PDA

View Full Version : help !

percy toboggan
12-Oct-08, 17:41
I'm writing a book review and need the word passe ...means out of date or, old hat. How do you get that little symbol above the e on a qwerty pc keyboard?

thanks

Colin Manson
12-Oct-08, 17:46
ê ë è

alt +136
alt +137
alt +138

bekisman
12-Oct-08, 17:46
this one?; passé don't know Well done Colin!

percy toboggan
12-Oct-08, 18:01
thanks Colin, but that's the one bekisman - how did you do that?

yours, Baffled in Mancunia!

badger
12-Oct-08, 18:11
If you're using Word choose Symbol from the Insert menu and you should find any accented letter you want.

Colin Manson
12-Oct-08, 19:00
é is ALT + 130

Press and hold the ALT key then type 130 on your numeric keypad.

Metalattakk
12-Oct-08, 19:06
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

You can copy & paste from there.

bekisman
12-Oct-08, 20:04
"thanks Colin, but that's the one bekisman - how did you do that?"

Normally, being too fazed by technology I'll look up the word 'passe' on a Google dictionary, copy and paste into the correspondence/text I'm doing, and then continue to copy and paste each time.. labour intensive but then...

horseman
13-Oct-08, 03:03
Wonder what the hell they are on about;)

Moi x
13-Oct-08, 09:57
I'm writing a book review and need the word passe ...means out of date or, old hat. How do you get that little symbol above the e on a qwerty pc keyboard?

thanksWhat's the book percy? Anything we might be interested in?

Moi x

percy toboggan
13-Oct-08, 18:53
What's the book percy? Anything we might be interested in?

Moi x

Unlikely Moi x...it's Mike Summerbee's autobiography - he was a footballer, and a hero of mine in my early life.I have waited a long time for his story.

Thanks to all who helped...

gleeber
13-Oct-08, 19:05
Mike Summerbee was one of my favourite players. He played on the wing for city and had a few games for England I seem to recall. I met him once in Blackpool. He had a rough time.
I would buy the book as much for Percys review as for Mike Summerbees autobiography. Maybe a double signed copy is on the cards?

TBH
13-Oct-08, 19:44
Holding ctrl, alt then e gets the same result.

percy toboggan
14-Oct-08, 17:33
Mike Summerbee was one of my favourite players. He played on the wing for city and had a few games for England I seem to recall. I met him once in Blackpool. He had a rough time.
I would buy the book as much for Percys review as for Mike Summerbees autobiography. Maybe a double signed copy is on the cards?

Gleeber...you have fantastic taste in footballers!

If you like I can send you my review, just let me have your e.mail address in a pm.

Mike is a gent. I wrote to him (at length) recently and his response was more than generous.

TBH: thanks for the tip - it's been noted.