PDA

View Full Version : Tesco opening hours today

Blondie
13-Oct-08, 08:58
Anyone know what time Tesco opens today? I was up at 8.45 and its closed. No signs up saying when it opens as far as I could see.
Pretty poor.
Tried phoning but just got a automated thing saying that there are no public holidays for the next 2 weeks. So whys it not open????

LMS
13-Oct-08, 09:32
I went online yesterday to do a Tesco.com shopping and there were no slots available for today.

Venture
13-Oct-08, 09:40
Today is classed as a Public Holiday. The store wasn't open until 9 am and closes today only at 4 pm.

balto
13-Oct-08, 09:49
I went online yesterday to do a Tesco.com shopping and there were no slots available for today.
aye same here, so annoying isnt it, i am sure the tesco in thurso was open unto 6 last monday when it was our local holiday.

the_big_mac
13-Oct-08, 09:53
Today is classed as a Public Holiday. The store wasn't open until 9 am and closes today only at 4 pm.

Mis information rife on the org again.

Its open to 10.

balto
13-Oct-08, 10:38

Its open to 10.
that makes sense as it is normally open unto 12 isnt it.

Dreamweaver
13-Oct-08, 12:10
Look out cos there's another public holiday on Friday 17th

balto
13-Oct-08, 12:26
why is this and is it wick or thurso

brokencross
13-Oct-08, 12:54
Down here, in advance of holidays where opening/closing times are to change, there are large banners proclaiming this in the car parking area and numerous signs within the store.

Dreamweaver
13-Oct-08, 14:34
It's definitely in Thurso maybe also Wick - but why I have no idea!! Does anyone else have a clue??

floyed
13-Oct-08, 15:02
So is Tesco's in Wick open today and when are they open till please?????:D

Venture
13-Oct-08, 15:27

Its open to 10.

Excuse me, I'm not in the habit of giving out mis-information. I telephoned Tesco this morning and this was the information I was given. Open from 9 am to 4 pm. It would now seem that the information I was given was wrong and having just been to the store I have been told that it closes at 10.

cd1977
13-Oct-08, 15:48
Excuse me, I'm not in the habit of giving out mis-information. I telephoned Tesco this morning and this was the information I was given. Open from 9 am to 4 pm. It would now seem that the information I was given was wrong and having just been to the store I have been told that it closes at 10.

Do you make a habit of phoning Tesco in the morning to check opening times?

the_big_mac
13-Oct-08, 15:49

Seems you were though. ;)

Geoff
13-Oct-08, 15:57
I know Tesco's is open tonight as I am working there at 5pm, see you at checkouts!

Geoff
13-Oct-08, 15:59
That's Wick store btw. I'm sure Thurso will be open too.

chocolatechip
13-Oct-08, 16:10
Thurso was open this afternoon as I was in there at lunch time with my mum:D and why is there so many public holidays it's a pain because no-with seems to know where they are with them. Whats the POINT?

floyed
13-Oct-08, 16:19

Thanks for the times:D

balto
13-Oct-08, 17:51
[quote=chocolatechip;444994]Thurso was open this afternoon as I was in there at lunch time with my mum:D and why is there so many public holidays it's a pain because no-with seems to know where they are with them. Whats the POINT?[/quote we had our local holiday in thurso last week, so i would hope that the thurso tesco was open this afternoon lol.

chocolatechip
13-Oct-08, 17:58
it was open! Why do we need so many holidays I mean 1 last week in Thurso an this week Wick and on the 17th yet another holiday thats 3 in a matter of a fews of each other it's daft! So this one on the 17th it will be both towns and no doubt both tesco will be shut

balto
13-Oct-08, 18:08
can someone please explain why there is a local holiday on the 17th as it is a friday it doesnt make sense as the last one was supposed to be the last one.

joxville
13-Oct-08, 21:49
can someone please explain why there is a local holiday on the 17th as it is a friday it doesnt make sense as the last one was supposed to be the last one.

The last one was the last one. The next one hasn't arrived yet so can't be the last one, once it's been then it will become the last one until the next one. Hope this clears up any confusion. [lol]

grumpy1
14-Oct-08, 12:48

well rest assured other than xmas an new yr were done with bank hols for this year..thats from one who works in thurso tesco lol:roll: