PDA

View Full Version : Television Adverts

connieb19
15-Jan-06, 17:05
What adverts do people find funny, sad, or even makes you want to buy a product or ones that are really annoying???
I think the one for Diet Irn Bru is funny.
The ones for the SSPCA are really sad.
I can't be bothered with the ones for Insurance ect...

Saveman
15-Jan-06, 17:08
Seen one for Honda yesterday that was very good.
The Peter Kay ones are always a laugh.

The insurance ones are really annoying......you have people walking onto the screen at a funny angles as if they're going to walk on past the camera! Then they always say, "Did you know you could save money on your car insurance....." :p

porshiepoo
15-Jan-06, 17:22
Can;t think what the advert was for but the one where the woman is at the runway and gets bounced into the air when the plane wooshes by. So funny!

elaine
15-Jan-06, 17:25
Is the Honda one the one with choir doing the car sounds? That's my favourite at mo!

Saveman
15-Jan-06, 17:27
Is the Honda one the one with choir doing the car sounds? That's my favourite at mo!

Yeah thats the one. Just seen it for the first time yesterday.

Geo
I've loved the last three full length Honda adverts. Fantastic.

connieb19
All the sales ones on Boxing Day annoy me and the ones for weight watchers and diet food at this time of year!!

elaine
15-Jan-06, 17:33
and ads for exercise dvds - every celebrity and their auntie seem to have one out just now! oooo they bug me! grrrrrrr

Alice in Blunderland
15-Jan-06, 19:13
Love the sinex advert on tv.I can imagine me throwing a wobbler on the floor in the co-op a lot of parents can sympathise with this scenario one for the anti smacking brigade to watch.

Alice in Blunderland
15-Jan-06, 19:15
The renault one is brill the car looks better as a robot. :lol:

Big G
15-Jan-06, 21:25
my favourite advert of all is at xmas time - its the coca cola advert with the huge lorry and an old man and girl are looking out the window at it! i think it is so nice and the music gets me in the mood for xmas!

thickrodney
15-Jan-06, 22:57
cant beat a good cigar, hamlet.
adverts here.

http://www.absolutelyandy.com/tvadverts/

angela5
15-Jan-06, 23:17
Searching for cheaper car insurance confused.com that guy in the advert really annoys me.

All the adverts just before christmas it's sale sale sale.

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 02:01
The Yellow Pages adverts are always quite funny..:D

Nivelo
16-Jan-06, 02:18
Whats with the Sheilas wheels ad, honestly, who would trust a company with a name like that? grr lol
But there's one where a guy has just put in a lifting bar in a doorway and you think its gonna fall, but he just smackes his head off the roof is hilarious!

JAWS
16-Jan-06, 02:36
Sheilas wheels? Well the tunes catchy, but perhaps that's just me reliving my youth! :o
There was a car advert a while back with a car on a skating rink.
It had a very strident tune which pounded in my head. All it did was remind me what a terrible hangover felt like!

Fesman
16-Jan-06, 05:52
We had an ad for Toyota Hilux that was banned in NZ for a short time, till the courts ruled that a word used in it is not a profanity, but merely a New Zealand colloquialism.
The ad is hilarious and a link to it may be found here: http://www.gotournz.com/virtualvideo

Click the link in this part of the page:
"And by popular request the famous, or perhaps infamous, Toyota ad.
A true kiwi classic.
Movie .mov format, 1Mb. Mac and PC. Quicktime required."

The ad is still banned in Australia.

krieve
16-Jan-06, 10:37
I think its the tennants advert the vodoo one with the lady shaking the can and crushing it and throwing it.

badger
16-Jan-06, 13:56
Saw the Honda ad with the choir for the first time last night - it's amazing. Could be a programme by itself.

Fran
17-Jan-06, 00:59
i loved the old gas advert with the big dog, the cat and the mouse, plus the pg tips monkeys, all the animal ads are so good. i also like the scotsman advertising scottish beef. i see there is a carboard life size model of him in the butchers, i wonder if they would give it to me!!!!

connieb19
17-Jan-06, 01:03
i loved the old gas advert with the big dog, the cat and the mouse, plus the pg tips monkeys, all the animal ads are so good. i also like the scotsman advertising scottish beef. i see there is a carboard life size model of him in the butchers, i wonder if they would give it to me!!!!I quite like the cardboard blokie in the wallpaper shop....sad i know!!!!
Surely there has to be men who do look like them in real life somewhere!!:)