PDA

View Full Version : Thing`s that make your blood boil!

paris
14-Jan-06, 10:49
OK, so we all get abit hot under the collar sometimes, but what makes YOU mad????

DW
14-Jan-06, 11:44
Apostrophes in the wrong place as in
"Thing's that make your blood boil."[lol] [lol]

Tymey
14-Jan-06, 11:49
People who can't use roundabouts.

cullbucket
14-Jan-06, 11:50
Bad grammer and speeling

katarina
14-Jan-06, 12:05
Bad grammer and speeling

Yes, I hate bad grammer, speeling too. also mistpying. How long does it ttake
ti go back ovr your post an edit id befrore postign it?

porshiepoo
14-Jan-06, 12:08
My computer keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!! [evil]

lassieinfife
14-Jan-06, 12:41
[evil] people who dont do things MY way..... because its the right way:lol: hahahah.. just jokin

JAWS
14-Jan-06, 12:43
Roundabouts, especially mini-roundabouts, and even more so when they serve absolutely no purpose.
Traffic Lights, especially where they are totally unnecessary.
Speed Cameras, especially where they have no road safety function whatsoever.

And the constant drip of Government adverts telling everybody what is good for them, what is bad for them.
The constant threat of what they will do to them if they do anything wrong, because they know who they are and they will get them!
If they know all that then the adverts serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.
If what they say is true then the wrongdoers know that because they will have been caught already.

EDDIE
14-Jan-06, 13:14
Attitudes in the way people speak or deal with u drives me mad.It costs nothing to be polite and friendly

paris
14-Jan-06, 13:20
Mine is men who dont put a new loo roll on when old one finished, people who talk through a film, and sarcasm !!!

Lucy
14-Jan-06, 14:14
Mine is people in cars who don't use their indicators at junctions or that they are pulling in to the kerb. Also people who put empty containers back in the cupboard & fridge.

spiggie
14-Jan-06, 14:59
Mines is people who dont indicate when going around roundabouts, or just indicating in general, people who dirve at 40mph when the speed limit is 60mph and you cant overtake coz the road is too bendy and people who quite openly grog on the street yeeeeuuuk!!

moose and Lindsay
14-Jan-06, 15:10
I hate it when u go to a garage for petrol and u r waiting for a pump and the person has finished putting petrol in their car and don't move it, then they go in to pay for their petrol and yap and yap for ages!!!!

If there is a car waiting behind me i always pull away so they can get in

Another thing is, have u been stuck at a junction for ages and no-one lets u go, ignorant or what??

Fesman
14-Jan-06, 15:35
Nothing bothers me.

It's usually only other people that cause annoyances and I learnt a long time ago how to have fun at their expense.

If I can't have fun with them, I ignore them... that works as well.

DrSzin
14-Jan-06, 17:18
Mine is men who dont put a new loo roll on when old one finished, [...]:lol:

One of mine is: women who don't put a new loo roll on when the old one is finished.

May I hazard a guess that if your hubby and my missus lived together, then they wouldn't ever use a loo roll holder?

I considered jumping on your extraneous apostophe earlier today, but I decided that I wasn't even close to being that anal about the things -- in public at least.

In fact I agree with everyone that's posted on here thus far -- especially with Fesman. :)

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 17:32
The sun setting at 1515.

Baked beans.

Boy bands.

Girl bands.

Warm beer.

:(

Fluff
14-Jan-06, 18:00
people who spit in the street
people who dont clean up their dogs poop
unnessery swearing/shouting

and the tv being on too loud, esp when people are not listening to it!

Rheghead
14-Jan-06, 18:04
Thing`s that make your blood boil!

Hydrogen Peroxide?

paris
14-Jan-06, 18:09
:lol:

One of mine is: women who don't put a new loo roll on when the old one is finished.

May I hazard a guess that if your hubby and my missus lived together, then they wouldn't ever use a loo roll holder?

I considered jumping on your extraneous apostophe earlier today, but I decided that I wasn't even close to being that anal about the things -- in public at least.

In fact I agree with everyone that's posted on here thus far -- especially with Fesman. :)

To true DrSzin, they would have a box of tissues , ha ha

JAWS
14-Jan-06, 18:44
Two which I often come across in Supermarkets
People who can manage to completely block an empty aisle by holding their trolley right across it.
People at the checkout who stand right in the entrance throughout being served instead of moving futher forward so you can out your shopping on the conveyor so you are ready to be served instead of having to hold the queue up.

ice box
14-Jan-06, 19:14
I hate people who complain .

Rheghead
14-Jan-06, 19:32
I hate people who complain .

Isn't that a complaint?:confused

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 19:49
Getting kicked in the shins.

Liverpool FC winning stuff.

Ian Rush.

Jan Molby.

Milk thats gone off.

Peter Beardsley.

John Barnes.

(notice a pattern developing?)

Kenny Dalglish.

oh yeah and alarm clocks that refuse to work.

:(

Gleber2
14-Jan-06, 19:59
People who harp,carp and criticise without ever adding something constuctive!

angela5
14-Jan-06, 20:08
Sunday drivers.

Empty milk cartons in the fridge.

Cheeky Children.

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 20:11
People that bad rep me for supporting someone else apart from Liverpool...

