PDA

View Full Version : Zeppelin May Have Found Their Man?

bigbenjokazooie
12-Oct-08, 16:19
Hey,

As many of you know im quite a very big huge fan of Alter Bridge...iv posted on here a few times about them but no1 has really taken an interest...

Just thought use may like to read a few articles cirrculating the web these last few days regarding Alter Bridges singer Myles Kennedy alledgly being lined up to join Zeppelin(minus Plant) on tour.

About time this band and singer got some publicity!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106458

http://www.zmemusic.com/feature/news/led-zeppelin-to-reform-with-myles-kennedy-on-deck/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1796429.ece

Boozeburglar
14-Oct-08, 06:32
With all due respect to this guy, it would be a travesty to have the final hurrah of Zep Led by anyone but Plant.

Personally I think the band are past their sell by date anyway, and Jason Bonham is no replacement for his dad. They need to augment the band with some backing singers, a 2nd guitarist or even a third, a full time bass player and a decent drummer if they are going to rock the way they should.

:)

jings00
14-Oct-08, 14:12
Jimmy Page has done some Zep stuff with the Black Crowes,,,,sounded pretty good til me.
not that this is really anything to do with the original post.
soz.

Jeid
14-Oct-08, 19:35
The guy from Alter Bridge is a good singer... but tbh, I don't think he'd be that great at doing Led Zep songs. Besides, what's Led Zep without Plant AND Bonham? A cover band?

the_big_mac
14-Oct-08, 20:17
Am I missing something?

Last I heard, last week, they had all kissed and made up!

Im sure I read it in the paper.

cullpacket
14-Oct-08, 20:25
Seen Zep in Dec, once in a life time gig, won the tickets cannot be compared with seeing them when they made the music must have been leathal

bigbenjokazooie
14-Oct-08, 20:54
The guy from Alter Bridge is a good singer... but tbh, I don't think he'd be that great at doing Led Zep songs. Besides, what's Led Zep without Plant AND Bonham? A cover band?

good singer?
understatement...awesome voice(cant think of anyone with a better voice in that genre of music) also as a musician...hes also quite a dab hand on guitar...espically in his early bands and with his solos with AB.
i agree with that without plant and bonham it aint gona be the same but times have changed...if Myles was to take part i reckon he wouldnt ruin any of the songs...simply put his on style and class on them. Someone with that much talent wouldnt murder a song. Hell...AB have already covered a Zeppelin song and got much praise for it.

Jeid
14-Oct-08, 22:02
There's loads of singers out there with an awesome voice, some more suited to this gig, which was what I was implying. Myles is good, but I don't think he'd be great for Led Zep.

We're all entitled to our opinion though.

Gizmo
15-Oct-08, 00:13
Myles is an amazing singer, but he should have kept The Mayfield Four together, by far the best material he has sung on, Mars Hotel is an absolute classic song.

bigbenjokazooie
18-Oct-08, 00:23
Myles is an amazing singer, but he should have kept The Mayfield Four together, by far the best material he has sung on, Mars Hotel is an absolute classic song.

you crazy?
as good as mayfield four were...and myles singing on both their albums, to say his best vocals were with them is ludicrus.
mars hotel...good song...if your wantin Myles best song with the mayfield its Summergirl by a country mile...he holds that last note of the song for a good 30 seconds...unheard of.
But with Alter Bridge...i could name at least 10 solid vocal songs easily, plus hes an accomplished guitarist with AB aswell.

bigbenjokazooie
18-Oct-08, 00:24
There's loads of singers out there with an awesome voice, some more suited to this gig, which was what I was implying. Myles is good, but I don't think he'd be great for Led Zep.

We're all entitled to our opinion though.

any names?
i cant think of any that would be as good as myles for Zep

Jeid
18-Oct-08, 03:54
Perhaps your opinion is a bit biased.

The guy from the Black Crowes would certainly be a lot better than Myles tbh

moncur
18-Oct-08, 10:35
The guy from the Black Crowes would certainly be a lot better than Myles tbh

Agreed, i also think Taylor Hawkins did a damn good job of singing Rock n Roll with them at Wembley back in July.

I think Page and Jones should learn from when Queen got the guy from Free to sing with them. Damn good singer but everybody still went 'ITS NOT REALLY QUEEN THOUGH!'

bigbenjokazooie
20-Nov-08, 23:38
i think this guy should b considerd aswell

quite simply an awesome voice!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdzXSp1wF0

buddyrich
21-Nov-08, 01:41
It's incredible that Page and Jones would consider doing it with someone else. Maybe Page needs the cash to pay a tax bill or something.

