PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sad to see George W go?

Tristan
14-Oct-08, 21:20
Found this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1275000/images/_1275281_010413eeuu_analisis300.jpg
Who's On First for the Next Generation

George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?

Condi: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China.

George: Great. Lay it on me.

Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.

George: That's what I want to know.

and I wonder will anyone miss him and his policies?

joxville
14-Oct-08, 21:23
Anyone sad to see George W go?

Errr.............nope.

Kenn
14-Oct-08, 21:23
In the words of another American, "You cannot be serious!"

Bad Manners
14-Oct-08, 21:28
George who?

Tristan
14-Oct-08, 21:30
George who?

No,no, no "Hu is the new leader of China." :lol:

brandy
14-Oct-08, 21:39
roll in obama!

Angela
14-Oct-08, 21:50
Mrs Bush, maybe? All these years of retirement stretching ahead with him back home...:eek:

Or maybe he'll get onto the after dinner speech circuit? I wouldn't bank on it though! ;)

gleeber
14-Oct-08, 21:51
There was something about George Bush that attracted me to him in the days following the September 11 attacks. He appeared human for a while and, I believe, helped the American people through a crisis that had rocked them to their souls. The way he spoke, the way he related to ordinary people and the way he touched me at that time made me think he was a little bit special.
The world has gone through a lot of changes in his time. I dont hold him responsible but i'll be glad to see him go.

TBH
14-Oct-08, 22:07
His tenure has seen the securing control of Iraq's oil. Hussein wouldn't play ball, got too uppity trying to sell Iraq's oil in Euros which would have had repercussions for the petro-dollar. In some quarters a very successful Presidency.:roll:

Tristan
14-Oct-08, 22:21
His tenure has seen the securing control of Iraq's oil. Hussein wouldn't play ball, got too uppity trying to sell Iraq's oil in Euros which would have had repercussions for the petro-dollar. In some quarters a very successful Presidency.:roll:

Wasn't the Euro to Dollar issue the only thing that changed on the day he announced the war was over?

TBH
14-Oct-08, 22:31
Wasn't the Euro to Dollar issue the only thing that changed on the day he announced the war was over?You're not surprised are you?

Tristan
14-Oct-08, 22:34
You're not surprised are you?

Laff...not at all. Never trusted him, nor his reasons for starting the war. He has a lot to account for!

TBH
14-Oct-08, 22:47
Laff...not at all. Never trusted him, nor his reasons for starting the war. He has a lot to account for!He's a figure-head the same as Blair. There is plenty of guilt to go round, (if these people actualy have any), and plenty to take a portion of it.
Which gets me thinking, I know, it's a dangerous thing for me. What if we were told the truth from the start, would we have objected to a war that benefits us, i.e, a supply of crude oil to meet our needs or would the vast profits made by our countries have tugged at our concience.

joxville
14-Oct-08, 22:53
He's a figure-head the same as Blair. There is plenty of guilt to go round, (if these people actualy have any), and plenty to take a portion of it.

Blair would have gone along anyway, regardless of who was President. Blair and his Wicked Witch really were two with their eyes on the main chance, who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing. Good riddance to them and Bush.

teenybash
14-Oct-08, 23:00
George W who......?:confused

TBH
14-Oct-08, 23:04
Blair would have gone along anyway, regardless of who was President. Blair and his Wicked Witch really were two with their eyes on the main chance, who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing. Good riddance to them and Bush.Isn't Blair being rewarded for his duplicity. The truth will out an snivelling sycophants like Blair will be brought to book for their actions.

I am sure http://www.felcopruners.net/images/Melon%20Charentais%20Hybrid.jpghttp://www.dog-breeds-explained.info/images/collie.jpghttp://www.bramwellcrafts.co.uk/upload_images/37-1084%20Man%20Sign_t.jpg Would agree.

joxville
14-Oct-08, 23:07
Isn't Blair being rewarded for his duplicity. The truth will out an snivelling sycophants like Blair will be brought to book for their actions.

