PDA

View Full Version : Academy v New Council Offices

daviddd
15-Oct-08, 21:18
I have read that there's a multi-billion$ plan to rebuild the Council Offices in Wick, but meanwhile the Wick Academy appears to be falling apart and is being ignored by the paymasters - how do you feel about this? If you had to choose between one or the other which would you go for? I know the present Council Offices are like a rabbit warren, but even so?.........................

rfr10
15-Oct-08, 21:21
I'm guessing by Academy you mean the school and not the football grounds?

I'd say a new school but at the same time I'd like to see the council offices done up to give the town centre of Wick a face lift. The school isn't and eyesore but the council offices are heading that way.

Moira
15-Oct-08, 22:22
daviddd, we dont trade $'s in Caithness, yet. If you wish to set up a poll, at least make it meaningful, please?

Moira
15-Oct-08, 22:31
I'm guessing by Academy you mean the school and not the football grounds?

I'd say a new school but at the same time I'd like to see the council offices done up to give the town centre of Wick a face lift. The school isn't and eyesore but the council offices are heading that way.

Do you mean Wick High School?

rfr10
15-Oct-08, 22:33
Do you mean Wick High School?

That's what I'm meaning yes. Am I misunderstanding? By Wick Academy, I'd be thinking of the football grounds or possibly Pulteneytown Academy but as far as I know, it's only the high school that's falling apart.

Tristan
15-Oct-08, 22:37
daviddd, we dont trade $'s in Caithness, yet. If you wish to set up a poll, at least make it meaningful, please?

$£? so it is either over price or half the cost - still a good idea for a poll.

DeHaviLand
15-Oct-08, 22:46
Tad pernickety there Moira. And we thought it was only the spelling police we had to look out for.

Venture
15-Oct-08, 22:51
I understood the council offices as they stand at the moment are to be refurbished and improved. Other departments, ie social work and education based in different parts of the town will be brought together under one roof in the Market Square. Is it not the case that the present staff are shortly due to relocate to the vacant DHSS premises while the work is being done?

I don't see the point in having a poll when the decision has already been taken on where the money is to be spent. Education up against plush new offices for council staff. Who are you trying to kid? No contest there I'm afraid. How dare we even think that children should be taught in a building that is fit for 21st century education.

You don't need me to say where I think the money should have gone.

rfr10
15-Oct-08, 22:57
Someone go and take a crane to Dingwall and lift the school over to Wick. Would that be classed as theft?

Moira
15-Oct-08, 22:59
That's what I'm meaning yes. Am I misunderstanding? By Wick Academy, I'd be thinking of the football grounds or possibly Pulteneytown Academy but as far as I know, it's only the high school that's falling apart.

Thanks rfr10. That's exactly what I was meaning too. Wick High School!

Moira
15-Oct-08, 23:20
Tad pernickety there Moira. And we thought it was only the spelling police we had to look out for.

You obviously know me better than this. Tad was not the question. Do you know the answer?

DeHaviLand
15-Oct-08, 23:45
You obviously know me better than this. Tad was not the question. Do you know the answer?

Better than what? Tad is not a question. There is no answer, merely a result.

floyed
16-Oct-08, 08:11

Very picky Moira no need for that!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Oct-08, 22:14
Schools are judged by performance of the students not by its concrete blocks.A new council office in favour of a school?Mmmmm.....its a toughy?Naw I think the future is always better than the past.The school is an old lady and she's showing it.I personally think she needs a re-vamp,not botox but a major boob lift.Its not a new school Wick needs,just for some major money to be put in to this old lady to keep her going.

2little2late
17-Oct-08, 22:40
I voted for New Council Offices, thinking You were on about the football club!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Oct-08, 22:46
I voted for New Council Offices, thinking You were on about the football club!

I could be wrong.But a school after primary was always known as an Academy where I was brought up.High School is an American saying.So daviddd to me was speaking about the school.How are Wick Academy struggling,if they go down to Edinburgh in the next round and tan their ars.........behinds then the scorries go through.

TBH
17-Oct-08, 22:54
I could be wrong.But a school after primary was always known as an Academy where I was brought up.High School is an American saying.So daviddd to me was speaking about the school.How are Wick Academy struggling,if they go down to Edinburgh in the next round and tan their ars.........behinds then the scorries go through.Pulteneytown Academy has always been known to me as The Academy school, Wick High has always been known to me as the High School.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Oct-08, 23:05
Pulteneytown Academy has always been known to me as The Academy school, Wick High has always been known to me as the High School.

For me,Academy was a High School.In Caithness I know it differs.I've rearranged myself to a new culture.I've not put my rearranging into Caithness,but Caithness putting the reaaranging into me.Daviddd still meant the school not the fitbaw team.Ye havnae said to me whit ye thought deserved the money though?

TBH
17-Oct-08, 23:13
For me,Academy was a High School.In Caithness I know it differs.I've rearranged myself to a new culture.I've not put my rearranging into Caithness,but Caithness putting the reaaranging into me.Daviddd still meant the school not the fitbaw team.Ye havnae said to me whit ye thought deserved the money though?I'm not actualy sure, Cedric. Nothing has been mentioned on here about the structural condition of Pultenytown Academy school so I have to assume that it is in a decent condition. My vote would go to the council offices.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Oct-08, 23:47
I'm not actualy sure, Cedric. Nothing has been mentioned on here about the structural condition of Pultenytown Academy school so I have to assume that it is in a decent condition. My vote would go to the council offices.

