PDA

View Full Version : Car Trouble.

grumpy1
14-Oct-08, 13:02
Q, When does a Corsa become a Robin Reliant?
A, When the wheel falls off the car on the A9 doing 50 mile per hr..

this may seem funny but thats exactly what happened to me on my way to scarborough..talk about stone mad i just had the car seviced to the value of nearly £300, for the wheel to come off at the hub, so thats what being careful get ya, a three wheeled car, 3 hysterical kids in the back, and a holiday up the swannie....

on the bright side no one was hurt an we found the wheel down a ditch :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bad Manners
14-Oct-08, 14:00
Looking on the good side at least no one was hurt but it is a scarry thing I had the front wheel of a full laden truck come off whilst going down the A9 it turned the seat a strange shade of brown but again no one was hurt a mechanic had failed to have the tension checked on the wheel studs so when I had to brake for a deer that ran out in front of me the wheel came off and sent my hurtling towards the otherside of the road lucky it was three am and not much traffic around.

carasmam
14-Oct-08, 14:55
Glad no-one was hurt. Such a shame about your holiday though.
I can go one better though, the front wheel fell off my Robin Reliant halfway down The Cliff Rd on County Show day many moons ago :eek:

grumpy1
14-Oct-08, 20:55
Looking on the good side at least no one was hurt but it is a scarry thing I had the front wheel of a full laden truck come off whilst going down the A9 it turned the seat a strange shade of brown but again no one was hurt a mechanic had failed to have the tension checked on the wheel studs so when I had to brake for a deer that ran out in front of me the wheel came off and sent my hurtling towards the otherside of the road lucky it was three am and not much traffic around.

aye it looking like mechanic error here the main wheel nut not tightened properly after back wheel bearing were replaced.....:mad:

joxville
14-Oct-08, 21:21
Please note: The car is built by Reliant and called Robin, ergo Reliant Robin. I shall now get of my horse high. [lol]

twiglet
14-Oct-08, 21:38
Just out of interest, who serviced it?

joxville
14-Oct-08, 22:01

So you know who to avoid? :)

balto
14-Oct-08, 22:13
Q, When does a Corsa become a Robin Reliant?
A, When the wheel falls off the car on the A9 doing 50 mile per hr..

this may seem funny but thats exactly what happened to me on my way to scarborough..talk about stone mad i just had the car seviced to the value of nearly £300, for the wheel to come off at the hub, so thats what being careful get ya, a three wheeled car, 3 hysterical kids in the back, and a holiday up the swannie....

on the bright side no one was hurt an we found the wheel down a ditch
hey wheres my postcard form your little holiday lol. sorry you know i am only joking lol.

unicornleather
14-Oct-08, 22:49
I'm with Joxville on this one, why DO people call them Robin Reliants and not the right way round??
You don't call your car Corsa Vauxhall?
:)

George Brims
15-Oct-08, 00:28
Maybe they put the badges on the back with the "Robin" one on the left?

I remember Jasper Carrot saying every Reliant Robin owner's ambition in life was to get a speeding ticket. "Slipstreaming off a milk cart going down a steep hill"

joxville
15-Oct-08, 00:30
They should still know the manufacturer of their car.

Kevin Milkins
15-Oct-08, 00:40
I heared a story once of a guy who took his Reliant Robin to the garage because the exaust was loose.
The mechanic told him to put it over the pit and he would have a look at it when he had finished the job he was doing.
:eek::eek:Bang crash and much flying of fibre glass and the mechanic says "no I meant reverse it over the pit.":lol:

hotrod4
15-Oct-08, 06:59
Hope this wasnt from the same place a mate of mine went to.
He got his new tyres put back on but found the car handled terrible. A few people flashed at him so he pulled over and found the front wheel loose, It hadnt even been tightened!!!!!.
Luckily he was in a built up area but anything could have happened.
I always like to walk round the car before i get in "Just in case" It makes me feel safer!!

grumpy1
15-Oct-08, 09:43
hey wheres my postcard form your little holiday lol. sorry you know i am only joking lol.

i,ll get u nice one from thurso i hear its nice this time of year LOL[lol]

grumpy1
15-Oct-08, 09:47

i can't really say as were in the process of trying to sort something out but trust me i would like to shout the name from the rooftops.. all i can say is i won't be recomending them any time soon

balto
16-Oct-08, 12:47
i can't really say as were in the process of trying to sort something out but trust me i would like to shout the name from the rooftops.. all i can say is i won't be recomending them any time soon
hope the person that did it see's sense and does the right thing by you, because at the end of the day if it was their error then they will come of the loser. goodluck.