I am sure http://www.felcopruners.net/images/Melon%20Charentais%20Hybrid.jpghttp://www.dog-breeds-explained.info/images/collie.jpghttp://www.bramwellcrafts.co.uk/upload_images/37-1084%20Man%20Sign_t.jpg Would agree.

He's been rather quiet I notice-is he on holiday or had enough of us?

ciderally
14-Oct-08, 23:09
NO .....wont be sorry to get rid

Torvaig
14-Oct-08, 23:11
Shhh......I think he has been suspended......

George Brims
14-Oct-08, 23:51
Professional comedians will probably miss him. So much ready-made material...

Shabbychic
15-Oct-08, 00:18
I'll miss the out-takes of all his bloomers. Maybe he could team up with Jim Carrey, and make another Dumb and Dumber.

htwood
15-Oct-08, 00:35
I'm counting the days until he slinks back to his ranch in Texas and hides under a tumbleweed. It's been a very painful 8 years, watching constitutional rights get hammered, being spied upon in our own homes, seeing abuse after abuse of power, trillions of dollars flushed down Iraq's toilet and tens of thousands of permanently disabled vets to care for. Millions without health care, yet we get to see the results of GW's colonoscopy on the front page of the newspaper. No hopes of Social Security being secure when we retire, yet we know GW will have Secret Service protection even if he goes into town to buy beer.
Eh, I'd say, "dont get me started", but I started this myself LOL

_Ju_
15-Oct-08, 06:40
in the days following the September 11 attacks. He appeared human for a while and, I believe, helped the American people through a crisis that had rocked them to their souls. The way he spoke, the way he related to ordinary people and the way he touched me at that time made me think he was a little bit special.

Strange, his reaction when told that the planes had crashed into the twin towers and pentagon lead me to believe he was even less human than I thought possible (especially when he was probably advised before arriving at the school for the reading, as is sugested by many/most). Not that I would expect the president of a country to get hysterical, but prompt action would be necessary if your country had just had a declaration of (terrorist) war against it. Anything he said to rally people around this crisis afterwards was scripted (in other words: G.W didn't think it, he just "parroted" it). The one unscripted thing that he has said about 9/11 also reflects his lack of depth: "It was an interesting day".
The public person who I think did alot to help people through this was the NY mayor, Gulliani.

hotrod4
15-Oct-08, 06:47
Even though I agreed with Iraq and a few other things he did, I do feel that he didnt have a clue what it was all about. He always reminded me of the spitting image character of Ronnie Reagan where "The presidents brain is missing" was the long running joke!! ;)

He just seemed to do as he was told by his advisors and feel they had more knowledge of whats going on rather than him. He dropped more clangers than any other public figure I have ever seen.

hotrod4
15-Oct-08, 06:48
I'll miss the out-takes of all his bloomers. Maybe he could team up with Jim Carrey, and make another Dumb and Dumber.

MM or George W?

Personally I would miss MM more than I would miss George W!!!!!! ;)

gleeber
15-Oct-08, 07:18
Strange, his reaction when told that the planes had crashed into the twin towers and pentagon lead me to believe he was even less human than I thought possible (especially when he was probably advised before arriving at the school for the reading, as is sugested by many/most). Not that I would expect the president of a country to get hysterical, but prompt action would be necessary if your country had just had a declaration of (terrorist) war against it. Anything he said to rally people around this crisis afterwards was scripted (in other words: G.W didn't think it, he just "parroted" it). The one unscripted thing that he has said about 9/11 also reflects his lack of depth: "It was an interesting day".
The public person who I think did alot to help people through this was the NY mayor, Gulliani.
You obviously have a more informed perspective of the situation. If I knew what you know I may well agree with you. However those were my feelings at the time. Still are in fact as close as i can remember feelings from 7 years ago. If I was to find out tomorrow that some of the conspiracy theorists were only half right I may forget those feelings for something more akin to the flavour of the rest of this thread. Until then I will remember how I felt towards Mr Bush at that time and seperate that from how I feel towards him now which is heavily influenced by the thoughts of others.
As for Mr Gulliani. I agree, he did his bit too. So did millions of other Americans. If I was as cynical towards mayor Gulliani as others are towards Mr Bush I could say that the mayor was using that situation to enhance his political aims and from my experience of human behaviour there's no way anyone could convince me that the mayor did'nt see it as an opportunity and behaved accordingly. Of course I would'nt say it. Does'nt stop me from thinking it though. Did I just say that?