:D

~~Tides~~
14-Jan-06, 20:18
Forums make my blood boil

CHUCKY
14-Jan-06, 20:52
Taking the kids to watch a local football match, and have to put up with some players constantly shouting swear words. You can accept the odd one, but when certain players are constantly roaring abuse, I would have thought the referee would have done something.

unicorn
14-Jan-06, 20:54
Racism makes me mad.

angela5
14-Jan-06, 20:55
People with no respect.[evil]

krieve
14-Jan-06, 21:02
Going into the 99p shop in wick and the staff roaring ,shouting abuse at each other and swearing in front of my children.

angela5
14-Jan-06, 21:03
Going into the 99p shop in wick and the staff roaring ,shouting abuse at each other and swearing in front of my children.

No respect[mad]

unicorn
14-Jan-06, 21:03
Has nobody reported the staff of that shop yet???

angela5
14-Jan-06, 21:04
Has nobody reported the staff of that shop yet???

I just stopped going in.[mad]

scrapydoo
14-Jan-06, 21:13
Porshiepoo being rasist.

nicnak
14-Jan-06, 21:35
people who intimidate and try to think that they are better than myself and others, we are all equal.

teddybear1873
14-Jan-06, 21:51
Seeing Alan Hansen on telly......Traitor that he is
England's world cup win of 1966
American sitcoms
Niel lennons ugly mug
people stirring my tea anti clockwise

DrSzin
14-Jan-06, 22:44
People that bad rep me for supporting someone else apart from Liverpool...

:D Ooh, that's a good idea. Why didn't I think of doing that? :D

Wasn't me Guv. Almost everyone knows I'm a Red, so this prime suspect thought he'd better make that perfectly clear -- I've good-repped him for being humorous. I'm in a good mood because we're only 1 point behind Man U with 2 games in hand. :)

People who can manage to completely block an empty aisle by holding their trolley right across it. Seconded. I call such perpetrators a "space filling family": it expands to fill the available space, however big. I was stuck behind one at Asda today -- two parents, a trolley and a baby filled one of the widest supermarket aisles I've ever seen.

people who intimidate and try to think that they are better than myself and others, we are all equalBut some are more (or less) equal than others, unfortunately.

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 23:22
Ooh, that's a good idea. Why didn't I think of doing that? :D

Wasn't me Guv. Almost everyone knows I'm a Red, so this prime suspect thought he'd better make that perfectly clear -- I've good-repped him for being humorous. I'm in a good mood because we're only 1 point behind Man U with 2 games in hand. :)

Cheers DrSzin, you're a good sport. It was pure jealousy on my part anyway. You may have notice I listed some of the team from the 80s that swept all before it. How I wished ManU could have just one of them in their team at that time!
Its going to be a good run-in, may the best team win!

:D

Kenn
14-Jan-06, 23:25
Cold callers, junk mail , bad manners and those who would not recognise a smile when they see one.

spiggie
14-Jan-06, 23:29
people having the same quote as me!!!!

lol :)

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 23:32
people having the same quote as me!!!!

lol :)

Hey I had that first!

Time to change I suppose..... :D

Saveman
14-Jan-06, 23:50
An empty Caithness.Org chatroom.....

angela5
15-Jan-06, 02:13
Seeing adults/children with no seat belt on[mad]

Someone using their mobile while driving[mad]

eastend
15-Jan-06, 02:16
speeders
ppl wh no respect for the speed limit

angela5
15-Jan-06, 02:17
speeders
ppl wh no respect for the speed limit

oops! i forgot to add that in my post they do make my blood boil now[mad]

Sporran
15-Jan-06, 02:39
Boorishness makes my blood boil! People who are rude and inconsiderate to others really "get my goat", as do people who try to get their own way by intimidation. My credo is "Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself."

Excessive swearing is another thing that makes me see red, especially in public places! [disgust]

DrSzin
15-Jan-06, 03:04
Cheers DrSzin, you're a good sport. It was pure jealousy on my part anyway. You may have notice I listed some of the team from the 80s that swept all before it. How I wished ManU could have just one of them in their team at that time!
Its going to be a good run-in, may the best team win!

:D Thanks, and I recognised all the names alright. Yes, it'll be a good run-in, but we're surely just playing for 2nd place. :~(

It's been a good day overall. Nothing much has made my blood boil today. :)

JAWS
15-Jan-06, 12:17
people stirring my tea anti clockwise
That's a trait I have notice a lot here. Is it peculiar to Caithness or is it prevalent elsewhere also?

Drutt
15-Jan-06, 12:25
That's a trait I have notice a lot here. Is it peculiar to Caithness or is it prevalent elsewhere also?
I stir my tea anti-clockwise, but I attribute that more to being a southpaw than having a Caithness upbringing. Is there any reason why tea shouldn't be stirred anti-clockwise?

