PDA

View Full Version : *viewfirth*skinandis *st clair*

thickrodney
15-Jan-06, 16:54
any truth in the rumour that brian cardosi has sold the st clair to the station hotel people and is selling skinandis.
And is then going to buy the viewfirth.

??

Saveman
15-Jan-06, 17:13
Rumours are usually short and sweet, but thats a long complicated rumour!
Must be true!

pedromcgrory
15-Jan-06, 17:47
st clair is sold to station owner i heard few weeks ago ,it would be more ideal i guess for coach parties in summer etc ,

janette
15-Jan-06, 19:15
Cardosi's showed an interest in Viewfirth some years ago. It was all very hush hush at that time.

theone
16-Jan-06, 02:16
Selling Skinandis would be an act of business stupidity, and thats not something you normally associate Brian with!

Assuming there's 500 people in there on a Saturday paying 7 pounds each thats £3500 BEFORE anyone buys a drink. And the stupid "in by 12" rule that the licensing board demanded means those 500 people are drinking for a minimum of 2 hours each.

Skinandis has the drinking Monopoly in Thurso and to give that up would be madness.

I do believe the St Clair is changing hands this week though.

smith2585
16-Jan-06, 02:31
very well said
i agree

webmannie
16-Jan-06, 08:13
The St Clair and business stupidity, that's an oxymoron!

Loafer
16-Jan-06, 09:52
This one, I suspect, is absolute rubbish!! The Viewfirth building is good for one thing and one thing only. Demolition. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely building and I would hate to see it go, but it has had so many alterations done to it over the years (many unauthorised) that it is basically falling down. I was on the committee in 1991 and even then £125k was required to bring it up to scratch. Add inflation and the way the cost of building supplies, repairs etc seem to rise, it would be nearer £500k I reckon.

Not a great investment by Cardosi, UNLESS he is moving into property development and intends to bulldoze it and build houses himself???

There another rumour for you!!

The Loafer

Jeid
16-Jan-06, 13:00
The St Clair changes hands on Tuesday or Wednesday. That is 100% official.

Brian is not selling Skinandi's and I'm about 99.9% certain that that's official too.

Buying the Viewfirth? You're having a laugh! He's not that stupid!

janette
16-Jan-06, 13:17
How much I agree with you Loafer. A building neglected, full of dry rot and woodworm. The insulation between the floors is coke from the old gas works in Thurso, and it stinks. There is only one room used upstairs, the rest are in a state of disrepair. Has anyone noticed that the chimney cans were removed about 5 years ago.

But as in a previous posting, the cardosi family did show and interest some years ago and were looking around the place.

The Sports Council planned a great development, but that came to nothing as funding was tied up for 5 years in advance. At that time to knock the place down and be ready for development, would cost two hundred thousand.