brandy
15-Oct-08, 08:37
at least ronald reagan had an exscuse why he was batty at the end.. wonder if anyone has looked into bush's mental health? or would that go against the patriot act?
the man is a menace to society and i for one will be throwing an good riddance bush party on nov. 5th! any one wanna come?!
but seriously.... he has done some really stupid things and made some of the most inane speeches in the history of man kind.
seriously the man has used more vetos than any other president in US history, and on things that should have never been veto'ed
the one that really made steam come out of my ears was the proposal that passed with mass approval by both democrats and republicans where all children would recive medical care. no matter what the parents earnings. if a middle class family that made to much for medicare or gov. help but not enough to afford private insurance would still be able to have any children seen and cared for. without struggling for costs (kind of a NHS for kids)
but he shot it down in flames and turned around with both hands out for more money for the "war effort"

Valerie Campbell
15-Oct-08, 10:21
Nope, he said from the outset he was going to cause trouble and he's been true to his word. Hope he enjoys his retirement as a cowboy in Texas.

Tilter
15-Oct-08, 20:01
Anyone sad to see George W go?

Errr.............nope.

Me neither. But what if it gets worse? McCain/Palin would be worse. We could end up wishing George W was back. At least he was so dumb he couldn't think for himself and had to listen to advisors.

Tristan
15-Oct-08, 21:17
Yea but his advisers have not put us on the best footing have they?

daviddd
15-Oct-08, 21:26
He has to be the most useless president to date - good riddance. He makes a mockery of democracy and western ideology.

badger
15-Oct-08, 22:17
Me neither. But what if it gets worse? McCain/Palin would be worse. We could end up wishing George W was back. At least he was so dumb he couldn't think for himself and had to listen to advisors.

Palin would definitely be worse. A few months ago I would not have thought anyone could be worse than George W but now - can you imagine if McCain got elected and then got sick so we had Palin in charge? What was McCain thinking of?

Tristan
15-Oct-08, 22:22
Good looking, very conservative, create some interest grab the votes. She does all of those fairly well.

Tilter
15-Oct-08, 22:32
Good looking, very conservative, create some interest grab the votes. She does all of those fairly well.

You left out totally barking mad. Unfortunately she appeals to the very worst types of Republicans and not the decent ones.

George Brims
15-Oct-08, 23:28
Fortunately she only seemed to do the last one for a short while. Once people got to know more about her, the bloom went off the rose pretty fast. Now the pair of them are left preaching to the choir of the far right who would vote for them anyway, have alienated the center who had not yet made up their minds, and invigorated the left who are working harder than ever to make sure they don't get elected.

Oh and I am not that convinced she is particularly "good looking". Not to my taste at all.

sassylass
16-Oct-08, 01:55
snip
Oh and I am not that convinced she is particularly "good looking". Not to my taste at all.

Are we meant to read that "Other half and I are not convinced she is particularly 'good looking'"?

Sporran
16-Oct-08, 05:50
My husband and sons think Sarah Palin is good looking, and I don't disagree. However, that's not enough to get their vote.

As for President Bush, we'll all be glad to see the back of him! Had John Kerry been elected four years ago, we might have been in a much better state of affairs today.

Tristan
16-Oct-08, 06:56
Fortunately she only seemed to do the last one for a short while. Once people got to know more about her, the bloom went off the rose pretty fast. Now the pair of them are left preaching to the choir of the far right who would vote for them anyway, have alienated the center who had not yet made up their minds, and invigorated the left who are working harder than ever to make sure they don't get elected.

Not to my taste either, but she break the usual capital hill mold.