JAWS
15-Jan-06, 12:35
I stir my tea anti-clockwise, but I attribute that more to being a southpaw than having a Caithness upbringing. Is there any reason why tea shouldn't be stirred anti-clockwise?
Doesn't bother me in the least, it was just that the question had been asked.
I've notice that right handed people do it and it just looked "odd".
Perhaps it happens elsewhere to and I haven't noticed.
It's like a clock ticking,once you've noticed it you can't avoid it.

phoenix
15-Jan-06, 12:40
Power freaks make my blood boil[evil]..............Am I Bovvered :p:p:p

Fluff
15-Jan-06, 16:14
One thing that makes me so angry, is people who take prams/buggies with their kids in it, up escalators! there is no excuse!!
i also hate it when people overfill their car, then make a child sit on one of the adults lap, accident waiting to happen!! grr

connieb19
15-Jan-06, 16:33
It really annoys me when people who have badly behaved kids threaten them by saying such and such is wild at you or such and such will skelp you, rather than just saying I'm wild at you and im going to skelp you!!
Or people who let their kids eat,then don't wipe their ands and let them go about touching every thing.
The thing that makes my blood boil most of all is people eating in Cinemas!!
Why do they have to rummage right to the bottom of the box of popcorn rather than taking a bit from the top.
If you go to the theatre somebody sitting next to you singing away...........I could go on and on about the things that annoy me.......
[evil]

unicorn
15-Jan-06, 16:37
people kicking the back of your seat at the cinema or on the plane it drives me crazy.......

connieb19
15-Jan-06, 16:39
people kicking the back of your seat at the cinema or on the plane it drives me crazy.......And kids hanging over the seat annoying you.Grrrrr Especially if they have snottery noses.lol

katarina
15-Jan-06, 17:53
Mines is people who dont indicate when going around roundabouts, or just indicating in general, people who dirve at 40mph when the speed limit is 60mph and you cant overtake coz the road is too bendy and people who quite openly grog on the street yeeeeuuuk!!

Do you mean you're suppose to indicate when coming off a roundabout?

Julia
15-Jan-06, 18:19
What makes my blood boil... (in no particular order)

Litterbugs, racism, bad manners, child abuse, animal abuse, cheeky children, rude teengagers and ignorant adults

Whitewater
15-Jan-06, 18:29
Condessension, swearing, rudeness and bad manners.

_Ju_
15-Jan-06, 19:40
xenophobes

DrSzin
15-Jan-06, 19:53
xenophobesMe too.

I wonder how many xenophobes would have the same attitude if they'd ever lived abroad. It's weird being a foreigner for the first time.

connieb19
15-Jan-06, 21:28
It makes my blood boil when I read the court cases in the local newspaper and every week it is the same names, and the same light sentences they get!![mad]

garycs
15-Jan-06, 22:34
Folk who drive at 40mph on a dry, empty country road; then continue at 40mph through villages with a 30 limit and past schools when there's a 20 limit in force.

Women who don't put the seat up after using the loo :-)

gleeber
16-Jan-06, 01:09
Me too.

I wonder how many xenophobes would have the same attitude if they'd ever lived abroad. It's weird being a foreigner for the first time.

Me too but I had to look the word up in ma dictionary first.

JAWS
16-Jan-06, 01:40
People who insist there are only two opinions in the world, their's and the wrong one.

paris
16-Jan-06, 01:46
People who insist there are only two opinions in the world, their's and the wrong one.

Sounds about right after reading the posts on the OTHER thread !

melted_wellie
16-Jan-06, 01:48
It makes my blood boil when I read the court cases in the local newspaper and every week it is the same names, and the same light sentences they get!![mad]stop readin them then

Loafer
16-Jan-06, 09:59
What makes my blood boil?
When someone has been found guilty of murder or rape they are given a "life" sentence and told they will have to serve at LEAST 12 years? Hard for some, eh? Life should mean LIFE.

_Ju_
16-Jan-06, 11:22
I once read a very sarcastic text about the disguntled and desinfranchized 50 something generation that complain about everything and everyone and this thread has brought him to mind.
When describing what he couldn't stand he wrote: "Intolerant people and the dutch". Takes a while to sink in, LOL!

golach
16-Jan-06, 11:26
People with closed minds, who will not listen to ME and my opinions [evil]

simpsoney
16-Jan-06, 12:04
Bad Manners - Manner cost you nothing!!
People with no respect!!

krieve
16-Jan-06, 12:14
It makes my blood boil when I read the court cases in the local newspaper and every week it is the same names, and the same light sentences they get!![mad]
I totally agree connie like a fine for drug dealers and a couple of hour community service. Or the line if i see you back here in trouble again i will have no choice to impose i custodial sentance and who is it that is in the paper the week after and do they get locked up no grrrrrrrrrr

Loafer
16-Jan-06, 12:38
I totally agree connie like a fine for drug dealers and a couple of hour community service. Or the line if i see you back here in trouble again i will have no choice to impose i custodial sentance and who is it that is in the paper the week after and do they get locked up no grrrrrrrrrr

Yep, that one gets me too. Even when/if they do get a jail sentence, it is at most six months, and seeing as they have been such good little boys in Porterfield, they get out in three!!

