PDA

View Full Version : chat room

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 23:42
The chat room is an underused facility on this website IMHO.

I'll just sit there by myself for a while....
:)

golach
15-Jan-06, 11:42
The chat room is an underused facility on this website IMHO.

I'll just sit there by myself for a while....
:)
Savey, there are a buch of regular chatters from Week till the English Channel and even further Canada, California & Oz. You have to remember there are time differences here. its a bit of a long shot but try around 19:30 or 22:00 UK time

ice box
21-Jan-06, 00:02
Golach i would if i could get in but the password dosent seem to work i have tried on a number of time and the same just keeps happening you have inter a invalid password so i have given up i see iam not the only one that this happens to i see that krieve has the same problem as you are a trusted member may be you could do something about it as it always seem to work for you .

Saveman
21-Jan-06, 01:02
Apologies to anyone who tried to talk to me tonight on the chatroom.....I wasn't ignoring you, my PC was playing up.........basically technology is to blame. :)

golach
21-Jan-06, 12:07
Golach i would if i could get in but the password dosent seem to work i have tried on a number of time and the same just keeps happening you have inter a invalid password so i have given up i see iam not the only one that this happens to i see that krieve has the same problem as you are a trusted member may be you could do something about it as it always seem to work for you .
Icebox, you have to register to get into the chat room and create another password, Go to the chat room page and under account management click "register" then follow the links, its as easy as that

Moira
23-Jan-06, 00:12
Do you all use the same names as on the main forum but with a different password? I think I've been in the Chatroom once but can't remember for the life of me what name I registered under. Will give it a go in time for next week's BIG QUIZ :D

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 00:15
I've tried tonight numerous times but can't get in :confused:
I hope I manage in time for the quiz..:D

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 02:08
I have now registered and been sent the email with the password but when I try to log in it just keeps on saying invalid password!!!:confused: :(

Moira
23-Jan-06, 02:09
Connie - what sort of error messages were you getting? I've tried registering tonight too - unsuccessfully. Apparently my username is already in use - so I can only assume I'm not using the right password. Will pm Niall to see if the username is mine & if he'll send me a reminder of my original password

Moira
23-Jan-06, 02:11
OMG - Spooky or what! We posted at the same time

Is the password "case sensitive" - check you haven't got CAP locks on.

William
23-Jan-06, 02:20
Went in there for the first time tonight and i think i will definatly go back on :) it was good talking to every one

Moira
23-Jan-06, 02:52
Are you going for the Quiz night next Sunday then, William?

lassieinfife
23-Jan-06, 10:15
I've tried tonight numerous times but can't get in :confused:
I hope I manage in time for the quiz..:D

connie if you are on aol you have to to in to chat room through roundabout method

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 20:02
connie if you are on aol you have to to in to chat room through roundabout methodthanks lassieinfife, I am on AOL, any idea what it is I have to do to get in?? :confused: :D

lassieinfife
23-Jan-06, 20:54
rightclick start>> click on open all users>>search>>search internet>>type in caithness.org click on chat room from drop down menu.... enter username and password......... hey presto u there...............typical of aol to make things difficult.... good luck

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 21:57
rightclick start>> click on open all users>>search>>search internet>>type in caithness.org click on chat room from drop down menu.... enter username and password......... hey presto u there...............typical of aol to make things difficult.... good luckOk i've tried this...but once I typed in caithness.org there wasn't an option for chat rooms in the drop down menu.... Grrrr.. it's driving me crazy..lol :roll:

krieve
24-Jan-06, 20:09
Ok i've tried this...but once I typed in caithness.org there wasn't an option for chat rooms in the drop down menu.... Grrrr.. it's driving me crazy..lol :roll:
Hi connie did you have any luck getting in to the chat rooms yet.

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 22:07
Hi connie did you have any luck getting in to the chat rooms yet.No I have managed to get to the chat rooms in this roundabout way but still saying invalid password.... grrrrr..lol:confused:

William
25-Jan-06, 00:54
Are you going for the Quiz night next Sunday then, William?

Nope unfortunatly :( i will be at work :roll:

wilma
28-Jan-06, 18:10
No I have managed to get to the chat rooms in this roundabout way but still saying invalid password.... grrrrr..lol:confused:
I have not be in that chat room yet speaking to anyone because every time i do go in there are no other users lol

connieb19
29-Jan-06, 17:37
rightclick start>> click on open all users>>search>>search internet>>type in caithness.org click on chat room from drop down menu.... enter username and password......... hey presto u there...............typical of aol to make things difficult.... good luckGrrrrrrrrr.... i have done this but there isnt an option for chat rooms only forums. Only 2 hours left to go now untill the quiz...help!!!:~(

Rheghead
29-Jan-06, 18:47
thanks lassieinfife, I am on AOL, any idea what it is I have to do to get in?? :confused: :D

Connie, I had the same problem as you when using AOL's browser. If you browse with Internet Explorer 5 then you will get into chatroom. IE5 should be seen on your desktop somewhere or in the start menu (bottom left). I hope this helps, it is a cookie problem I reckon :)

connieb19
29-Jan-06, 19:02
Connie, I had the same problem as you when using AOL's browser. If you browse with Internet Explorer 5 then you will get into chatroom. IE5 should be seen on your desktop somewhere or in the start menu (bottom left). I hope this helps, it is a cookie problem I reckon :)Thanks Rheghead, but i've tried this and theres not a link to take me to chatrooms, there is only links th the forums..:confused: Oh, ive just noticed there is now 3 hours until the quiz..lol..Last time i looked there was 2... I must be going back in time..maybe i was abducted by aliens..:eyes

Rheghead
29-Jan-06, 19:08
If you click on the orange drop down menu called 'caithness.org' on the caithness.org homepage, there should be a chatroom link there?:confused:

connieb19
29-Jan-06, 19:15
If you click on the orange drop down menu called 'caithness.org' on the caithness.org homepage, there should be a chatroom link there?:confused:WHOOPIE...............Thanks Rheghead, I owe you a pint..I can go to the quiz after all....:lol:

Rheghead
29-Jan-06, 19:17
WHOOPIE...............Thanks Rheghead, I owe you a pint..I can go to the quiz after all....:lol:

YIPPEEE!!!:lol: No problem!

golach
30-Jan-06, 02:12
Hey I enjoyed meeting you all it was a fun night.....let's keep it up

canuck
30-Jan-06, 04:36
You are right, it was a hoot. I was exhausted after that hour of fast flying fingers doing the quiz, but I had a smile on my face. I'm game for more.

Canuck