PDA

View Full Version : price of Calor Gas

Bob's Ma
12-Oct-08, 12:30
Hi
I have just purchased a 47 kg refill of calor gas for which I was charged £71.50. On speaking to someone from mid Wales and having a quick scan on the internet the prices were between £48 - £54. Now I wasn't expecting comparable prices but I do feel I have been ripped off as that's a big difference. So to be more prepared for next time, can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy my refills from in future?
Thanks a lot

Kevin Milkins
12-Oct-08, 13:24
Was it just a refill you purchased or have you been charged for a deposit on a botttle as well?

bekisman
12-Oct-08, 13:27
Where did you pay that much for it? you are allowed to name the supplier, was it up here (Thurso / Wick)..
We usually get ours from W & D Ross at Riverside Thurso although not 47kg they were the best price compared to Gillocks, Travis Perkins and (I think) the heat centre in Wick.. Of course things change.

Bob's Ma
12-Oct-08, 14:34
It was a refill - and we bought it from Travis Perkins in Thurso.

bekisman
12-Oct-08, 15:45
Just did a bit of searching among my waste paper bin and this is the result of ringing around for a 19kg Calor a couple of weeks back (obviously out of date, but gives the relative price with each of 'em):

1. W & D Ross (Thurso): £28.89
2. J & J McCaughey (Wick): £32.00
3. Allans of Gillock: £32.40
4. Travis Perkins (Thurso): £33.09

Bob's Ma
12-Oct-08, 17:56
Just having a quick Google and the prices for 19 kg seem to vary from £20.35 to £36.99. I also found a 47 kg bottle at £66 so it seems there is just a huge variation in price.

But thanks, we didn't know about the place at Riverside so we will definitely do our homework before buying the next bottle.