The Loafer

Sporran
16-Jan-06, 13:32
On the road, folk who fail to use their indicator when changing lanes or making a turn, really get my goat! [mad] It seems to be a worse dilemma in the US than it was several years ago, and I blame it on mobile phones! [disgust] I've seen so many drivers holding a cell phone to their ear, with the other hand on the steering wheel. That leaves no hand available to switch on the turn indicator...

lasher
16-Jan-06, 13:38
On the road, folk who fail to use their indicator when changing lanes or making a turn, really get my goat! [mad] It seems to be a worse dilemma in the US than it was several years ago, and I blame it on mobile phones! [disgust] I've seen so many drivers holding a cell phone to their ear, with the other hand on the steering wheel. That leaves no hand available to switch on the turn indicator...

Can't people in the US steer using one knee then?

katarina
16-Jan-06, 15:03
Women who don't put the seat up after using the loo :-)

even worse - men who don't put the seat up before using the loo.

paris
16-Jan-06, 15:21
I second that Katerina !

janette
16-Jan-06, 16:52
Contractors and workmen, who insist on having radios blaring outside, even when they are working inside

Bored
16-Jan-06, 18:55
Seems like most of us dislike the same things.
One that really gets me though is women (particularly at work) who complain that men do not put the toilet seat back down when they have finished. Don't they realize it is just as annoying for us to have to lift the seat up as it is for them to put it down. Answer I suppose is that we leave the seat down all the time and see how they like it then :Razz

phoenix
16-Jan-06, 19:24
Im scared to say it on here............Id get lynched:lol:

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 19:26
Im scared to say it on here............Id get lynched:lol:Aw go on..please!! :)

Bumblebee
17-Jan-06, 15:15
:mad: What makes my blood boil is: LIARS! I loathe them!

valentine
17-Jan-06, 18:28
eternal students and people who think they are more intelligent than others but whom themselves have no common sense, this really makes my blood boil:evil !!!

Tymey
17-Jan-06, 18:41
I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations...full of lost luggage, lost souls....then there's cruelty, tyranny and oppression.

melted_wellie
17-Jan-06, 20:08
Im scared to say it on here............Id get lynched:lol:Its ginger people that think their gorgeous aint it????

Drutt
17-Jan-06, 20:13
eternal students
Umm, why? Aren't we all eternal students? I can't envisage a day when I'll think I know enough now... I'm always learning. :D

krieve
17-Jan-06, 21:04
Bejaye Whats wrong with ginger people?

melted_wellie
17-Jan-06, 21:09
Bejaye Whats wrong with ginger people?eh????are you for real?

ice box
17-Jan-06, 21:18
eh????are you for real?
whats wrong with people with ginger hair as krieve said ?

connieb19
17-Jan-06, 21:23
whats wrong with people with ginger hair as krieve said ?How can you judge someone by the colour of hair they have??? :confused:

ice box
17-Jan-06, 21:27
Thats what i want to know connie.
How can you ?

phoenix
17-Jan-06, 21:31
Doh!!!!! I adore people with ginger hair:p

connieb19
17-Jan-06, 21:32
Doh!!!!! I adore people with ginger hair:p Yeh, I think its really bonny too...:D

phoenix
17-Jan-06, 21:40
Aw go on..please!! :)

Definitely not Connie..............The Hit Squad would be after me.......Ive forgot anyway what it was that was making my blood boil yesterday.....[smirk]

ice box
17-Jan-06, 21:41
Doh!!!!! I adore people with ginger hair:p
I also like people with ginger hair or strawberry blonde

ice box
17-Jan-06, 22:21
eh????are you for real?
I see some people can start things but can't finish what a pitty it was just getting intresting .

Wizzbang
18-Jan-06, 03:47
Waste
Injustice

And the appalling drive between Snake Island and Lagos airport through a terribly deprived area
the sign post there depicting a typically western clean housing estate . With the caption saying "if you only paid your taxes it would be a better place" when billions of oil revenue money has vanished.

The fact I’m double taxed

People in the Uk moaning about how hard up they are (some).

ohh I need to get out of here...

teddybear1873
18-Jan-06, 05:20
Its ginger people that think their gorgeous aint it????
I have ginger hair and i couldnt give a toss what people think..I've heard the jokes plenty times....

melted_wellie
18-Jan-06, 05:21
I also like people with ginger hair or strawberry blondeyeah,and the freckles and the white eye lashes.......lovely

Astra
19-Jan-06, 00:09
yeah,and the freckles and the white eye lashes.......lovely
Well bejaye what colour of hair do you have ?

Astra
19-Jan-06, 00:21
i woke up this morning with one nerve left,and your gettin on it.
You my of only woke up with one nerve left but thats one more than any brain cells that you have ?

Astra
19-Jan-06, 00:31
ill no be ginger in e mornin tho
I can dye my hair but you will always be ugly

Astra
19-Jan-06, 00:37
Even with plastic surgery you will always be ugly

Astra
19-Jan-06, 00:39
I did'nt think they did plastic surgery on monkeys

teddybear1873
19-Jan-06, 00:48
your so funny Bejaye you would make a coo laugh.....then again maybe not

life's too short...
19-Jan-06, 00:56
Hi everyone
Although I have watched your activity for months and months, I have only just joined, so please be gentle with me! On this thread, things which make my blood boil are; narrow minded, rude, bigoted people, oh, and on a lighter note, how my pound coin is always rejected by the ticket machine, my lottery numbers are always either side of the winning numbers and when I read the message on any wrapper with a competition it tells me "I'm sorry but you're not a winner this time" especially as I just KNOW it is going to say that!

teddybear1873
19-Jan-06, 00:59
iv made many a coo laugh
mmmmm ooookay..personally i would have kept that to yourself that u make coo's laugh but if u wanna post it go for it...........your not Dr Doolittles boy child are you

larcc
19-Jan-06, 09:37
Men leaving socks at the side of the bed. When people wash dishes and they don't empty the dirty dish water away.

Used tea bags left in the sink. And dirty toilet pans that has to be the worst one for me. And if my curtains are sitting neatly and the are touched.

DrSzin
19-Jan-06, 11:06
Men leaving socks at the side of the bed. When people wash dishes and they don't empty the dirty dish water away.

Used tea bags left in the sink. And dirty toilet pans that has to be the worst one for me. And if my curtains are sitting neatly and the are touched.How did you know about the things my missus does that drive me nuts? Socks by the bed, dirty dish water, used tea bags in the sink, messy curtains...

Ok, she does clean the loo, but the rest are soooo familiar...

squidge
19-Jan-06, 11:55
My teenager leaves his socks in the living room - yeuch!!!
He leaves the water in the sink and seems incapable of wringing a cloth out and wiping the surfaces down when he has finished.
When he hoovers he leaves my dyson in the middle of the room still plugged in and goes away and forgets about it even though he walks around it all the time
He is incapable of using a linen bin and he alwaya leaves his cups in his bedroom

I - on the other hand - am perfect!!!!

angela5
19-Jan-06, 13:21
Waste bins that are fill to the brim.

Empty loo rolls in the bathroom.

Towels lying on the bathroom floor.

And when my son is using the computer and i can't.

When someone rings the door bell and runs away.

Sales people phoning at tea-time.

Sporran
19-Jan-06, 19:54
Time for me to have a rant about things that make my blood boil at home too, LOL!

I hate seeing waste bins filled to the brim also. In fact, sometimes I come home from work and they're just about overflowing! But what really drives me crazy is if after the bins are emptied, no-one bothers to replace the bin liners, and folk proceed to put rubbish in anyway! My kids, who are old enough to know better, are the worst culprits for this! Case in point was yesterday, when my teenage son decided to make coffee after he came home from school. "Lovely", I thought, "I could do with a fresh cup of coffee!" But when I noticed that he'd dumped the old coffee grains in kitchen bin sans liner, I wasn't so thrilled after all!

My kids also drink their tea with the teabag still in the cup! :eyes Worse yet, they don't dump the old tea bag afterwards, but leave it in the cup for poor old mumsie to discard! They're not good about wiping up their kitchen spills either.

Moving on to the bathroom, they frequently leave bath towels on the floor, shampoo bottles left open after use, and bath mat totally soaked! It's much more convenient for them to have the toilet roll sitting on the windowsill by the loo, rather than on the toilet roll holder itself. As for the bathroom sink; well, beard clippings don't seem to bother them, nor do capless toothpaste tubes, which they still insist on squeezing from the top! I'm thankful that I have an ensuite bathroom of my own, which they're only allowed to use in an emergency, LOL!

Now on to their bedrooms! They look as if a bomb had hit them! I feel like I'm on a dangerous mission if I go in there, and frequently find dirty cups and glasses, as well as dirty laundry that hasn't made it to the laundry hamper.

But despite all this, I love my kids just the same, and wouldn't trade them for the world. I just have to grit my teeth -- a lot!!!

krieve
19-Jan-06, 23:43
Men who complain when bairns make a mess when it's is really the men who make the mess. With there wet towels on the bathroom floor clothes, on a heep in the bedroom floor, cups of coffee left at there backside, and making me go to the shop when he has a car and would never walk to the shop himself or telling me to jump on the bike it will be quicker his bike that he never goes on lol.

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 01:30
When he hoovers he leaves my dyson in the middle of the room still plugged in and goes away and forgets about it even though he walks around it all the time
He is incapable of using a linen bin and he alwaya leaves his cups in his bedroom
Waste bins that are fill to the brim.

Empty loo rolls in the bathroom.

Towels lying on the bathroom floor. Ma missus is away this week. Which one o' yous two is she stayin' wi'? Or is she at larcc's place?

It's oh so tidy here this week. Well, compared to usual, that is. I even have the kids trained. :cool:

I could get used to this single-parent lark...

angela5
20-Jan-06, 01:35
Ma missus is away this week. Which one o' yous two is she stayin' wi'? Or is she at larcc's place?

It's oh so tidy here this week. Well, compared to usual, that is. I even have the kids trained. :cool:

I could get used to this single-parent lark...

She ain't staying way me then i've enough mess to clean up:Razz see when she gets back drszin fancy coming round to mine and training my kids?

DrSzin
20-Jan-06, 02:04
She ain't staying way me then i've enough mess to clean up:Razz see when she gets back drszin fancy coming round to mine and training my kids?It depends how much you pay. I don't come cheap.

JAWS
20-Jan-06, 02:36
Kids is easy. Well, depending on how strong your stomach is and how stubborn you are.
They have to be old enough and it helps if you are a single parent or have a partner who doesn't buckle under pressure.

Kids bedroom, open door, cannot see bedroom floor. - Close Door and ignore.
Countless cups etc left round house - Collect all, wash dry, select one for each family member, lock rest away.
Sink full of unwashed pots. - Take out cup, wash and dry, have drink, dump cup back in sink.
Clothes not in linen basket - Tough, they missed the washing.
Kids things scattered all over - Two options, 1 old, tatty or cheap and unnecessary - Dustbin. 2 Not in last category - dumped in bedroom.

I think you get the idea and yes I am stubborn, very very stubborn.

Worst case situation.
Boys - Soft-hearted Mummy who knows her little (6foot tall) boys need looking after.
Girls - Doting Daddy who knows his little (the wolves are at the door slavering) princess is too good to do nasty mundane thing like housework.
Heaven help the partners who get stuck with them.

And never, never ask me for Marriage Guidance but I can give very sound advice on numerous Divorce Lawyers.

teddybear1873
20-Jan-06, 02:46
The tatties here in America are so yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk grrrrrrrrrrrrr. that makes my blood boil
Does anyone fancy sending over some groats tatties yum yum.................oh and Tetley Tea bags

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:33
when people put pinapple in my curry yuk

ice box
22-Jan-06, 21:40
when people like there toe being licked lol yukkkkkk

connieb19
22-Jan-06, 21:41
when people like there toe being licked lol yukkkkkkLicking your own toes...Yuk.;) or do you mean other peoples toes?:confused:

teddybear1873
22-Jan-06, 21:44
Fag ash in the bathroom sink
A floater left in the toilet
My girlfiriend hoggin the bed an taking all the covers

ice box
22-Jan-06, 21:52
Licking your own toes...Yuk.;) or do you mean other peoples toes?:confused:

i mean people that lick other peoples toes .;)

teddybear1873
22-Jan-06, 22:01
i mean people that lick other peoples toes .;)
I dont like people licking my toes but then again its handy when the dog cleans the fluff in between them lol

angela5
22-Jan-06, 22:03
When would people have a chance to lick other peoples toes? the thought is making me sick..yeeuuukkk!

connieb19
22-Jan-06, 22:31
i mean people that lick other peoples toes .;)Why does it make your blood boil... don't knock it till you.ve tried it. You never know you might enjoy it!! :lol:

katarina
23-Jan-06, 16:31
people who bad rep you and don't even leave a comment let alone who they are. I don't mind the bad rep - but stand up and be counted!

ice box
23-Jan-06, 19:04
Why does it make your blood boil... don't knock it till you.ve tried it. You never know you might enjoy it!! :lol:
How do you ?

connieb19
23-Jan-06, 19:12
How do you ?Sorry, I couldn't tell you...I've never licked someones toes before...:lol:

ice box
23-Jan-06, 19:37
You never know you might enjoy it!! :lol:why did you [lol]

wilma
23-Jan-06, 20:47
It really makes my blood boil when people do not restrain there children in proper child seats in the car and when they let there children jump about or lean through the middle of the seats when they are supposed to be restraint.

krieve
23-Jan-06, 21:24
It really makes my blood boil when people do not restrain there children in proper child seats in the car and when they let there children jump about or lean through the middle of the seats when they are supposed to be restraint.
That makes my blood boil as well.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jan-06, 22:20
Coming out of the house last week and finding my wing mirror in pieces for the second time in as many months.My car isnt that big and I have to leave it parked in front of the house(no drive) so its a sitting target for the idiot drivers.I can only say thank goodness my 3 and 4 year olds have never been in the car when its been hit....oh and the kind person who walked their dog past my house on Sunday afternoon and stood watching as it left its calling card at my door....I shall leave the bucket of water for you next time.Now that I have got that off my chest I will go and let my blood cool down from its boiling point...

paris
24-Jan-06, 02:23
Fag ash in the bathroom sink
A floater left in the toilet
My girlfiriend hoggin the bed an taking all the covers

Nothing worse than a floater, and HIM snoring !

lasher
24-Jan-06, 14:02
JJC! :lol:

john32
24-Jan-06, 16:11
I just stopped going in.[mad] dont stop going in, they now have questionairs, with any problems, ie staff attitude etc, personally myself i find girls fun and entertaining, not like most shops round caithness. Go in and pick form up. cheers:lol:

krieve
24-Jan-06, 16:23
dont stop going in, they now have questionairs, with any problems, ie staff attitude etc, personally myself i find girls fun and entertaining, not like most shops round caithness. Go in and pick form up. cheers:lol:
What you agree with them swearing in front of your kids, I was in the shop today and there was a banana skin just left lying on one of the shelfs .

wilma
25-Jan-06, 15:02
Trying to find a webcam and tried all the shops in wick and the only shop that has them is the compufix but is shut today.So the man is in thurso on his lunch break and any of the shop that might have a webcam are all shut over lunch time. I am not happy i for one can't wait for the new stores to open the shops up here are a disgrace .

krieve
25-Jan-06, 23:39
yuk that is rotten lol

john32
26-Jan-06, 11:11
What you agree with them swearing in front of your kids, I was in the shop today and there was a banana skin just left lying on one of the shelfs .No matter where u go u are going to hear foul language, not supposed happen in any shop, im sure the 99p shop is not the only place u heard it.and the staff in that shop work hard so why did you not tell member of staff bout bannana skin, sure would have been dealt with, instead of moaning about it, why bother going in shop if u that upset about it. U have already said u no longer go in shop, why go in again if so upset?:confused

john32
26-Jan-06, 11:12
What you agree with them swearing in front of your kids, I was in the shop today and there was a banana skin just left lying on one of the shelfs .No matter where u go u are going to hear foul language, not supposed happen in any shop, im sure the 99p shop is not the only place u heard it.and the staff in that shop work hard so why did you not tell member of staff bout bannana skin, sure would have been dealt with, instead of moaning about it, why bother going in shop if u that upset about it. U have already said u no longer go in shop, why go in again if so upset?:confused

krieve
26-Jan-06, 11:17
No matter where u go u are going to hear foul language, not supposed happen in any shop, im sure the 99p shop is not the only place u heard it.and the staff in that shop work hard so why did you not tell member of staff bout bannana skin, sure would have been dealt with, instead of moaning about it, why bother going in shop if u that upset about it. U have already said u no longer go in shop, why go in again if so upset?:confused
Don't worry i won't be going back i was only in because someone asked me to get something for them.

john32
26-Jan-06, 11:59
Don't worry i won't be going back i was only in because someone asked me to get something for them.Its people like u that give the shop a bad name, instead of dealing with it directly, ie, speaking to management, i just firmly belive all staff members not as bad as u make out. did u pick up questionnaire while there?:lol:

frank ward
26-Jan-06, 12:27
what gets on my wick is adverts on the telly. Ads themselves are bad enough, but its the doubling of the decibels that really annoys.

frank ward
26-Jan-06, 13:31
D Steven and Sons lorries. Why do they love to hog the road, never pull over to let you pass, and speed up whenever there's a brief passing opportunity?

Saveman
26-Jan-06, 13:38
Petrol stations closing at 2155!
GRrrrrrrrrrrr

Having to walk home when you run out of petrol.....:o

tisme
26-Jan-06, 13:48
Having to come out of the house everyday for 8 hours to do a job, through necessity rather than enjoyment

lasher
26-Jan-06, 13:51
Slow drivers who speed up on staights!![evil]
And drivers who brake when they meet cars coming the other way![evil]
And drivers who can't use roundabouts, vast majority of caithness drivers![evil]

krieve
26-Jan-06, 14:28
Its people like u that give the shop a bad name, instead of dealing with it directly, ie, speaking to management, i just firmly belive all staff members not as bad as u make out. did u pick up questionnaire while there?:lol:
Why don't you take in to consideration i am not the only person saying this and it's not people like me it's the staff that are giving the shop a bad name.

shrek_donkey
26-Jan-06, 14:53
Why don't you read the whole of this tread john32 and the bang out of order thread and you will see krieve is not the only person who has a problem with the staff's attitude

Cocoa
26-Jan-06, 15:24
wot makes me mad is when peeps let their jealousy overtake 'em!!![mad]
can't they b happy with wot they hav & who they r?? why need 2 copy wot others hav & create hatred??

Saveman
26-Jan-06, 15:38
wot makes me mad is when peeps let their jealousy overtake 'em!!![mad]
can't they b happy with wot they hav & who they r?? why need 2 copy wot others hav & create hatred??

Grrrrrrr I wish I'd posted that Cocoa!

genisis
26-Jan-06, 17:26
Hypocrites and people that move from place to place creating havoc and misery wherever they go and still think there is nothing wrong with them!!!![disgust]

Cocoa
26-Jan-06, 17:37
thanx savey it's a good one isn't it?! :p very true!!
and there's a point genisis cos i know loadsa trouble makers like u described [mad]

ice box
26-Jan-06, 21:07
A thing that make boil is people that dont delete the messages when at there full (co)

2little2late
26-Jan-06, 22:05

I'm afraid I have to disagree with this post. The staff in the 99p shop are always pleasant and friendly. At no point when I have been in the shop have I ever heard them swear. The roaring and shouting abuse at each other is all in jest. This is one of the friendliest stores in the town. As for the banana skin, it was probably put there by an uncaring customer, I don't think the staff would be able to eat food in store whilst on duty. If people have a complaint about the attitude of the staff then why not approach the members of staff instead of posting on this message board.

ice box
26-Jan-06, 22:13
I'm afraid I have to disagree with this post. The staff in the 99p shop are always pleasant and friendly. At no point when I have been in the shop have I ever heard them swear. The roaring and shouting abuse at each other is all in jest. This is one of the friendliest stores in the town. As for the banana skin, it was probably put there by an uncaring customer, I don't think the staff would be able to eat food in store whilst on duty. If people have a complaint about the attitude of the staff then why not approach the members of staff instead of posting on this message board.
Well roaring and shouting in the shop is off putting the enough for me when i have my young childern with me .

2little2late
26-Jan-06, 23:10
Well roaring and shouting in the shop is off putting the enough for me when i have my young childern with me .

O kay then, not roaring and shouting, it is merely friendly banter.

ice box
26-Jan-06, 23:42
O kay then, not roaring and shouting, it is merely friendly banter.
i dont see that kind of banter in any other store i've been in before .

2little2late
27-Jan-06, 00:32
i dont see that kind of banter in any other store i've been in before .

Exactly, if you don't see friendly banter in other stores then it shows how unhappy the staff are. The staff in the 99p store are the friendliest by far. I have no complaints about them what so ever.

nicnak
27-Jan-06, 17:57
Well I think the staff in the 99p shop are lovely and its nice to see them enjoyin their work its much better than going into a shop and having sour faces looking at you.As for swearing I have never heard any in there and as for children I can honestly say that the staff have gone out of their way to talk to mine and other peoples when i have been in.

ice box
27-Jan-06, 23:17
2little2late [quote] I have no complaints about them what so ever.

No coz by the sound of thing you are one.

hammers
27-Jan-06, 23:26
People who drive with their fog lights on in the daylight,grr,as for roundabouts maybe it`s about time they printed a full page spread in the paper about how to use the things.[mad] [mad]

2little2late
27-Jan-06, 23:29
Seems to me that Ice box has a chip on his/her shoulder.

connieb19
27-Jan-06, 23:32
I think icebox was right to give his/her opinion...

2little2late
27-Jan-06, 23:34
no need to swear.

hammers
27-Jan-06, 23:40
The only one that seems too be talking dirt as some would say is OH MICKEY your not so fine.The lesson on roundabouts is for the people who don`t know how to use them FOOL[disgust]

hammers
27-Jan-06, 23:46
Its the drivers who have to watch out for the pedestrians up here.Their the ones who think they own the place.Some people still drive straight over the roundabout.:lol: :lol:

ice box
27-Jan-06, 23:55
Its the drivers who have to watch out for the pedestrians up here.Their the ones who think they own the place.Some people still drive straight over the roundabout.:lol: :lol:
What are you a taxi driver ?

ice box
27-Jan-06, 23:58
Seems to me that Ice box has a chip on his/her shoulder.
Seems to me you have a screw loose if you can't see what kind of staff work in that shop.

ice box
28-Jan-06, 00:00
that would explain it,i never saw a taxi driver negotiate a roundabout correctly yet,mirrors,indicators,what are they????
Yeh there think they own te road .

hammers
28-Jan-06, 00:02
Fraid not ,no-one can compete with the flying taxis.They`re in a league of their own.I`m just one of the poor souls that takes their life in their hands when i`m aloud out.:lol: :lol:

ice box
28-Jan-06, 00:07
Fraid not ,no-one can compete with the flying taxis.They`re in a league of their own.I`m just one of the poor souls that takes their life in their hands when i`m aloud out.:lol: :lol:
So your the one that nearly knock me down the other day .

hammers
28-Jan-06, 00:13
If you were standing on the roundabout maybe.[evil] [mad]

ice box
28-Jan-06, 00:19
If you were standing on the roundabout maybe.[evil] [mad]
yeh i usually stand there waiting for a taxi i did notice you coming round the roundabout on the right hand side .

life's too short...
28-Jan-06, 00:23
Hi Folks
Just to alter the thread slightly, things that make me feel very sad rather than blood boiling;
a complete lack of thought, consideration or respect for others:(
the aggression in some ((please note, I am not generalising)definitely not all) kids/teenagers today (I consider myself "relatively young", but I have seen some very spiteful, vindictive, angry behaviour and it saddens me that some people have such negative lives, particularly those who are young and could be enthusiastic and energetic about life):cry:

Cocoa
28-Jan-06, 01:29
hey Life's too short, i totally 'n utterly agree with ya there.
well said.

Saveman
28-Jan-06, 08:47
A friend of mine came back from a third world country to Britain last year and remarked at how everyone here had a frown on their face. Not many people were smiling.
In the third world country you see smiles everywhere you go. Even the poorest people, who you have never met, who only live in a mud hut will welcome you into their home and try to feed you.
...and we think we're more advanced than them.... :confused

Dr Evil
28-Jan-06, 14:25
calling haggis junk food

cuddlepop
28-Jan-06, 15:02
Professionals telling you the correct way to do things.... especialy the ones who have never had kids![mad]

Rheghead
29-Jan-06, 16:13
People who drive fast on the approach to a junction then brake sharply. How many times have we swerved out or braked because we thought that they weren't going to stop?[mad]

ice box
29-Jan-06, 16:29
People who drive fast on the approach to a junction then brake sharply. How many times have we swerved out or braked because we thought that they weren't going to stop?[mad]
That really get my goat rheghead especially when i have the kids in the car .

Niall Fernie
29-Jan-06, 17:10
Driving Tips from an Ex-White Van Man:

Consider everyone else on the road to be a moron. Expect that they WILL do most stupid thing you've ever seen and drive accordingly.

So you have to keep these sorts of thoughts in mind:

The car behind you WILL NOT stop as quickly as you if you brake suddenly.

The car in front WILL stop for no reason.

The car waiting at the junction WILL pull out in front of you.

NO ONE knows how a roundabout works except for you.

Amber means STOP.

Indicators are for Christmas, NOT for indicating.

And as a manager of mine once told me, even if you are stationary then involved in a crash, we will consider it to be your fault unless you get the other guy's details, 2 witnesses and a letter from the police confirming your innocence. (it took me just over 24 hours to get the letter, but over a year to get the insurance payout)