To do it with anyone but Plant would be the most egregious binning of a legace since Brian May decided to urinate on everything he's ever done by turning Queen into a for-hire cabaret available for collaboration with boy bands and playing on the roof of buck palace.

Cazart!

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Nov-08, 14:12
Tortelvis would be my option.

bigbenjokazooie
21-Nov-08, 20:24
Tortelvis would be my option.

haha

good joke lad

Gizmo
22-Nov-08, 00:34
you crazy?
as good as mayfield four were...and myles singing on both their albums, to say his best vocals were with them is ludicrus.
mars hotel...good song...if your wantin Myles best song with the mayfield its Summergirl by a country mile...he holds that last note of the song for a good 30 seconds...unheard of.
But with Alter Bridge...i could name at least 10 solid vocal songs easily, plus hes an accomplished guitarist with AB aswell.

It's not ludicrous at all, it's all about personal taste, i was a fan of The Mayfield Four long before Alter Bridge were formed and happen to prefer them to Alter Bridge, i like the debut AB album but Blackbird never really set my world on fire, i found it very average if i'm honest.

bigbenjokazooie
24-Nov-08, 00:10
It's not ludicrous at all, it's all about personal taste, i was a fan of The Mayfield Four long before Alter Bridge were formed and happen to prefer them to Alter Bridge, i like the debut AB album but Blackbird never really set my world on fire, i found it very average if i'm honest.

ur right...it is about personal taste.
taste aside...im talking about vocal talent...and Myles has got a bucket load, he has a voice like iv never heard...not even in todays music industry.
his voice is so versatile that he could pretty much sing anythin and put his own spin on it,
thats wat the threads about, not about which bands better than the other, im talkin about soley about Myles himself

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Nov-08, 06:53
Question: is this Caithness.org? Or is this the letters page from Classic Rock magazine?

And I was serious about Tortelvis, seriously.

buddyrich
24-Nov-08, 13:29
Ha. Classic rock letter page is best in the month after one of their "Top 100" issues-"WHY NO BIFF BYFORD IN THE TOP FIVE METAL VOCALISTS?????????" etc etc.

The metal god in glasgow suggested the guy from Kingdom Come as a Plant replacement. Lenny Wolf. Kingdom Come: In Your Face (ho ho) was a pretty good album if memory serves.

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 14:12
Ha. Classic rock letter page is best in the month after one of their "Top 100" issues-"WHY NO BIFF BYFORD IN THE TOP FIVE METAL VOCALISTS?????????" etc etc.

The metal god in glasgow suggested the guy from Kingdom Come as a Plant replacement. Lenny Wolf. Kingdom Come: In Your Face (ho ho) was a pretty good album if memory serves.

Kingdom Come are a great band, i remember back in 88 the hype surrounding their debut was huge, if i remember correctly i think it broke records for advance sales, 20 years later it's still a great sounding album, it might have borrowed heavily from Led Zeppelin but as i didn't, and still don't, have the slightest interest in Led Zeppelin the plagarism accusations thrown at Kingdom Come didn't bother me at all, 'In Your Face' was a great sophmore release and still also sounds good these days, Lenny Wolf has constantly released Kingdom Come albums over the years, some good, some poor, don't think he would make a good replacement for Robert Plant though, he had the vocal range 20 years ago, but like many high pitched singers from that era he struggles to reach those notes these days.

I also really love Lenny Wolf's pre Kingdom Come band 'Stone Fury', their two albums from 84 & 86 are really good melodic rock albums, the guitar work from Bruce Gowdy (Unruly Child, World Trade) is fantastic, check out the track 'Break Down The Walls' on youtube.

Here is the song only.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=65gnBbEPFD8&feature=related

And the video, not great quality.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1g5bfu7-0

buddyrich
24-Nov-08, 16:09
Buddy's top three "If plant wont do it someone has to" list.

1. Chris Cornell
2. Blayze Bailey
3. Scott Holderby from Mordred.

Scott holderby could bring aaron vaughn along to put some beats n scratches into misty mountain hop.

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 16:38
Buddy's top three "If plant wont do it someone has to" list.

1. Chris Cornell
2. Blayze Bailey
3. Scott Holderby from Mordred.

Scott holderby could bring aaron vaughn along to put some beats n scratches into misty mountain hop.

Blaze Bailey?...surely you jest?, he's got the vocal range of a bull with Laryngitis :lol:
Scott Holderby...now there's a random curveball thrown into the mix, can't quite see it myself though, Chris Cornell would do a damn fine job, he's got a voice...and then some.

buddyrich
24-Nov-08, 23:52
Blayze was indeed a jest as was scott holderby. Mordred were a great band though.

Chris Cornell has the voice for it right enough.

Gizmo
25-Nov-08, 00:13
Mordred were a great band though.

No argument there