours is a wireless connection. Maybe interferance.

Venture
15-Oct-08, 22:34

So glad to hear that someone else is having the same problems. It's been driving me up the wall. I can loose the connection sometimes about 20 times in a night. Sometimes it lasts about half an hour other times it's just for seconds and then comes back. I actually thought it was just my hub playing up. I'm with Bt Yahoo as well and have both PC and laptop with wireless connection through the white hub also.

kriklah
15-Oct-08, 22:44
ive got bt broadband with hub and had no problems, got a pc, and 2 laptops wireless and 1 laptop wired to the hub. only trouble weve had is with the wired laptop but since its so old its steam driven its to be expected:lol:

i had problems a couple of months ago, where i lost connection altogether, it was down 24 hours when i phoned them, was told there was a local area fault, to swtich off hub for couple hours then try again, no joy so phone again, had to wire in, and had remote assistant take over and check all settings,(though once id wired it i could have sorted the rest myself) and been ok since.

purplelady
15-Oct-08, 23:10
Am on bt yahoo having on problems either have a pc and a laptop on it wireless with the white hub

hotrod4
16-Oct-08, 06:08
Have noticed this last while that the connection seems to "hang" slightly every now and again. Find it worse during "normal" hours but no problems during the "twilight" hours.
Thought maybe BT were trying to Throttle me again as I am on Unlimited downloads but have noticed Throttling is occuring!! Thought it was just me but obviously not!!! (Dont have the Hub as I found it full of connection problems)

Tried some speed tests at random times with same equipment on same test server.

Results varied from a low 356 kb's to 5643 kb's so wonder if BT ARE throttling?

youoldduffer
16-Oct-08, 09:33
I've been having the same connection problems, though not connected through wireless I go through the hub (black one).

Bad Manners
16-Oct-08, 09:44
I am on the BT white hub but all can be fine for days on end then you have two or three days when the connection is lost every other five minuites or so flipping anoying when you are trying to get something done on a deadline. We have often put it down to the fact that we are in the country side and therefore have a weaker connection but maybe not.

Mizpah
16-Oct-08, 14:44
I am on the BT white hub but all can be fine for days on end then you have two or three days when the connection is lost every other five minuites or so flipping anoying when you are trying to get something done on a deadline. We have often put it down to the fact that we are in the country side and therefore have a weaker connection but maybe not.

:lol: I have been with BT Total Broadband for nearly six months an use their white wirless router and it has been really great and dont remember being off line since I joined them.

hotrod4
17-Oct-08, 06:23
Yet another morning where I wake up and my connection is down. I think it may have something to do with downloads.
I am on "Unlimited" and until recently had no problems. Over the last few weeks have noticed intermittent "drop outs" especially after downloading. Looks like BT are Throttling my connection as well as some others on here. I fit doesnt stop will have to look for another provider which would be a shame as I have been with BT since Broadband was enabled up here.

evelyn
17-Oct-08, 11:05
Hmm.....my mum has been having connection problems with BT over the past few days.
We've been in touch with BT and spent ages trying out ways to rectify the problem, to no avail.
Was beginning to think it was her computer but now am not so sure....
evelyn

youoldduffer
17-Oct-08, 11:33
Yet another morning where I wake up and my connection is down. I think it may have something to do with downloads.
I am on "Unlimited" and until recently had no problems. Over the last few weeks have noticed intermittent "drop outs" especially after downloading. Looks like BT are Throttling my connection as well as some others on here. I fit doesnt stop will have to look for another provider which would be a shame as I have been with BT since Broadband was enabled up here.

Yeah me too, also planing on moving provider if this continues

ashaw1
17-Oct-08, 12:24

I use a wireless hub both at home and in the shop and have never had a problem.

hotrod4
17-Oct-08, 17:08
I use a wireless hub both at home and in the shop and have never had a problem.

But do you "always have it on"?
I think maybe because I have the PC on 24hrs and its always doing something that I would notice more than an "average" user.
I suppose if I used it less I wouldnt notice as it wouldnt be on so much.

BT will swear blind that nothing is wrong but there are too many people on here noticing drop_outs with the service. Reminds me of the old AOL 2 "Hour trick"where they would disconnect you if there was no mouse movement. (Got round that by installing a programme to automatically move my mouse every 90mins!!!!)

ashaw1
17-Oct-08, 21:56
But do you "always have it on"?
I think maybe because I have the PC on 24hrs and its always doing something that I would notice more than an "average" user.
I suppose if I used it less I wouldnt notice as it wouldnt be on so much.

BT will swear blind that nothing is wrong but there are too many people on here noticing drop_outs with the service. Reminds me of the old AOL 2 "Hour trick"where they would disconnect you if there was no mouse movement. (Got round that by installing a programme to automatically move my mouse every 90mins!!!!)

The pc in the house is always on as either myself, my husband or one of the kids is on it. The laptop in the shop is on constantly between 9am and 1pm. Have had a wireless hub in 3 different houses up here and back in Edinburgh and i have never had a problem at any time. The hub in the shop is new and the one at home is around 5 years old.