PDA

View Full Version : best places to eat in wick

mrsbaghdaddy
15-Oct-08, 20:44
can anyone tell me please the best places to go and have a nice meal in wick as i am new to the area ty

footie chick
15-Oct-08, 22:06
Has to be the Harbour Cafe

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=53907

scorpion
15-Oct-08, 22:20
Nethercliffe hotel ,luvly food

cat
15-Oct-08, 22:26
if its a realy nice meal then it has to be the french resturant:)

Twixy
16-Oct-08, 09:00
Yes totally agree had a very nice meal in the French Resturaunt on Saturday night

Blondie
16-Oct-08, 09:06
It is nice food but they need to start serving something other than that potato slices in cream, and that boring veg. Its been the same potatoes and veg for years now!

No 1 Bistro is far superior IMO.

youoldduffer
16-Oct-08, 11:30
No 1 Bistro is defo good food, but you do need to book as it can get quite busy.

EmZ
16-Oct-08, 11:35
i like weathrspoons, i was there last saturday that's just past. the food is served much much quicker now and the food is delicious... mmmm mmmm mmmm.....:Razz

ber219
16-Oct-08, 16:32
No 1 Bistro (Mackays) the best place by far and you will always get a warm welcome from Murray

Blondie
16-Oct-08, 16:37
Murray always comes around the tables and asks how you are and is everthing okay (well everytime I have been there).

How many owners do that?

ber219
16-Oct-08, 16:54
Not many, the only other owner that used to do that and more was Gerry Henderson when he had the Portlands, you couldn't have been made more welcome.

Ash
16-Oct-08, 17:48
i like weathrspoons, i was there last saturday that's just past. the food is served much much quicker now and the food is delicious... mmmm mmmm mmmm.....:Razz

sorry but wouldnt recommend them unless its something frozen and heated up you want

janemac
17-Oct-08, 09:24
Got to be The Harbour Cafe in Wick.
Food delicious, huuuge portions and homebaked cakes. Delicious and great value!
:Razz

mrsbaghdaddy
17-Oct-08, 14:37
thanks for all your replies and reccommendationds, i decided to go and try out the SILVER DARLINGS, a few friends told me they have a new chef, so i went there first i think it will be the frenchie next, but all i will say is that the silver darlings was more and better than expected, great food with a more than adequate service.

henry20
17-Oct-08, 14:52
Murray always comes around the tables and asks how you are and is everthing okay (well everytime I have been there).

How many owners do that?

French Restaurant does this too - or has every time I've been in.

As for their potatoes, I love them - one of the reasons I go, not that I've been there in a while!

scottish_willow
17-Oct-08, 20:20
Wasn't all that impressed with the French Restaurant the one and only time I was there after all the good reports - would have been better heading to the K2. :Razz

Moi x
18-Oct-08, 00:43

As for their potatoes, I love them - one of the reasons I go, not that I've been there in a while!Me too.

I find the food in No 1 a bit, er, what? A bit too predictable?

I like, er, I've forgotten his name, the blokie that has the French place. What's his name? Someone help me, please!

Moi x

floyed
18-Oct-08, 07:30
I like the lunch box, the queens and Nethercliff for food. All serve lovely food and great staff.

Blondie
18-Oct-08, 11:42

As for their potatoes, I love them - one of the reasons I go, not that I've been there in a while!

Its not that I don't like them, I'm just bored with them. I tell you what is lovely in there is the House White Wine :)

Tackity Boo
18-Oct-08, 14:30
Agree with the comment about the boring vegetables and even the menu hasn't changed much since they opened, just an odd different sauce. What about seasonal fruits for puddings? It's not very authentic french cooking either and a little music or atmosphere would be good, especially at night. Having said that they are always pleasant, the place is clean and we have never had any ill effects.

Torvaig
18-Oct-08, 16:24
Me too.

I find the food in No 1 a bit, er, what? A bit too predictable?

I like, er, I've forgotten his name, the blokie that has the French place. What's his name? Someone help me, please!

Moi x

Danny and Janice have the Bord d'leau; and I love going there.....

Riffman
18-Oct-08, 19:09
Morag's in Wick market square is great for a wee lunch:D

Moi x
19-Oct-08, 00:37
Danny and Janice have the Bord d'leau; and I love going there.....Thanks! I remembered Danny this morning but I'd forgotten Janice. Doesn't he spell it Danni or Dani?

Moi x

Moi x
19-Oct-08, 00:45
Its not that I don't like them, I'm just bored with them. I tell you what is lovely in there is the House White Wine :)Aah, but is the white house wine good enough to tempt away a red wine drinker? A good red keeps the potatoes interesting, you should try it some time. :lol:

Moi x

Torvaig
19-Oct-08, 06:53
Thanks! I remembered Danny this morning but I'd forgotten Janice. Doesn't he spell it Danni or Dani?

Moi x

Don't know about that Moi; I've never asked for his autograph! ;)