Ye brought up Pultneytoon Academy.Look back to the start of the thread.Honestly TBH,ye really do have to catch up.I'm shocked.

TBH
18-Oct-08, 00:04
Ye brought up Pultneytoon Academy.Look back to the start of the thread.Honestly TBH,ye really do have to catch up.I'm shocked.The start of the thread mentioned Wick Academy, I assumed it was Pulteneytown acadedemy and the op got confused between Wick and Pulteneytown.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 00:13
The start of the thread mentioned Wick Academy, I assumed it was Pulteneytown acadedemy and the op got confused between Wick and Pulteneytown.

If Davidd was talking about Wick Academy he would have went into the sport section.Wick Academy meant the school.Wait a minute though.If this was the reason,would a moderator not have put this post into the sport section.But the mod slagged the orger off.Thats why I tune into Caithness Org every noo and again,ye never know whit yer gonnae get.

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 00:25
Was it picky to pick holes in the poll?

The OP brought up a football club when he meant a high school.

He used a dollar sign when he meant a pound sign.

He said billions of dollars would be spent on council offices when he meant millions of dollars, a mere thousand times less.

Was it picky? Yes, maybe. Was it deserved? Dunno. Ok, all right, I'll express an opinion. Yes, it was deserved. Probably....

Moi x

PS I voted for the council offices, I don't want millions of pounds of public money spent on a football club.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 00:54
It wisnae deserved.Cos forums live on threads.Daviddd made one.Ye got a debate going.I salute ye.Ye'll have bam pots like me replying.Ye'll have yer speller checkers,yer grammar gods and yer accent elitists.

At least he created a thread.I knew what ye wir meaning.

TBH
18-Oct-08, 01:00
If Davidd was talking about Wick Academy he would have went into the sport section.Wick Academy meant the school.Wait a minute though.If this was the reason,would a moderator not have put this post into the sport section.But the mod slagged the orger off.Thats why I tune into Caithness Org every noo and again,ye never know whit yer gonnae get.No, he wasn't taling about Wick academy the football club, he was Talking about a School, Wick Academy, meaning pulteneytown academy Or Wick high school is open to interpretation.

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:01
It wasn't much of a debate. Who was going to say they'd rather have millions of pounds of public money spent on council offices rather than a new high school for Wick? Not many, I bet.

God knows, the place needs some uplifting and a new building would be a damned good start.

Moi x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 01:08
No, he wasn't taling about Wick academy the football club, he was Talking about a School, Wick Academy, meaning pulteneytown academy Or Wick high school is open to interpretation.

Wick Academy,is a fitbaw team.Wick High School is the old lady needing a boob job in Wick.Academy is a step up from primary education in Scotland.You go from a primerian to an academic to a student.I couldnae care less.As long as The old lady gets her boob job and the Academy beat the City,I'll be happy.Will ye?:lol:

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:11
I could be wrong.But a school after primary was always known as an Academy where I was brought up.High School is an American saying.Cedric, where do you think the Americans got the expression High School from? It wis fae us ye daft een! ;)

Academy is a step up from primary education in Scotland.You go from a primerian to an academic to a student.It's easy seeing you weren't brought up in Wick! :lol:

Moi x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 01:25
I wisnae brought up in Wick.:lol:

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:28
I wisnae brought up in Wick.:lol:I can see that! :lol:

Moi x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 01:30
I can see that! :lol:

Moi x

Hows that.Is it cos I is South of the Ord?:lol:

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:40
Hows that.Is it cos I is South of the Ord?:lol:No, it's because every Wicker knows an academy is either a primary school or a football club. ;)

Moi x

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Oct-08, 01:44
No, it's because every Wicker knows an academy is either a primary school or a football club. ;)

Moi x

So I am not a Wicker.Boo-hoo!!I live with three so they'll keep me right.:lol:

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 01:49
So I am not a Wicker.Boo-hoo!!I live with three so they'll keep me right.:lol:I'm not a Wicker either and I've never lived with one so you're doing better than me! :lol:

Moi x

loobyloo
19-Oct-08, 02:31
Well, I voted for the academy, thinking it was the high school....but I take it back if it isn't....if you see what I mean

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 12:50
We should "donate" all our taxes so that all the councillors have somewhere warm to park their "overworked" posteriors!

After all they need all our taxes to pay for their coffees and "entertainment" expenses and courses on how to open a letter safely ;)

Who needs a school anyway its just a big "financial drain" on the system :(

hotrod4
19-Oct-08, 12:52
If Davidd was talking about Wick Academy he would have went into the sport section.Wick Academy meant the school.Wait a minute though.If this was the reason,would a moderator not have put this post into the sport section.But the mod slagged the orger off.Thats why I tune into Caithness Org every noo and again,ye never know whit yer gonnae get. An Infraction???? ;)

sweetpea
21-Oct-08, 22:27
I'd vote for a new footie team, then we could alll become WAGS, Yeah hey! :eek: