PDA

View Full Version : Raising A Glass In Wick

Bruce_H
13-Oct-08, 18:36
Seems that fortune has smiled on me, and I am going to find myself in Caithness for a few days at the end of the month. Being my first time visiting this fair land, anyone have suggestions on a good place to get a quick bite, or raise a glass in thanks for my good fortune?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Bruce H
San Diego, CA - USA

oldchemist
13-Oct-08, 19:41
You could try (in Wick) Mackay's Hotel, Nethercliffe Hotel, Bord de l'Eau French Restaurant. All excellent food and drink.:) Sure you will enjoy your visit - well perhaps not the weather.

Iffy
15-Oct-08, 14:59
Hi Bruce
Good to know you're coming to the beautiful country of Caithness!! :D My suggestion for an absolute fantastic place to eat - if you love seafood - would be The Captain's Galley at Scrabster near Thurso. Quite expensive but MORE than worth the money for a gorgeous meal that you won't forget !!

Hope you have a great time in God's Own Country!!:D

Murdina Bug
15-Oct-08, 16:35
If you are heading out to John O' Groats then don't miss The Old Schoolhouse restaurant - it's on the road to the Duncansby Stacks so you might as well take a stroll out there and work up an appetite beforehand.

Sorry - just saw that your thread title asked for places in Wick! In that case I would also recommend Mackay's or Bord de l'eau.

evelyn
15-Oct-08, 18:40
The Queens Hotel in Francis St Wick. Very recently refurbished dining lounge, very good food.

northener
15-Oct-08, 18:43
I'd say go with the ones above and you won't go far wrong.

Fly
15-Oct-08, 23:25
I'd recomend the St. Clair in Castletown:lol:

Bruce_H
16-Oct-08, 01:19
Wonderful responses all, I am really looking forward to my visit. If anyone sees a tall yank in town, feel free to come up and say hello, would love to meet and greet anyone from the ORG.

Bruce

The macs
17-Oct-08, 22:08
The St Clair in Castletown is amazing, food fab and very reasonable

2little2late
17-Oct-08, 22:47
Don't forget the Balti House on Wick's Bridge Street. [lol] [lol]

northener
18-Oct-08, 02:01
Wonderful responses all, I am really looking forward to my visit. If anyone sees a tall yank in town, feel free to come up and say hello, would love to meet and greet anyone from the ORG.

Bruce

Bruce, there are many tall people in Wick due to generations of eating fish heids. Please wear a stetson so we can recognise you...hang on though, theres so many C+W fans in Caithness you'd actually blend in if you did that.....

floyed
18-Oct-08, 07:32
I would say the nethercliff or the queens very taste food and lovely staff:D